******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Zealand, miles from anywhere! I think our flights were 7k or so for the three of us. That's just flights!

From South America here, >5000 miles away, family of 4 travelling economy USD 4 K in airfare, 10 days at Disney (POP, early September), with 5 park tickets plus 5 WP tickets with regular DP, another USD 5K.

So... come on Free Dining... show your cards! :P That would save us like 1.5K

I thought it was a quick service? This said it was but it could be wrong.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...e-polite-pig-in-disney-worlds-disney-springs/

If the table has a roll of paper towels on it and you have to go get your own condiments it better not be TS! lol. Looks yummy though.

I looked this morning and at that time the Disney site was saying it was not eligible for Dining Plans but I believe that's normal for new DS restaurants and they quickly switch over.

I'm sure the food will be delicious but our dining plan is full so for our family it would need to be a Quick Service credit or nothing, at least for this year's trip.

CLARIFYING: Just saw the post above mine and I like your answer much better than mine @WebmasterJackie !

Do you think if FD drops while we are there next Monday, we can add it to our fall trip at the front desk/concierge?
Don't really want to spend hours on the phone, while we are there for our weekend trip.

Do you think if FD drops while we are there next Monday, we can add it to our fall trip at the front desk/concierge?
Don't really want to spend hours on the phone, while we are there for our weekend trip.
I could be wrong on this point, but I don't believe that the front desk or concierge at the Disney resorts can do anything with a future trip booking. Even if you want to book a bounceback offer that they've left in your room packet, you still have to do so by phone.

You could also potentially modify your reservation online to add the free dining promotion, but based on reports here, it seems to be hit or miss whether or not you have a modify button.

This all assumes you are booking your own reservations and not going through a travel agent, of course.

This trip, the flights from BDL have been higher for me! But I'm keeping an eye on them. We're traveling the last week of Sept. Let me know if you come across any good fares :hyper2:

just got an email from SWA for flights through 11/1 and there are lots of $98 out there.

I am so excited we love BBQ. I look forward to trying a few more in small amount's to see how hot or spicy might be too much for me. Also that it is a QS meal is awesome. I have a few more in my head need to use with the dinning plan.

I could be wrong on this point, but I don't believe that the front desk or concierge at the Disney resorts can do anything with a future trip booking. Even if you want to book a bounceback offer that they've left in your room packet, you still have to do so by phone.

You could also potentially modify your reservation online to add the free dining promotion, but based on reports here, it seems to be hit or miss whether or not you have a modify button.

This all assumes you are booking your own reservations and not going through a travel agent, of course.
I booked it myself. I was thinking exactly what you are saying... sadly, if it does happen this coming Monday, I will be on my phone as I have never had any luck changing anything on my reservations online.
Thank you for the reply.

Oh interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind while we're hopping around then!
You are welcome. It definitely takes a bit of planning. Pay attention as to whether there is a party at MK at night too, for I imagine the express bus will not drive you into the park unless you have a ticket for that event. This is just a guess, but it makes sense. The best way to get accurate info is to ask the express bus drivers, they will def. know what's up with all that.

I booked it myself. I was thinking exactly what you are saying... sadly, if it does happen this coming Monday, I will be on my phone as I have never had any luck changing anything on my reservations online.
Thank you for the reply.
I still think the likelihood of it dropping the day after Easter are very low. That is not informed by anything other than my own opinion, but my money is still on April 24th. Hopefully it will work out so you don't have to spend hours out of your vacation on the phone trying to change another vacation. :-) Good luck!

Regarding Express Transportation: Wow...I do not understand the times she listed 10/40 0/30 etc. It's not even military time. Is it some kind of code...LOL! Not helpful without the code!

Regarding Express Transportation: Wow...I do not understand the times she listed 10/40 0/30 etc. It's not even military time. Is it some kind of code...LOL! Not helpful without the code![/QUOT
Think it means a bus leaves for a different park every 10 minutes. Like if you are at MK. Epcot bus would leave at :00 and :30. HS at :10 and :40. And AK at :20 and :50.

Im seeing many reports in other groups of free dining being announced on Monday the 17th. Anyone else hear this??

Regarding Express Transportation: Wow...I do not understand the times she listed 10/40 0/30 etc. It's not even military time. Is it some kind of code...LOL! Not helpful without the code!
Somebody made a helpful memory tip, rather than having to remember the whole list (I think it is in that thread but couldn't find it).
When she says 10/40, it means 10 minutes past the hour or 40 min past the hour (so 12:10 or 12:40); 20/50 would be 12:20 or 12:50; and 0/30 would be 12:00 or 12:30.

Here is the memory thing:
MK --- EP
AK --- HS

If you are going horizontally, it is 10/40. So MK to EP or HS to AK.
If you are going diagonally, it is 20/50 (MK to HS or EP to AK)
If you are going vertically it is 0/30 (MK to AK or EP to AS).

For vertical you can remember a clock has 0/30 at the top and bottom. For horizontal a clock has 15/45 across the middle. Then diagonal is left with 20/50.

It works the same in reverse (e.g. a bus leaving MK for EP leaves at the same time as another bus going from EP to MK).

(Edited a bit for clarity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter