Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Quick question I am hoping someone can help me with. My two kids, age 20 and 15 have APs but their dad (my ex husband) does not. He wants to take them in July and I was wondering if he books the AP rate, does one of their passes count? I am guessing not since they are not 21 but thought I would ask.

Quick question I am hoping someone can help me with. My two kids, age 20 and 15 have APs but their dad (my ex husband) does not. He wants to take them in July and I was wondering if he books the AP rate, does one of their passes count? I am guessing not since they are not 21 but thought I would ask.
Loews has pretty excellent customer service. Since your 20 year old is an adult (even if not old enough to reserve themselves) as long as the 20 year old is there at check in to show the AP if asked, and that is a big if, I think it would be fine. One adult staying in the room has an AP so I am sure Loews would be fine with it.

Loews has pretty excellent customer service. Since your 20 year old is an adult (even if not old enough to reserve themselves) as long as the 20 year old is there at check in to show the AP if asked, and that is a big if, I think it would be fine. One adult staying in the room has an AP so I am sure Loews would be fine with it.
Great! Thank you!

Great! Thank you!

As “planners” we can tend to overthink things. I can’t imagine a general visitor not just assuming one adult having an AP wouldn’t be enough (again even if they aren’t technically old enough to legally reserve the room by themselves).

Does anybody know the age USO considers a teen to be an adult for room reservations?
I think they just charged my room as 3 adults . He just turned 16 so I was not thinking about upcharge …

Does anybody know the age USO considers a teen to be an adult for room reservations?
I think they just charged my room as 3 adults . He just turned 16 so I was not thinking about upcharge …
For the rooms, it should be 18 and older. We've stayed with our 17 year old, (and previously at 15, 16, etc. ) and they were considered a child for the room. When we filled out the reservation online, it asked for all member of the party, and we had to list the ages for the kids,, choices went up to 17 on the list.
Hope you can get it fixed/figured out!

It is definitely 18.

My daughter is 20 now but we have stayed at Loews hotels in several locations and at least 25+ Orlando visits since she was little. It’s definitely age 18.

Hotels are different than tickets or food plans I don’t think they could charge an adult price (for hotel stay) unless the person is legally an adult.

Definitely call Loews if you have a question and have them manually check the reservation.

I've never been asked in more stays than I can recall - sometimes 3 stays in a week at different properties.
It's possible they have the info from an email address or the phone number, IDK.

Last edited:
I've been asked on the first reservation but not on subsequent reservations on the same AP - I wonder if they note it somewhere? I have definitely not been asked more than once a trip, and we most often stay at 2+ hotels, all on AP rates.

Decided to do another night at RPR earlier un our trip and just booked Sept 29 for $345-same price i got for Oct 6. Gotta maximize the Express Pass, as 2 consective nights would give us 3 days of EP versus 4.

I have! It all depends on person checking you in.
I've always been asked. However I don't usually have it at check-in, they just ask me to come back sometimes during my stay so they can sight it.
I have to pick mine up at the ticket desk usually and don't do that before I check in.

How many rooms can I reserve with1 AP? Needing 2 rooms - looking at Deluxe King and a 2 Queen rooms. Only one person over 21. Or if I can convince my adult son in going he would be the other room. So if I had 2 over 21 could I use 1 AP for the 2 rooms?

Wow, what a jump at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel for late October 10/23-10/29 2024
AP Discount (no longer available): $539.85
Stay More, Save More: $620.25
Club, 2 Qn. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest