Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

Thanks - good to know!! I hate sand in general so it turned me off and I'm not sure if it's ideal for getting a good proof of time for the W&D half but I'll look into it more! It does look fun and the seahorse medal is so cute :)
Okay, the Princess Leia avatar and the statement "I hate sand" made me think that Leia inherited more than just Force sensitivity from her father.

You set this up.... "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." - Anakin Skywalker
Reminds me of when they announced Hayden Christensen for Star Wars Celebration Orlando in 2017. Somebody asked the official Star Wars twitter account how they got him to agree to come and the account replied "we promised him there wound't be any sand."

This may sound crazy or random. How about a DIS Board meet up for the Animal Kingdom 20th anniversary? It is on the same day as the Half Marathon. Like drinks somewhere.

I'll be at AK that day, but I better not commit, seeing how after my recent 10-miler I walked like Frankenstein's monster for about the next 12 hours. Would be a real drag if everyone was having a great time at the meetup and every 20 minutes had to say "Somebody take the oil can and fix Llama's joints.....dude's locked up again."

I'll be the one walking funny.

You set this up.... "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." - Anakin Skywalker
I mean...he's not wrong :rotfl:

I run on Cocoa Beach a few times a month (my parents have a condo there), and I can say while the sand is hard packed, it is never really close to running on firm ground. I normally run about a minute or two slower per mile on sand. I signed up for the 10k but I am doing it for pure enjoyment (and the medal looks cool). But if your main goal is a good POT, I'd recommend another race.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks!

Does anyone know if buses are available at the end of the 5k to get to another park? We're planning on meeting DH at DHS as soon as we're done to get DS signed up for JTA. I was hoping buses to other parks might be available. If not, are taxis readily available??

Does anyone know if buses are available at the end of the 5k to get to another park? We're planning on meeting DH at DHS as soon as we're done to get DS signed up for JTA. I was hoping buses to other parks might be available. If not, are taxis readily available??

The 5K course is closed by 7, so you'll have time to go back to your resort and catch a bus from there. There won't be taxis that I recall, but you can always call an Uber/Lyft I guess? Or take the Swan/Dolpin/Boardwalk/Yacht & Beach bus, get off at the first stop and walk.

DHS doesn't open until 9 a.m. on 5K day, so you'll have plenty of time.

You could walk to the regular Animal Kingdom bus stop and catch a Studios bus, but honestly I don't know what time you'll see one show up, you could be waiting a while. It would be quicker to bus back to your resort from the race buses and catch the Studios bus from the resort most likely.

No waivers yet. I think I read in the FB group that the corrals were found in the runDisney’s SWDS web page HTML stuff. I know I probably just made no sense, but my eyes tend to glaze over when it comes to reading that stuff.

I’m guessing that I’ll be in corral D. I used the same POT I used for Princess.
I used my 2:11 time from Wine & Dine. So I'm expecting Corral C. Would they put me in a lower corral if I'm doing the challenge?

Wow, what's up with corral F? I'm used to seeing the increase in corral size farther back but this seems extreme. Maybe they think with the waves it doesn't matter as much, but it seems F should have been split into two or the time between F and G shifted.

Princess was the same situation. I think there were around 9,000 runners in that corral!

Wow, what's up with corral F? I'm used to seeing the increase in corral size farther back but this seems extreme. Maybe they think with the waves it doesn't matter as much, but it seems F should have been split into two or the time between F and G shifted.
I'm pretty sure it's the same for Princess, Wine &Dine etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter