Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Hello! I'm not sure if I missed the AP rates or I am just doing something wrong, but I haven't been able to find anything at all the first week in January. Did they not offer them that week, or did I just miss them? I dont' see them at any resort that week, even if I put the start date of the 1st instead of the 31st since I know NYE is crazy expensive everywhere. Thanks!

Hello! I'm not sure if I missed the AP rates or I am just doing something wrong, but I haven't been able to find anything at all the first week in January. Did they not offer them that week, or did I just miss them? I dont' see them at any resort that week, even if I put the start date of the 1st instead of the 31st since I know NYE is crazy expensive everywhere. Thanks!
NY day could be blocked out too, try working forward from the 2nd etc.

If you find something perhaps you can link two reservations, chance of needing to move. I’d contact hotel if you go that route

Split stay might be an option those pricier days.

Not an AP rate but I was able to get Portofino from Costco at Club level for a little cheaper than AP. On top of that about $190 Costco Gift card back. The upgrade to Club level was about $30 total on Costco’s website over their regular room rate. January during the week, 5 nights. If you include the weekend the math no longer works. Just another option to consider.

NY day could be blocked out too, try working forward from the 2nd etc.

If you find something perhaps you can link two reservations, chance of needing to move. I’d contact hotel if you go that route

Split stay might be an option those pricier days.
I have been checking for a month and Saturday Jan 4 is expensive so we are doing a slit stay at a non universal hotel. I would imagine pre Jan 4 is no better. Prices drop from Jan 5 onward.

Not an AP rate but I was able to get Portofino from Costco at Club level for a little cheaper than AP. On top of that about $190 Costco Gift card back. The upgrade to Club level was about $30 total on Costco’s website over their regular room rate. January during the week, 5 nights. If you include the weekend the math no longer works. Just another option to consider.
All I can ever find on Costco website is packages with tickets included. How did you get a room only rate?

I didn’t. We needed tickets. The price for tickets was similar to undercover. There is an option to remove tickets but one person needs to buy them.
Aw bummer we have AP's so we don't need tickets, lol. Thanks for the tip for Costco though! We are looking at individual days and multiple day combinations and it is high that week. I'll keep looking! Thanks!

How often do they release AP rates? Right now dates are available through 2/13, my trip starts 2/16. Less then 3 months. Would like to finalize my trip and its getting annoying checking multiple times a day.

How often do they release AP rates? Right now dates are available through 2/13, my trip starts 2/16. Less then 3 months. Would like to finalize my trip and its getting annoying checking multiple times a day.
My travel agent was told 60-90 days in advance generally, I guess if your trip is at the end of a block of dates (like February 13th) you get lucky and get more notice, but it looks like we got caught in no man's land. Our trip starts Feb 15th. I have limited myself to looking once a day.

HI everyone. I"m loving the tips I"m getting here! Does the name on the reservation need to match the person with the annual pass or does the annual pass holder just need to be part of the party in the room? The plan was for me to have the AP but when I ordered my tickets online this morning (great deal, plus 10% off!) ticket #1 has MY name on it, so thinking now I should get the AP with hubby's name on it. However the hotel is reserved in my name.

HI everyone. I"m loving the tips I"m getting here! Does the name on the reservation need to match the person with the annual pass or does the annual pass holder just need to be part of the party in the room? The plan was for me to have the AP but when I ordered my tickets online this morning (great deal, plus 10% off!) ticket #1 has MY name on it, so thinking now I should get the AP with hubby's name on it. However the hotel is reserved in my name.

I would wait and purchase the AP at the hotel right after you check in, that way you can ask them if it would matter what the first name on the room is (I am almost certain it wouldn’t matter) We usually wait and purchase our AP’s at the hotels after we check in. Only once have we been asked to “come back and show our AP” when booking the AP rate. That was at Sapphire Falls and it did not matter which one of us (me or my husband) verified our AP, both of our names were listed as guests in the room

Quick question - when does the balance of a booking need to be paid? I have three bookings at different hotels over a 10 day stretch, but none of the confirmation emails mention this point.
Check out day.

Just thought I'd drop in that each of the three hotels I stayed at required the balance paid at check in plus a set amount for each day.

And, because I've seen this question a few times, no one ever asked for my APH. But I had bought it online before arriving, so I'm guessing their system linked the two together (the APH and the APH rate hotel room booking).

Quick question - when does the balance of a booking need to be paid? I have three bookings at different hotels over a 10 day stretch, but none of the confirmation emails mention this point.
Echoing the response above me, I was charged the balance on checkin last week at Cabana Bay. First time this has ever happened to me at Universal. They charged it to my credit card because I was caught off guard and did not have my gift cards ready at checkin. Later they reversed the charge and applied my gift cards. (as usual it took a full week for the credit to show up on my CC account)

Echoing the response above me, I was charged the balance on checkin last week at Cabana Bay. First time this has ever happened to me at Universal. They charged it to my credit card because I was caught off guard and did not have my gift cards ready at checkin. Later they reversed the charge and applied my gift cards. (as usual it took a full week for the credit to show up on my CC account)
That is new! Usually just a hold on the card at check in.

I seem to have caught the window for AP rates for my surprise upcoming January trip! My dad decided out of the blue that he would like to take me and my kids to Universal, he and my stepmom love Harry Potter and so they're gifting us a trip as a Christmas present. We were going to do at least 3 park days anyway, which is at that break-even point for an AP, so I checked APH rates and it looks like we've gotten lucky. Interestingly I checked rates on both my desktop browser and my ipad browser and the AP rates only showed up on the ipad, so if anyone is having a hard time finding rates try using different browsers/devices I guess?

We're doing 2 family suites at Cabana Bay for 5 nights, and I managed to grab one night in the middle at RPR as well if we decide we want to use the express pass benefits. It was $269 for the night at RPR for all 5 of us, so if we need the passes those two days it will be a huge savings. We're going late January, after MLK Day, so I know we may not need the passes...I may let the room go when we get closer to the date, we'll see. But it's a Friday night, so we'd get the EP benefits on a Saturday, which might be useful?

My oldest son and I did one day at Universal this past spring as an add-on to a family Disney trip, but this will be the first time for everyone else and the first time staying on site/doing a longer trip, so I'm excited to get planning!

So a discounted rate e-mail has come out into March, why haven't the AP rates dropped past Feb 13th? We will go anyway, but I was hoping to have a little more Christmas money (or maybe upgrade to Club level for the same price or something like that)!

So a discounted rate e-mail has come out into March, why haven't the AP rates dropped past Feb 13th? We will go anyway, but I was hoping to have a little more Christmas money (or maybe upgrade to Club level for the same price or something like that)!
I called universal the other day to change my reservations due to the new 35% off promo. I asked them about AP rates coming out and they said that they currently have AP promos only for Florida residents and that the promos for us non Floridians wouldn't come out til after that promo is done. Which they said was early January. Kind of frustrating having to wait so long to see if it would be worthwhile.

I did see AP rates for Royal Pacific if anyone is interested in a last minute trip!
Starting Dec 8th or 9th.

But nothing after the 10th. 😕

I feel like I missed the AP boat completely! I'm looking for Jan 17 - Jan 23
I'll keep checking but at this point Royal Pacific doesn't even show up! :(

Thanks for sharing FoxC63
Great find!

I’m sure later ap rates will show up later this month

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter