*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Anyone ever done the "Personalized" shirts from ShopDisney.com? I just ordered some and saw like 3 - 4 weeks processing. I could only find one other post regarding them on here but it was a Christmas order so I'm sure they were even more backed up. I ordered them on a whim since we're planning 2 trips to Disney this year I figured why not. Plus I got my Disney Debit 10% off and free shipping!

WOW . . . busy thread today!

Booked a BB last August going to be staying at CBR 8/21 to 8/30! :stitch:

Roll Call has been updated. Happy planning!

We are coming Aug 28-Sept 4 at POP - first trip to WDW with our kids aged 4 and 6 (we took them to DL two years ago). Not planning to tell them until the day we leave! Super excited as we got free dining (booked a Aug 28 room only and then package starting on the 29th).

Awesome surprise for the kids. Our son was 4 the first time we took him. Sweet on the free dining.

I think you missed my post Sunday with the dates for my trip for the Roll Call.

Me miss something? You must be kidding ;)

Of course, me messing things up is ALWAYS a possibility lol. All good though, I got you this time.

Roll Call has been updated (no, really, I mean it this time). Happy Planning!

We were going to wait until 2021 to go but just couldn't! I just booked 8/22 - 8/28 at All Star Music (family suite). We are hoping to do one night of the Halloween Party which will be a first for us and we want my youngest to do BBB which she hasn't gotten to do yet (she will be 5 when we go). Let the countdown begin!!

Sidetone: Can someone tell me about bounce back offers? Who do we contact to ask? We have never done that before but might want to consider it while we're there!

Good job on waiting until 2021 lol. We are planning on waiting . .. . several more years, as our intent is to just move to FL . . we will see how that works out. So far, I haven't lost my cool, and planned a trip for 2020 :)

You can add us at Grand Floridian Villas for 8/17-8/24. First time going in the summer. I am a little worried about the weather, but with 1 child in college now this is what it will be.

You can add us at Grand Floridian Villas for 8/17-8/24. First time going in the summer. I am a little worried about the weather, but with 1 child in college now this is what it will be.

Anyone want to share their ADR plan / wishlist?
PORS with Free Dining bounceback (upgraded to regular dining plan), then two nights at Boardwalk Inn
August 11th supper Storybook Dining (new to us)
August 12th supper Rainforest Cafe (will use our Landry card and pay OOP)
August 13th supper at Crystal Palace (my favourite)
August 14th breakfast 'Ohana
August 15th quick service meals only
August 16th supper Chef Mickey's (youngest DD request)
August 17th supper Trails End (oldest DD request)
August 18th breakfast Akershus (this is my dad's favourite :-))
August 18th supper Le Cellier
*move to BWI, no more dining plan
August 19th lunch ESPN
August 20th breakfast Cape May Cafe
***we are also planning on booking a dessert party, but undecided on which one.
***we are also planning to book a Hallowe'en party

PORS with Free Dining bounceback (upgraded to regular dining plan), then two nights at Boardwalk Inn
August 19th lunch ESPN
You’re way more organized then me. We just want a BOG breakfast and lunch - not sure what days yet, and a California Grill. It might be fun to time the CG for the Halloween fireworks. We’ll see. :)

August 19th lunch ESPN

Great list! I’m not quite that organized. My ADR window opens on Wednesday for the first part of our split stay trip. For that part, I’m looking to book Garden Grill PPO and Beaches and Cream. Once my second window opens, I’m looking to book ‘Ohana for my birthday dinner. We might add Trail’s End, but I’m not too worried about getting an ADR there. The rest of the trip, we’ll eat QS.

On a side note, we’d like to switch our YC stay to the BC, but there’s no availability at the moment; I’m checking daily. I just want to make sure that once I book my ADRs, if I switch resorts, my ADRs won’t be canceled.

Great list! I’m not quite that organized. My ADR window opens on Wednesday for the first part of our split stay trip. For that part, I’m looking to book Garden Grill PPO and Beaches and Cream. Once my second window opens, I’m looking to book ‘Ohana for my birthday dinner. We might add Trail’s End, but I’m not too worried about getting an ADR there. The rest of the trip, we’ll eat QS.

On a side note, we’d like to switch our YC stay to the BC, but there’s no availability at the moment; I’m checking daily. I just want to make sure that once I book my ADRs, if I switch resorts, my ADRs won’t be canceled.
We'd like to do BC too, but the difference in price between BC and BWI is about $175 Canadian per night! I can't justify that difference. I am happy to be in the Crescent Lake area though - and a new resort might be fun. We are kind of creatures of habit, so a change will be nice for us.

August 19th lunch ESPN

Love your list :) I am also hoping on trying Storybook. Still debating about 'Ohana beakfast vs. dinner. My dds love Stitch, but I do love the food at dinner... big decisions! Our ADR 180 day is tomorrow... Have some work to do! I'll share my list when I'm done. Happy planning everyone!

My ADR 180 day window is today. Because we have a "split" stay I was only able to book for our first day. We are staying at Pop for the duration of our trip, but booked a room only for our arrival day. Talked to a CM to confirm I would have to wait until tomorrow for the rest. So far I have :
August 1st : Akershus dinner

This will be a first for our family.

My ADR 180 day window is today. Because we have a "split" stay I was only able to book for our first day. We are staying at Pop for the duration of our trip, but booked a room only for our arrival day. Talked to a CM to confirm I would have to wait until tomorrow for the rest. So far I have :
August 1st : Akershus dinner

This will be a first for our family.
We really like Akershsus, but have only been there for breakfast. The interaction with the princesses has always been fantastic in our experience, even though my DD's are now adults.

Does anyone know what dates were offered in this bounce back offer—the one from last year. Could we have booked any day in August? Were any July dates included?

I haven’t decided for sure yet but right now I’m hoping to go August 20-28 staying at the campsites! I’ll let everyone know when it’s official!

Does anyone know what dates were offered in this bounce back offer—the one from last year. Could we have booked any day in August? Were any July dates included?
We booked the Free Dining Bounceback from August 1st to the 15th. I remember all of August being offered... I do not remember what the dates were for July though...

@123SA I found these dates:
  • May 26, 2020 – June 2, 2020
  • June 26, 2020 – September 12, 2020
  • December 9, 2020 – December 24, 2020
It was four nights / four days of park hopper tickets minimum. I was so surprised at the big stretch of summer FD that was offered. We are going August 11-18 with free dining (usually go later but DD's in college / university now, so need to start in late August). I haven't been following very closely, but I think that the FD offered to the general public this year was really limited in dates and had 5 nights/5 days of park hopper tickets required as a minimum). ETA- the general public offer is also 4n/4 days park hopper tickets, not 5.

Last edited:
Its very exciting to see August people already booking dining. We can't wait to book on the 18th.

Our rough plans

Anyone else anxiously waiting to see what they do with boarding groups? Especially with Rise, Ratatoullie and Mickeys railway?

@123SA I found these dates:
  • May 26, 2020 – June 2, 2020
  • June 26, 2020 – September 12, 2020
  • December 9, 2020 – December 24, 2020
It was four nights / four days of park hopper tickets minimum. I was so surprised at the big stretch of summer FD that was offered. We are going August 11-18 with free dining (usually go later but DD's in college / university now, so need to start in late August). I haven't been following very closely, but I think that the FD offered to the general public this year was really limited in dates and had 5 nights/5 days of park hopper tickets required as a minimum).

The general public fd offer was 4 night/4 days with park hopper, same as the bounce back offer, but yes, very limited dates.

Suprisingly though, POFQ was part of the offer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!