"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this thread! I will be going to DAH on Jan 19th solo while my wife and daughter are sleeping. My wife is not into disney have as much as i am and really doesn't have any interest in something like this but gave me the go ahead to do it solo, which works perfect for me. Anyone else going solo?

I'm going solo in February, looking forward to it. I have been on several solo trips while DH goes scuba diving; my sister is retired now and has a house in Florida so I will visit her with quick side trips to Disney and Universal. I like solo trips a lot!

So no monorail running? What will be an option to get to the TTC, will the ferry be running?

Last year monorail and resort launch transportation weren't available at the end up the night. I'm blanking on if the ferry was running, or if they just bused people to the TTC. Anyone else remember?

Someone on another thread was asking about "non-dairy" snacks/treats available during DAH. Not exactly my area of expertise... anyone know? I assume (?) the Strawberry Fruit Bars at the carts are non-dairy. Anything else out?

Someone on another thread was asking about "non-dairy" snacks/treats available during DAH. Not exactly my area of expertise... anyone know? I assume (?) the Strawberry Fruit Bars at the carts are non-dairy. Anything else out?
Popcorn is non dairy. The butter is vegan.

Thanks for redirecting my question. I didn't know this was a thread. I have been away from DISboards for awhile. Looking forward to following this thread!

Thanks for redirecting my question. I didn't know this was a thread. I have been away from DISboards for awhile. Looking forward to following this thread!

No worries. Threads move fast and the volume of info is a lot to keep track of.

As to your question, I don't remember any 'special' carts with non-standard items, but I also wasn't looking for them either so I'm not a good source of info. The ones that come to mind are strawberry bars and popcorn per the PP. Maybe some other folks will chime in too. Hope you have fun on your DAH night!

Last year monorail and resort launch transportation weren't available at the end up the night. I'm blanking on if the ferry was running, or if they just bused people to the TTC. Anyone else remember?
The ferries did go back to the TTC..I don't think the ferries went back to the hotels because we stayed at the Poly and our only choice was the bus? Even though we're not staying at a Monorail resort this time (our first time at Kidani) I hope they run them back. I know that was one of the biggest complaints people made on the surveys they provided.

Last year we stayed at the Poly and the ferry to TTC was running so we just took that and then walked the rest of the way. I also recall them having frozen bananas along with the ice cream. I forget what they had on them. Chocolate and peanuts maybe?

Last year we stayed at the Poly and the ferry to TTC was running so we just took that and then walked the rest of the way. I also recall them having frozen bananas along with the ice cream. I forget what they had on them. Chocolate and peanuts maybe?

Thanks. We were at Poly too but took the bus. In retrospect I should have taken the Ferry and walked from the TTC because the bus took forever. Trying to remember why I didn't... although it might have been because it was very cold and the thought of a warm bus (which I assumed would be quick) won out in my decision making! :rotfl:

We are going to DAH on 01/26. We also have reservations for the plaza HEA dessert party. With HEA at 8pm and DAH running 8pm - 11pm, am I wasting valuable time at DAH by doing both?

We are going to DAH on 01/26. We also have reservations for the plaza HEA dessert party. With HEA at 8pm and DAH running 8pm - 11pm, am I wasting valuable time at DAH by doing both?

Will you watch HEA anyway? If so, I think being able to rest at the dessert party and watch HEA from the Plaza instead of fighting for a nice viewing spot makes the party worth it. But if you would skip HEA and start riding while HEA is going on, then no, the party wouldn’t be worth it to me.

As to transportation: in February 2017 for DAH the only option to get to the TTC was the ferry. We had to wait a bit to get on the ferry (like one filled up and then we waited and got on the second one). It was still fairly quick though. In May 2016 my oldest and I were staying at CBR and it was the best ever...they had one bus for CBR. It was just us and another couple and they delivered us straight to our village.

I wouldn't worry about HEA or the party. Concentrate on DAH.

We are doing the party on 3/1 and also plan the Plaza HEA desert party, but DAH doesn't start until 9 PM. With a 8 PM start, I probably would not have chosen the party, especially if you will have another opportunity to see HEA.

We are doing the party on 3/1 and also plan the Plaza HEA desert party, but DAH doesn't start until 9 PM. With a 8 PM start, I probably would not have chosen the party, especially if you will have another opportunity to see HEA.
I'll see you there! That is my same plan, have a little rest at the dessert party before hitting DAH hard!

I'm doing DAH on the 30th and the HEA party at 8:00 (DAH starts at 8:00) but seeing the show is the highlight of my trip and the only day I will be at MK. I think if you were planning to see the fireworks anyway, it's a good idea so that you don't have to waste time holding a spot for the show. Hoping we can get in early to do some rides before DAH :)

Will you watch HEA anyway? If so, I think being able to rest at the dessert party and watch HEA from the Plaza instead of fighting for a nice viewing spot makes the party worth it. But if you would skip HEA and start riding while HEA is going on, then no, the party wouldn’t be worth it to me.

I wouldn't worry about HEA or the party. Concentrate on DAH.

Thanks for all the feedback. After much consideration, we decided to cancel the HEA dessert party and rescheduled it for the first night of our trip.

Just FYI, I just noticed via another post that MK hours for Sat 1/20, the day after the first DAH date, have changed to 8AM-12AM. Those are some pretty stout hours for Jan, compared to last year. Not sure what (if anything) is going on that weekend, but something to pay attention to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter