Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Did anyone see what popcorn buckets were at Boo Bash? I have a little witch who really wants a purple cauldron.

Did anyone see what popcorn buckets were at Boo Bash? I have a little witch who really wants a purple cauldron.
I'd like to add, has anyone seen the purple cauldron anywhere on property in the last few days? Last I heard it was seen at Epcot, but that was much earlier in the Halloween season. Any recent sightings?

We went to Boo Bash on Friday the 15th. We went hoping for short waits on the rides and we were not disappointed. Everything was pretty much a walk on. Unfortunately we waited until the end of the night to ride Mine Train and it had gone down. Oh well! We still had a fabulous night. Crowds were low, lines for treats and candy were short and we had no problem finding good viewing spots for the cavalcades by just walking up at the last minute. We got to see Maleficent breathing fire in Frontierland which was a hoot. This was our first time doing an after hours event, and we loved it.

Now we are really looking forward to the Christmas after hours event.

I had tickets for 10/8, but people in the park were turned away and told event was sold out. I was getting my Birthday Button from guest services and the long line dwindled to nothing when they told everyone in line there were no tickets for tonight’s event. Again, day of.

I can echo the good experiences others had on Friday 10/15. The only issue we ran into was 7DMT going down after we had been waiting in line for 20 minutes...

Overall we had a great time, hit the rides we wanted to ride, saw the new fireworks show, did some trick or treating, ate too much ice cream, drank like 5 Dasani waters, and saw most (all?) of the cavalcades just in our running back and forth. This single event was our sole Disney park visit for all of 2021 so we had to try and make it count as much as possible! Was it worth the $$$$$? For me, yes, but I'm someone who actively despises any kind of crowd and/or line (why do I like Disney, again? :earboy2:)

Anyway, here are the (excessive) notes I took on what we did:

6:05 - Parked at TTC, walked to Poly and checked out BouTiki to kill some time
6:25 - Took the monorail to Magic Kingdom and lined up in the event queues
6:50 - Let through gates and given wristbands/candy bags
6:55 - Mobile ordered Casey's and quickly ate after sniping a table
7:17 - People Mover (15 min wait, posted 20 min I think)
7:40 - Made our way behind the castle and set up for Enchantment just off of the Adventureland bridge so we would have an easy escape
8:00 - Enchantment (which was fine I guess, but that's for another post lol)
8:22 - BTMR (walk on, posted 15 min)
8:34 - Pirates (walk on, posted 15 min)
8:58 - Small world (walk on, posted 10 min I think)
9:15 - Trick or treating by speedway (no wait)
9:20 - Fantasyland drinks/ice cream bars (no wait)
9:29 - Space Mountain (12 min wait, posted 25 min)
9:46 - Tomorrowland Popcorn and water (2 min wait)
9:54 - Buzz (walk on, posted 15 min)
10:03 - Trick or treating in scare factory (no wait)
10:08 - Stopped to watch villain's cavalcade in front of castle
10:15 - Shopped a bit and bought our souvenir 50th pin
10:20 - Stopped to watch Jack Skellington cavalcade on main street (totally empty)
10:27 - Stopped to watch Malificent cavalcade in Liberty Square (fair number of people sitting down and waiting for these)
10:40 - Grabbed a popcorn and fruit bar in Fantasyland (no wait) and just chilled for a few mins
10:53 - Decided that the 7DMT line was as short as it was going to get and got in line (posted 35 mins). It broke down at 11:10 so that was a total waste of time...
11:13 - Trick or treating in fantasyland
11:17 - Haunted Mansion (this had a 35-45 min wait ALL night until now when it was posted at 15 or 20 I believe... actual wait 10 mins)
11:35 - Saw Maleficent Cavalcade again while speed walking back to BTMR
11:42 - BTMR (walk on)
11:50 - Trick or Treating in Pecos Bills
11:55 - Caught the last song of the Cadaver Dan's performance
11:59 - Picked up a bottle of water and diet coke for the road
12:10 - There was a slight line for the express monorail so we took the resort monorail and were out of the parking lot around 12:30 if I remember correctly

If anyone was interested in going to tonight's event, tickets are available. Just bought 3!
So when you bought your three tickets, did they just give you hard cards/tickets or did they add them onto your account? My husband and I just booked a last minute trip the 31st-2nd and was going to try to find someone to buy us tickets for the 31st (if they happen to become available again) but not sure if they are actual tickets that I can link myself to my own account or if they are automatically linked to the purchasers account...

I've heard lots of reports of people being in MK with no Boo Bash tickets and asking CM's how to buy tickets and all being told that it's "sold out".
Yet I haven't heard a single report of someone walking to the guest service ticket booth and being told it's "sold out". Anyone who's wanted to buy a Boo Bash ticket at the GS window has been allowed to.
So when you bought your three tickets, did they just give you hard cards/tickets or did they add them onto your account?
When you purchase at the GS window, they're hard tickets. You'll get a generic Disney plastic card, one for each guest. They won't go on your MDE or any account you have.

I've heard lots of reports of people being in MK with no Boo Bash tickets and asking CM's how to buy tickets and all being told that it's "sold out".
Yet I haven't heard a single report of someone walking to the guest service ticket booth and being told it's "sold out". Anyone who's wanted to buy a Boo Bash ticket at the GS window has been allowed to.

Posted just this morning::

I had tickets for 10/8, but people in the park were turned away and told event was sold out. I was getting my Birthday Button from guest services and the long line dwindled to nothing when they told everyone in line there were no tickets for tonight’s event. Again, day of.

I went to Boo Bash Sunday night. Background: I live locally and have gone to many Not-so-Scary parties, usually 2-4 a year, so can compare the two. Boo Bash is different than a party and I wasn't expecting it to be the same as a party. That being said, I was disappointed and do not feel like it was worth $179 (plus tax I think it was $192). We (3 adults, and one 10 year old) arrived at 6:30 and were let in at 6:50pm. We felt rushed the whole time, and barely made it to the 7 treat spots. We only rode 6 rides, and did not have time to watch the cavalcades. The Emporium did a hard close at midnight so no shopping afterward. About half of the people were in costume but you didn't have time to stop to look at anyone's costumes while rushing around the park. Not So Scary is my favorite and I knew not to expect as much but even with lower expectations, it is not worth the money. 🙁

Attended 10/8 After reading the majority of this thread, I was a bit apprehensive. Maybe last nights storm from 6:15 to 7 kept people out or just emptied the park, bit except for Main Street, rides were great. Rode 7DMT right after the FW-20 minute wait and then Buzz -15 minutes and at 8:50 devised our plan of attack.

We hit all the candy stops and three of the drink/ice cream stations. Never waited for more than a minute for a Mickey treat. There were CM's at certain points that asked to see our wrist bands-Loved it. Watched a lady and her two children get booted from Mine Train for non-mask compliance. Gave the CM a high five.

I collected about 3 pounds of candy. It was my birthday and I had my button and played it for all it was worth. I was getting 2 and three handfuls of candy at every stop. DW just rolled her eyes. Hey, I'm 71, I don't care. By 9:30 except for Frontier land, crowds did not exist. People parked out in Frontier Land for the Cavalcades. Nuts.

Love this post -- happy belated birthday!

Just got back from our night. The crowds were great, lines moved really fast. Got lots of snacks, candy, and rides. I was happy with the night! The only thing I missed from the regular party is the special fireworks.

Last night was amazing! We had Boo Bash-only (no day park) and pre-fireworks dessert party tickets. We arrived early around 6:20 p.m. (1st in tapstile) but they held us right until 7 p.m. Grabbed bags and bands - were going to use the shortcut behind Tony's, but it was closed. No problem walking down a crowded, but not packed Main Street to Tomorrowland Terrace. No problem checking in late (and no line!). Food was restocked constantly. We got food and sat down by 7:15 p.m. (went through line several times). And the fireworks garden view was awesome - not shoulder to shoulder like the rest of the area. You could have walked out anytime right up to 8 p.m. and had a great view - plenty of space (a few minutes before the fireworks they opened up the walkway in front of the viewing area... just to party guests... that made a ton of space.). My uneducated guess, seems like Disney listened to feedback about crowded party viewing area and adjusted. And, we loved the show!!

After fireworks a little rocky - Buzz Lightyear went down while we were on it (lights on, 15 minutes), but after that, smooth sailing. Space Mountain about a 5-10 min (while day guests were still there). 9 p.m. trick or treating opened - we hit Monsters Inc and were off. Most everything we did from that point on was a walk on except 5 mins Haunted House (posted 25) 5 mins (BTMR) and Peter Pan (our favorite) was 30 mins, but such a fun queue. We did: Buzz, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan (twice - walk on at end of night), Carousel, Pirates, trick or treating (tons of candy and we only did Monsters Inc and Tikki Room), characters: Maleficient/Cruella/Evil Queen (near castle), Eeyore/Pooh/Tigger/Piglet (in front of Crystal Palace), Chip & Dale, characters outside Haunted Mansion, Pirate Goofy, Mickey/Minnie/Donal/Goofy/Pluto (train station platform), Villains cavalcade, Jack Skell\eton cavalcade, free drinks and snack (skipped this early on when long lines - later in night could walk right up - took several for the road at the end of the night), and my daughter wanted to get a shirt so we went shopping for about 15-20 min on main street (empty stores - others could hit another ride or two in this time). We could have jumped in line for SDMT about 15 mins before end (posted 40 min wait, CM said it wasn't going to take that long), but we were super happy and feet-tired so we took our second (this time walk on) ride on Peter Pan - went by Crystal Palace and caught Eeeyore (my favorite - was only Pooh and Tigger earlier in the evening). So much room to walk around the park (even the area between fantasyland and Haunted Mansion) - Main Street later (after day guests gone) wide open -walk right up and take cavalcade pictures, pictures of castle, etc. I loved finding all of the 50th anniversary statues and taking pictures.

Highly recommend - enjoy!!!

Last edited:
Went to Boo Bash last night (10/22). We've been to NSSHP in 2017, 2018, and 2019 with our 3 nephews and took them to BB this year after missing out last year. We thought it was a great time, not so different from other years. We actually loved the later start (boys are 12, 13 1/2, and 15) and we felt we got to do MORE rides than ever. Part of that is boys being older and being able to keep going all night though.

We entered right at 7 and headed to Tomorrowland. Lots of people already gathering for fireworks. NO LINES in Tomorrowland. We rode Peoplemover, Buzz Lightyear 3x, Speedway - all with no wait. Fireworks started while we were on Speedway and we watched them from there and could see pretty well.

Then did Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, Little Mermaid, Barnstormer before 9. At 9 the treat stations and drink/snack stations opened and we were hungry/thirsty at that point (we had late lunch/early dinner at Ohana at 3:30).

Next was Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, quick viewing of what I think was the Villains Cavalcade, Thunder Mountain, Aladdin's carpets, and Pirates. Finished out the night with 7 dwarves (saw another cavalcade on main st. w/mickey and minnie) and Space Mountain (got off right at midnight and headed to monorail - no wait there either!)

The longest wait we had was 25 min for Mine train and maybe about 15-20 for Peter pan. Everything else we basically walked on.

We took advantage of the popcorn, water, coke, and Mickey Bars throughout the night. Boys went to every trick or treat station we could find and filled their bags. We have never really spent much time on the parades/shows so I can't speak to that but everything else we felt was BETTER. Less waiting, "free" snacks and drinks, etc. We had a GREAT time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter