"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I had to exit the park at the turnstiles and scan into the park with magic bands and fingerprints and then they gave us the lanyard.
We won't be in the park before so won't be affected but this just sounds crazy for those who are!!! Fingers crossed that they make arrangements/changes for this upcoming night.

Last year the ferries only went back to the TTC not the resorts .. it seems they haven’t improved ttransportation this year so your only Option is by bus-unless you get a Uber or cab from the ttc. Monorails won’t run after the event :(

Thanks! Disappointing that they haven't improved transportation this year. Uber from the TTC might be the way to go.

Thanks! Disappointing that they haven't improved transportation this year. Uber from the TTC might be the way to go.

Since you’re going to GF, this is how I’d approach it:

1) MK Ferry to the TTC, then walk to GF (a long but pleasant walk if your’re up for it, which could include a stop by Trader Sams along the way if you’re all adults and so inclined....).
2) Bus (will likely be shared with other MK resorts and I’d be mentally prepared for GF to possibly be last stop on the route).
3) Walk to CR and get an Uber/Lyft/Taxi.

Have a great time!

1) MK Ferry to the TTC, then walk to GF (a long but pleasant walk if your’re up for it, which could include a stop by Trader Sams along the way if you’re all adults and so inclined....).
2) Bus (will likely be shared with other MK resorts and I’d be mentally prepared for GF to possibly be last stop on the route).

I agree... The TTC to GF isn't a bad walk at all. And re: #2, on 1/19 they said GF was the 3rd stop (though being mentally prepared to be the last stop can make for a nice surprise/relief when it's not last). It was CR, then Poly, then GF, then WL, then FW. But unless they add to the number of busses, the real problem with the busses we encountered was waiting for them. The lines were crazy and the busses were packed to the gills.

Was it actually crowded on the March date or just more crowded than February?

Just more crowded than February. For example, in February we rode BTMRR 5 times in a row without getting off and could've continued to do so. In March, we had to get off each time and back on as there were people waiting for the cars each time.

We’re hoping to go on Friday but since we’re flying in that afternoon I’ll buy tickets day of, just in case something goes awry. (So don’t add me to the list of attendees yet.). Fingers crossed it doesn’t sell out...

Afterwards we’ll be heading back to the YC. Any guesses what time we’ll actually reach the hotel? It sounds like a chaotic mass exodus. We’ll uber instead of taking a bus if it will save a lot of time...

I went on 1/19/17 and had a great time!

I had a ticket for that day, so I entered about 2PM. It was so crowded, that I wish I would have waited to enter at a later time.

To get the lanyard, I had to go all the way to the entrance. I was hoping it would be like the MNNSHP, where there would be people in the park to give you a wrist band. I explained that to the CM and she said that I was not the only one who expressed that thought. Maybe they will change it in the future?

I heard the event was sold out, so I was nervous. There was no reason to be. The crowds were gone. The longest line I waited for was to get popcorn. 7Dwarves was practically a walk on at the beginning of the night and towards the end. Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan were all walk ons.

I enjoyed it very, very much and would recommend the event to anyone!

The only issue was getting back to the GF. As other posters mentioned above it was a pain. The bus took for ever to get there and then it shared with so many resorts. I wish I would have walked to the Contemporary and got a cab back to the GF. Instead I took the bus. Between waiting for one and the multiple stops, it took about 40min to get from MK to GF. Many guests were not happy about this.

Since you’re going to GF, this is how I’d approach it:

Have a great time!

Thank you! Sounds like a good game plan!

Did anyone go back to pop after dah?

I wasn't at this event, but I would bet the buses to the other resorts were fine, as they always send buses to the MK. I think what may have happened for this DAH was that the resorts that usually have other options all needed a bus.

I wasn't at this event, but I would bet the buses to the other resorts were fine, as they always send buses to the MK. I think what may have happened for this DAH was that the resorts that usually have other options all needed a bus.
Oh okay makes sense. Thanks! I’m wondering if pop and AoA will share for dah.

We’re hoping to go on Friday but since we’re flying in that afternoon I’ll buy tickets day of, just in case something goes awry. (So don’t add me to the list of attendees yet.). Fingers crossed it doesn’t sell out...

Afterwards we’ll be heading back to the YC. Any guesses what time we’ll actually reach the hotel? It sounds like a chaotic mass exodus. We’ll uber instead of taking a bus if it will save a lot of time...

We were staying at the YC friday and the bus had everyone from the Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club and it was packed. The first stop was at the Swan so we got off and walked across the bridge to the YC. We left the MK at 10:55 and we’re back in our room at around 11:40.

My memory of last year is that POR, POFQ, OKW and SSR shared a bus line - so there was more grouping than usual going on. (I had to stand all the way to the back of OKW, so it's a vivid memory.)
This was also the one thing that attendees noted the most in their post-event surveys, so here's to hoping it's changed for 2018. Especially since my DAH is a week from tonight.

we are going on Jan. 30. I wonder if the monorail might be open, because Epcot has EMH that night?

Very good point. From this week's Times Guide, the monorail is open until 12AM this Tuesday. Next Tuesday has the same MK and Epcot hours (and PM Epcot EMH), so that could very well be the same monorail schedule next Tuesday as well (you'll need to check the Times Guide to be sure).

Here's a link to the current Times Guide if helpful: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Hope that helps! :-)

My memory of last year is that POR, POFQ, OKW and SSR shared a bus line - so there was more grouping than usual going on. (I had to stand all the way to the back of OKW, so it's a vivid memory.)
This was also the one thing that attendees noted the most in their post-event surveys, so here's to hoping it's changed for 2018. Especially since my DAH is a week from tonight.

My bus route was shared with SEVEN resorts. Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk... maybe CBR... I don't recall all what else. I was at Pop.

ETA: This was Jan of 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter