• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Well that was a mess! No buttons for DVC but it said it was live but had logged me out. Logged in but still no button to select. Went to Ipad and nothing DVC there either other than saying it was live. Then went to Passholder and am still spinning on that. Back to Chrome on laptop and DVC now had a button and got registered right away for 5K & 10K.

Registered for the 5K and the jacket. May add other stuff like pins and AP once I get the link from my travel agent for the challenge. Then I'll call runDisney and make sure that I get Kessel added to the challenge.

Now to attempt to make ADRs for marathon weekend since one system doesn't like the credit card, but runDisney is perfectly fine with it.

I see that the 5K confirmation says I'm all set for Wednesday, April 17th. 10K is correct with Sat April 18th.

I see that the 5K confirmation says I'm all set for Wednesday, April 17th. 10K is correct with Sat April 18th.

Mine listed the dates as Thursday April 18th and Friday April 19, 2019 for the challenge races. Just got off the phone with RunDisney and they are going to be fixing the dates.

The good thing is that yes, I'm registered for 2020! Wahoo running a half on my birthday!

I'm in for the half/Kessel!

Also bought the race-themed limited edition magic band on a whim. We shall see what it looks like, they've promised to release the band design before registration fully opens next week...
I didn't see that option. 😕

DD and I are in for the 5k and Rival Run/Kessel Challenge.

I didn't see the LE magic band - it must have sold out?

I don't know! It was the very first item listed on the "buy products" page during my registration. I knew it was limited edition so I bought it.

You'd think if it sold out that fast, they'd release more than the limited edition of 1,000. Who knows!

Last edited:
I don't know! It was the very first item listed on the "buy products" page during my registration. I knew it was limited edition so I bought it.

You'd think if it sold out that fast, they'd release more than the limited edition of 1,000. Who knows!
I went back in and it wasn't listed in "Buy Products".

I went back in and it wasn't listed in "Buy Products".

I see that too... maybe they only made a small quantity available during the AP/DVC presale? Either way they're leaving money on the table if they aren't offering these more widely during registration. Weird.

“runDisney, my money is yours!”
I got online about 10:20, waited only moments, and signed up for all the races in one transaction. Easiest sign up I’ve done in years. (I’ll input POT later.)

Look, I know it's early and all, and it's only rack rates, but All-Star resorts starting at $200 a night? Campsites starting at $175? What the hell? Going to wind up staying offsite, if I go...
IKR? It's insane. I'm nearly always offsite, but if that goes up, too, I'll be sleeping in my car, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter