~~***Official April 2017 Thread***~~

Are you going crazy yet? :P

So crazy! I've started gathering things to pack, but haven't actually started packing yet. This next week and a half is going to drag by!! 10 days and 20 hours to go!

Where are you at on your countdown, I think you were going to be there around the same time as me, if I remember correctly?

Heh, yes, it drags and drags and also goes too fast, simultaneously, when you are frantically getting everything finalized- packing, etc!).

We are at 17 days.

I am going to place my garden grocer order tonight.

I am prepping for the bag packing, in my mind and making a list. I have to be careful not to make it too obvious. The magic bands came and my ds saw them and was curious/excited, but I staved him off by saying wdw takes a really really really long time to plan, over a year! They think we are going next year. Ds bought it and even told me I was such a great mom for being so organized and planning so much for it so far in advance. :rolleyes1 Now, granted, it does take a lot of planning, but I don't normally start a year out... :)

Heh, yes, it drags and drags and also goes too fast, simultaneously, when you are frantically getting everything finalized- packing, etc!).

We are at 17 days.

I am going to place my garden grocer order tonight.

I am prepping for the bag packing, in my mind and making a list. I have to be careful not to make it too obvious. The magic bands came and my ds saw them and was curious/excited, but I staved him off by saying wdw takes a really really really long time to plan, over a year! They think we are going next year. Ds bought it and even told me I was such a great mom for being so organized and planning so much for it so far in advance. :rolleyes1 Now, granted, it does take a lot of planning, but I don't normally start a year out... :)

Awww, that's awesome that you have been able to keep it a secret! Such a great surprise!

I had to take my son shopping this past weekend and get him all new shorts, new swim trunks, new shirts, new flip flops/slides, etc. He has hit a growth spurt this year and it has been ridiculous trying to keep him clothed! Only a couple of t-shirts from last summer fit, everything else, nope. We have went through 2 jean sizes (length) since September! It hasn't started warming up here much yet so I hadn't even thought about warm weather clothes and the fact that he had grown so much...until this weekend when I started the packing list and was like ohhhh, yeah, he's gonna need stuff, lol :oops:

Awww, that's awesome that you have been able to keep it a secret! Such a great surprise!

I had to take my son shopping this past weekend and get him all new shorts, new swim trunks, new shirts, new flip flops/slides, etc. He has hit a growth spurt this year and it has been ridiculous trying to keep him clothed! Only a couple of t-shirts from last summer fit, everything else, nope. We have went through 2 jean sizes (length) since September! It hasn't started warming up here much yet so I hadn't even thought about warm weather clothes and the fact that he had grown so much...until this weekend when I started the packing list and was like ohhhh, yeah, he's gonna need stuff, lol :oops:

Good thing you have that out of the way!

Hmm. I may need to pull a "spring cleaning" project with the kids to see what fits and what doesn't.

Looking at the April hour changes that were made Saturday, the extended MK hours abruptly end on Friday 4/21. Should I take that as a good sign that the crowd levels are going to go down significantly starting Saturday (our arrival day)? Given the Dark Side races and the fact that some states have spring break the week after Easter, I was expecting the crowd levels to stay fairly high through the 23rd, so I was surprised that MK doesn't have early or late hours over the weekend.

Heading to POR the week of Easter! Can not wait!!! 5th trip in 3 years

New rides to try out: Everest, Rockin' Rollercoaster, the new Soarin' and Frozen Ever After. Also going to see ROL.
:mickeyjum

I check in 31 days form now and already have my ME luggage tags. I'd call in a week if you don't have them already. Call ME, not Disney. ME can tell you if they have been mailed out.

My niece leaves in 27 days and just received hers today.

April hours have been updated. I see a lot of 7am emh for magic kingdom for when I'm there.
Ok. Pre-trip rambled worrying over.

I saw that 7am also- that's our first day. I haden't checked EMHs in a while, and it seems they line up with our planned park days :'(

I can't decide if we will take advantage of that ungodly hour EMH or not... what would even be open that early?

I saw that 7am also- that's our first day. I haden't checked EMHs in a while, and it seems they line up with our planned park days :'(

I can't decide if we will take advantage of that ungodly hour EMH or not... what would even be open that early?

Fantasyland and tomorrowland I believe at MK. If you can do it; it would rock. Meaning, if you can start at 7, you will do an incredible amount by 10:30.

Hey guys!

I’ve been avoiding this thread because my plans have been so up in there air until literally yesterday. I’ll be in Disney April 16-20 (coming in the 15th, leaving the 21st) staying at AKL because my friends are amazing and when they found out my plans had fallen through they offered me space in their room. And because I had thought my plans had fallen through completely and I wasn’t going to go now I’m in EXTREME PLANNER MODE! Oh, my goodness!

:wave2: Dropping in to note a change for MK for Saturday, April 8th.

Festival of Fantasy is scheduled to run at 5:00p. There is broadcasting for a British television show in MK that afternoon. Because the show broadcasts live, whatever is happening will be between 2:00 and 3:00p.

This also affects the MiSi scheduling for that date. As more info becomes available, I'll report in. :)

Finally 30 day mark came around and was able to schedule our first day of fast passes. We were able to get the ones we wanted pretty close to the times we wanted as well! I was worried. Now will see what tomorrow holds as far as second day for FP+ at Epcot on a Sunday following the race.

Finally 30 day mark came around and was able to schedule our first day of fast passes. We were able to get the ones we wanted pretty close to the times we wanted as well! I was worried. Now will see what tomorrow holds as far as second day for FP+ at Epcot on a Sunday following the race.

Good luck today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter