"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second this. We did get the Christmas party as the substitute after I asked for it. Babs1975, you should have received an email from guest services that has the name of the person who contacted you and a phone number, along with a case ID number. That’s where I would start.
Thank you. Do you happen to know what this would be under if searching my email? Walt Disney World Dining? I have looked and looked in my email and I can't find it!

Thanks to all for opinions on the EMM vs. DAH issue. True it would be a lot of MK in a row. We also have the Christmas Party that Sunday night so it would be 3 MK extras in a row. It is too much. I am thinking that I've just got to decide between EMM or DAH. Here are my options:

1. Sunday - Christmas party, Monday - add DAH at MK and drop Tuesday EMM at MK and entire MK park day. We need a day off and Monday was supposed to be it. So Tuesday would be day off.

2. Leave plans alone. Sunday - Christmas party, Monday - day off, Tuesday EMM at MK with full MK park day.

A couple things I'm wondering...would Christmas party one day going in a little early around 3, and DAH another day going in around 6 - give us time to do everything in MK? I'm getting rid of my full MK day if I add the DAH and I'm not sure how I feel about that!

Another odd wrinkle to this is that our MK EMM was actually comped as our original 11/25 date was canceled, so technically I wouldn't be losing money but not getting a refund either...but I could have accepted one of their other offers at the time which was free Christmas party or dessert party, etc so I am still losing that way. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get an alternate replacement at this point, but maybe I'll pose that question over on the EMM thread.

I swear this is the most complicated Disney trip I ever planned. So many changes and shifts!

Haha @Babs1975 - you have a lot of planning problems! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I don't know... I always tend to bite my tongue on itinerary advice as it's so personal and my outlook is skewed by APs/several trips a year. All I know is we've had a few trips this year and my two absolute most memorable nights were DAH in June and Sept. I'm all for things like MNSSHP/MVMCP and such... but with DAH being just pure, plain, simple MK, it totally appeals to me. Add low crowds and how much ground you can cover, it's a total winner.

It does sound like fitting in DAH would shift around an already well-planned scheduled though... so you're in a tough spot. Good luck!

Thanks to all for opinions on the EMM vs. DAH issue. True it would be a lot of MK in a row. We also have the Christmas Party that Sunday night so it would be 3 MK extras in a row. It is too much. I am thinking that I've just got to decide between EMM or DAH. Here are my options:

1. Sunday - Christmas party, Monday - add DAH at MK and drop Tuesday EMM at MK and entire MK park day. We need a day off and Monday was supposed to be it. So Tuesday would be day off.

2. Leave plans alone. Sunday - Christmas party, Monday - day off, Tuesday EMM at MK with full MK park day.

A couple things I'm wondering...would Christmas party one day going in a little early around 3, and DAH another day going in around 6 - give us time to do everything in MK? I'm getting rid of my full MK day if I add the DAH and I'm not sure how I feel about that!

Another odd wrinkle to this is that our MK EMM was actually comped as our original 11/25 date was canceled, so technically I wouldn't be losing money but not getting a refund either...but I could have accepted one of their other offers at the time which was free Christmas party or dessert party, etc so I am still losing that way. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get an alternate replacement at this point, but maybe I'll pose that question over on the EMM thread.

I swear this is the most complicated Disney trip I ever planned. So many changes and shifts!
Absolutely CALL, and in your very own, nicest princess voice you can muster, ask it they would be willing to have you transfer the $$$ from EMM to DAH and you pay the difference.
If a CM says no, thank him/her, hang up and call back. If you again "strike out" (which I seriously doubt will happen!) Ask again using your princess voice ask if you can speak to a manager. Don't say anything about the initial tickets being free.
I'm betting Disney with accommodate your request!
Good luck, and let us all know how it works out!

:offtopic:
So, y'all are talking about the possibility of an AK DAH. Did anyone hear any prospective dates?
Now for the "off topic" portion of my post...
I am REALLY wanting the FOLK dining package. I want it so bad for my Sweet sweet DGS. He would adore being able to parade with the acrobats! And not once, in our entire million trips to WDW, have we EVER been able to sit in that front row, where the children are able to get involved.
I am almost willing to pay an exhorbitant fee just for him to experience that!
Anyway, I'm checking constantly to see if pops up during our dates.

Mine came from “WDW Guest Services”. Hope you find it
Wow. Well, of course I can't find it. I don't delete a thing but it's just not there. So frustrating. Hoping it won't matter but I'm sure it would be helpful. I'm wondering if I even got one of those emails. I know I should have. But maybe with just transferring the EMM from one date to another? Hmmmm... Well, on my reservation it says "not held by credit card guarantee" or something like that so hopefully there's notes in there that someone can understand!

Haha @Babs1975 - you have a lot of planning problems! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I don't know... I always tend to bite my tongue on itinerary advice as it's so personal and my outlook is skewed by APs/several trips a year. All I know is we've had a few trips this year and my two absolute most memorable nights were DAH in June and Sept. I'm all for things like MNSSHP/MVMCP and such... but with DAH being just pure, plain, simple MK, it totally appeals to me. Add low crowds and how much ground you can cover, it's a total winner.

It does sound like fitting in DAH would shift around an already well-planned scheduled though... so you're in a tough spot. Good luck!
Oh I know...it's totally first world problems for sure! And whichever way I go, it will be great! There's no losing plan! I feel like I've got to make a quick decision though in the next day or two...we're sneaking up on 30 days from that DAH event and if I want a chance at any fp's at all, I better do it before 30 days out. What's the deal with fp's at DAH?

Wow. Well, of course I can't find it. I don't delete a thing but it's just not there. So frustrating. Hoping it won't matter but I'm sure it would be helpful. I'm wondering if I even got one of those emails. I know I should have. But maybe with just transferring the EMM from one date to another? Hmmmm... Well, on my reservation it says "not held by credit card guarantee" or something like that so hopefully there's notes in there that someone can understand!

Oh, that must be the difference - you just switched to another day whereas I switched to a new event. The email is a follow up to the phone conversation, recapping the refund, etc, with instructions to take the case number and photo ID to guest relations to get tickets for MVMCP.

Anyone have a guess when the summer dates will be released if they have DAH again? We will only have 3 or 4 nights at Disney this coming August and would love to go. I'm trying to guess on what day of the week it will be when we go. Anyone else want to help me guess lol? I know this past summer they were mostly on Saturdays with a couple Thursdays and a Monday. Now this winter they are Thursdays with a couple Mondays. Do you think they will switch them back to being on Saturdays during the summer?

Tell me about fp with DAH. Is it like the parties? Do I get fp with my DAH ticket? What time can I make the fp's for? I don't need a regular day's ticket to do this, right? And if I can make fp with DAH ticket, has there been any issues with Disney canceling them like some have had with the parties? Thanks!

really considering attending DAH on our upcoming trip next month... a few questions though - are there special items for sale at Main Street Bakery or is it just open? Same question with Casey's. Also are all the shops still open?

really considering attending DAH on our upcoming trip next month... a few questions though - are there special items for sale at Main Street Bakery or is it just open? Same question with Casey's. Also are all the shops still open?
No special items for sale. Most of the shops on Main Street stay open, but they will close the doors pretty promptly when DAH ends.

Tell me about fp with DAH. Is it like the parties? Do I get fp with my DAH ticket? What time can I make the fp's for? I don't need a regular day's ticket to do this, right? And if I can make fp with DAH ticket, has there been any issues with Disney canceling them like some have had with the parties? Thanks!
I have read that some have gotten the FP's with the DAH ticket, I'm not sure if they are still doing it or not. Maybe someone else can chime in.
No you don't have to have a regular park ticket but with the DAH ticket you can enter the park at 7:00 and some have posted they had gotten in earlier.

I have read that some have gotten the FP's with the DAH ticket, I'm not sure if they are still doing it or not. Maybe someone else can chime in.
No you don't have to have a regular park ticket but with the DAH ticket you can enter the park at 7:00 and some have posted they had gotten in earlier.
I booked all my regular days first, and then the DAH starting at 7 and was OK. Unfortunately Disney decided to change one of my FP to earlier, so then it used one of my regular park day tickets and I got an email that it was going to cancel my AK day because I was ove4 my ticket allotment. Even though I changed the FP back to later, it still says I am over my entitlements. Since I had 7DMT, I decided to cancel my Epcot FP and keep my party FP.

Basically if you do make the FP successfully, don’t make any changes or you could get the same email. This has been reporte$ with the MVMCP part6 tickets too.

And so, our journey comes to an end. But it continues on...

With 2019 fast approaching and a new series of DAH dates starting 11/26/2018, I felt it was time for a fresh start for the DAH thread.

Before we leave, I just wanted to take a moment to thank those that have contributed to the thread. It has been a wild year... through freezing DAH nights in the winter, to the surprise summer dates, and now even some coming up around the holidays.

It has been a pleasure to watch, track, and discuss Disney After Hours with all of you.

The all NEW Late 2018-2019 DAH thread can be found here: The New "Official" Late 2018-2019 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread

There's a new guest list and a reformatted first few posts to address a lot of the FAQs that tend to come up over time.

Let's keep the planning and event discussion rolling over there.

Thanks again everyone.

:thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter