*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Hi, can I join in ? We just had our Easter week trip cancelled and rescheduled for the first week of August! I'm with Jroceagles - we still have quite a bit of time before August, so I'm going to keep on planning! lol....
Will be staying at Wilderness Lodge and were able to get Story Book dining dinner ressies so this will be our first time eating there since it changed over to character dining. It will be 4 adults, and 4 kids, 3 of which are boys and have zero interest in seeing Snow White, but that hasn't deterred me at all! :rotfl2: If I am going to a Star Wars dessert party, then they can sit through a dinner with Snow White!

We also use touring plans for reservation finder, planning tools, room requests, etc. It is a great tool for sure.

Here's to August vacation planning!! :cheer2:

Hi, can I join in ? We just had our Easter week trip cancelled and rescheduled for the first week of August! I'm with Jroceagles - we still have quite a bit of time before August, so I'm going to keep on planning! lol....
Will be staying at Wilderness Lodge and were able to get Story Book dining dinner ressies so this will be our first time eating there since it changed over to character dining. It will be 4 adults, and 4 kids, 3 of which are boys and have zero interest in seeing Snow White, but that hasn't deterred me at all! :rotfl2: If I am going to a Star Wars dessert party, then they can sit through a dinner with Snow White!

We also use touring plans for reservation finder, planning tools, room requests, etc. It is a great tool for sure.

Here's to August vacation planning!! :cheer2:

I would be happy to add you to the Roll Call, but I need your dates. I know it is the first week of August, but does your week start on Sunday, or Monday, or some other day. I'm pretty sure no matter which dates I pick, they will be the wrong ones lol.

Original trip - May 22-26 CSR tower.
New trip - August 15-24, Poly.

You have been added to the Roll Call. Happy Planning!

Original 5/22-5/25 Pop room only, New 8/30-9/3, ASMovies with free dining (added an extra night, dropped down from Pop to Movies... for now ;)

You have also been added to the Roll Call. Happy Planning!

Original Trip: April 23-28th (would've been celebrating my nephew's 7th birthday in the Magic Kingdom)
New Trip: August 1-8 (We leave on my DWs Birthday).

Managed to get better dining options for my August trip than I did for my April Trip. Going with 7 adults and 4 kids.

We have a back up for August 6-14th booked. Only reason we have not canceled our July trip is due to my sons birthday. Figured August is close enough to still celebrate but give Disney a little bit more time to open up. The only other time in 2020 we can go to Disney is thanksgiving week.

We are going August 1-9. Thank you!

You have been added to the Roll Call. Happy Planning :)

Original Trip: April 23-28th (would've been celebrating my nephew's 7th birthday in the Magic Kingdom)
New Trip: August 1-8 (We leave on my DWs Birthday).

Managed to get better dining options for my August trip than I did for my April Trip. Going with 7 adults and 4 kids.

You have been added to Roll Call. Happy Planning!

Would you like your resort, or offsite added to the Roll Call?

Oh! Please add me to the roll call too!

August 28th to September 4th, Contemporary

Thank you!

You have been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning :)

We have a back up for August 6-14th booked. Only reason we have not canceled our July trip is due to my sons birthday. Figured August is close enough to still celebrate but give Disney a little bit more time to open up. The only other time in 2020 we can go to Disney is thanksgiving week.

You have been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning!

Would you like your resort, or offsite added to your Roll Call listing?

Hi I'm joining in. Had to change our dates from June to August. Looking forward to a great, sweaty, trip! I'm hedging my bets that the odds will be in my favor with the parks being fully open in August. I can't help but think a June opening will be limited at best.

It's done (and I saved some money!) we're booked for Aug. 24-30. Add me to the list:)

Last edited:
Hi I'm joining in. Had to change our dates from June to August. Looking forward to a great, sweaty, trip! I'm hedging my bets that the odds will be in my favor with the parks being fully open in August. I can't help but think a June opening will be limited at best.

It's done (and I saved some money!) we're booked for Aug. 24-30. Add me to the list:)

You have been added to the Roll Call. If you would like your resort, or offsite listed, post where you will be staying, and I'll add that to the Roll Call. Happy Planning!

been trying..no luck yet for Storybook
Don't worry... it will come. I am sure there are many like me... International travellers that are holding on to their reservations for a few more months. We cannot travel if there are travel restrictions in place, no medical insurance or mandatory quarantine upon return home. Holding on just in case things get better quickly. I've got some great ones too 😭😭 CRT, Storybook, Ohana... I have until June 15th to make up my mind. Will post what I have and when I will cancel if and when the time comes.

Don't worry... it will come. I am sure there are many like me... International travellers that are holding on to their reservations for a few more months. We cannot travel if there are travel restrictions in place, no medical insurance or mandatory quarantine upon return home. Holding on just in case things get better quickly. I've got some great ones too 😭😭 CRT, Storybook, Ohana... I have until June 15th to make up my mind. Will post what I have and when I will cancel if and when the time comes.
Thank you

We stopped doing Ohana...last 2 times we were there the food was not that great. IDK maybe it just wore off on us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter