"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will be at the Tuesday the 13th party next week. Wait times are scaring me for characters- as we have a long list of characters to see -but are ready to be in line for Jack and Sally by 4:30. Just to clarify- what other characters come out early and what time did they come out? Also, did anyone see a lot of characters and what was your strategy.? BTW - We are a family of me, DH, DS8, and DD3. Thanks everyone for help.

We're also on the 13th and I'd also like to know this!

My big ones I have to meet are Belle and Gaston (especially since going as Village Belle), Aladdin characters, Cruella, and 7D. Believe it or not I've never seen NBC so Jack and Sally meets aren't relevant to me!

That's a good point, I would assume (ouch) that if they start taking the shot before 7, anyone in the park would be able to get it. For what it is worth, we were looking for specific magic shots (poison apple, for example) and when asking about magic shots and what time they started we got a different answer from each person we spoke with.

Thanks! It sure would be handy to know what time it started at - with doing the dessert party I'm not sure when we'll get time to get it.

How was costume, well, enforcement for want of a better term?

Capes past waist-length on adults?
Long skirts on ladies, sans trains?

My skirt hits boot-tops, so I think it's within rules, but if they're being pedantic I might need to add some bustling.

My skirt hits boot-tops, so I think it's within rules, but if they're being pedantic I might need to add some bustling.

Not sure if it was my imagination, but DH and I both commented during the party that we saw a lot more people not in costume than we have in previous years. There were some wonderful outfits there though for those who did dress up for the party. We saw one cape that was waist length. I didn't notice anyone else in a cape.

If your skirt is not dragging on the ground, you'll be fine.

We found the party to be much more crowded than usual. We've done sold out parties before and they didn't feel quite as congested as this one did. I suspect that having BTMR and IASW down, the absence of the multi-stop treat trails (they used to have the walk through from Fantasyland Station to Tomorrowland and a much better one at Splash Mountain) forced the crowds into the same areas more than usual. We love the parties and really, this was the only drawback that made us hesitate when deciding on the value for money for the event. Maybe it's harder for us because we go to a few of them every year and it's hard not to compare. I just feel that the capacity cap for a hard ticket event has steadily been extended every year for some time now and there are nights when you really feel it.

We found it crowded as well but have never gone before so I can't compare it. We had fun dancing at the dance party for the beginning of the night - since we didn't want to wait on any long lines.

So the Creepa Crew/Party Patrol with Nick & Judy before the parade is 100% only on Main Street this year? Our last Halloween party was in 2014 and the Creepa Crew with Phineas and Ferb were definitely in Frontierland before the parade began... I thought they just walked the whole parade route, but guess not?? We prefer watching the parade from Frontierland, but I was hoping to catch a glimpse of the Zootopia characters. Bummer.

Not sure if it was my imagination, but DH and I both commented during the party that we saw a lot more people not in costume than we have in previous years. There were some wonderful outfits there though for those who did dress up for the party. We saw one cape that was waist length. I didn't notice anyone else in a cape.

If your skirt is not dragging on the ground, you'll be fine.

We purposely cut our DDs cape because of the restrictions (she was Snow White) but then when we were getting dressed I realized that my DHs cape on the Prince was below is waist. There was nothing I could do then so I said if they say anything we will pin it up or take it off. They didn't say anything. We saw many costumes were the cape was below the waist. As other people said - about 2/3 of the people weren't in costumes. It was fun dressing up.

Okay, I'm going to MNSSHP on September 23rd with my niece and cousin, and all of us collect Disney pins. I would love for us to be able to pick up a party pin or two (it doesn't have to be LE or anything like that) but I've heard that the pin line this past party was about three hours long! Can anyone confirm this? Was there a separate line for the LE pins or was it all grouped together? This will probably be our only chance to go to WDW for many years, so we want to spend as much time as possible in the parks, riding rides, having fun... not standing in line for pins.

Should I just not get my hopes up for them, or was the estimate an exaggeration?

We got in line for the pins around 5:45 and it was very short compared to later in the evening. Would have been way shorter but a couple came in with very detailed lists and bought 2 sets (2 transactions) of everything and ate up 1 register for over 30 minutes.

If pins are a priority go do it early and get it out of the way before the official start. YOu'll need to have a band or proof of party ticket (either linked to MDE or I had my actual printed ticket) before they will let you in the line.

I know it was posted on the app Friday that the dwarfs would start meeting at 6:15, but can anyone who was there confirm what time they actually came out? Just wondering since it listed Jack & Sally as staring at 6:30, but they came out at 5.....TIA!

not sure if this has been posted yet:
Cadaver Dans roaming Frontierland sets: 7:15pm,8pm, 9:15pm, 10:50pm
Madame Carlotta and Rinotta on the HM lawn sets: 7:15pm-10:15pm and 10:45pm-11:35pm
Zootopia Party Patrol on Main Street Sept 8:35pm and 11:20pm Oct. 8:20pm and 11:20pm

Cadaver Dans - yes
Madame Carlotta and Rinotta - yes, but not the times
Zootopia Party Patrol --- just as Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps in creepa crew before party on main street, so updated info & added times

All are now updated in Post 1. :woohoo:

Thanks so much!!!!! :worship:

Popcorn bucket for the poster who asked
30s9006.jpg
LOVE!!!!

About the leaving the character line and holding spots...usually people seem ok with it but it all depends. If one or two people join you, I won't really care. If 10 or more join you, you'll get some glares or eye rolls. I once was second in line for the Rapunzel/Flynn and Cinderella/Charming meets until 11 people joined the girl ahead of me.

Which brings up my next point...if you do leave the line and join back in, I'd plan to all take the picture together. I think you'd get the most vitriol if you have people join you in line, then everyone proceeds to get a picture alone with the characters.

I feel like it depends who gets in line to begin with! My family of 4 with two kids I'm going to have us all get in line for 7 dwarves early. Then one of us will leave with 1 kid ride somthing then come back. So all 4 of us are in line initially and when it's our turn it's still only 4 of us. I don't see anything wrong with this. My kids are 4 and 7 so over an hour wait would be hard. Now if someone gets in line and waits the whole time then all of a sudden 10 more join when it's their turn I think that's rude. But seeing a family ahead and knowing that amount is ahead then they come and go well then I don't care. But don't let me think there's a couple of you then bam your group grows 3x bigger.

I'm starting to stress about our first MNSSHP and I would like to have a party schedule in place before we arrive. I'm planning to arrive at 3:30, but our kids are 4 and 6, so we probably won't make it to the end.
Must do's: first parade, Hocus Pocus show, fireworks, dance party, ride Haunted Mansion, trick or treat trails, PP Halloween magic shots
Time Permitting: Meet Minnie and/or Mickey, pick up some pins and special party treats
Can anyone help with what order you would do everything and around what times? Is there anything on my list that can be done before the official party start at 7:00? We'll have grandparents with, so we're open to splitting up at times if it helps us get more done. Thank you!

I feel like it depends who gets in line to begin with! My family of 4 with two kids I'm going to have us all get in line for 7 dwarves early. Then one of us will leave with 1 kid ride somthing then come back. So all 4 of us are in line initially and when it's our turn it's still only 4 of us. I don't see anything wrong with this. My kids are 4 and 7 so over an hour wait would be hard. Now if someone gets in line and waits the whole time then all of a sudden 10 more join when it's their turn I think that's rude. But seeing a family ahead and knowing that amount is ahead then they come and go well then I don't care. But don't let me think there's a couple of you then bam your group grows 3x bigger.

I agree. Last year it was just me and my sister. (both adults) We got in line together and then later, she left to go on a ride and the restroom. When she got back, I left to go grab some cinnamon rolls and hit the restroom. But it was just always us; we weren't holding a line for 12 people or so. And when we would leave, out of respect for others, i would just mention to the people directly in front and in back that I was going to grab a bite and be right back. When she left the line there was no one behind us but when the people came up I politely said 'my sister is on a ride and going to the restroom. Don't want you thinking someone is cutting in line" and they were really sweet and said 'oh thanks for telling us. Not a problem" I think people will behave differently on this if you treat them with respect.

I'm starting to stress about our first MNSSHP and I would like to have a party schedule in place before we arrive. I'm planning to arrive at 3:30, but our kids are 4 and 6, so we probably won't make it to the end.
Must do's: first parade, Hocus Pocus show, fireworks, dance party, ride Haunted Mansion, trick or treat trails, PP Halloween magic shots
Time Permitting: Meet Minnie and/or Mickey, pick up some pins and special party treats
Can anyone help with what order you would do everything and around what times? Is there anything on my list that can be done before the official party start at 7:00? We'll have grandparents with, so we're open to splitting up at times if it helps us get more done. Thank you!

None of the party stuff can be done before the party starts, but you can get other stuff out of the way that would otherwise waste time after 7 pm.

Get the rides the little ones want to do out of the way first, before the party starts. Also, any time after 4 pm, go get your wrist bands and party maps and treat bags so you don't have to deal with that too near to 7 pm. If you need to get something to eat, do that so you are totally done with your meal before 7 pm.

For the Magic Shots they really are better when it's dark outside so the first little bit may not be ideal for the best effect. I don't know when your trip is, but right now it gets dark just before 8 pm and that will get earlier as the weeks move along.

I would probably start in Tomorrowland from 7 pm, get some candy (lines are often very long early in the evening and Friday night they were ridiculous at the start of the party). Maybe you and your DH or the grandparents can collect some candy for the kids while the other adults stay with then at the Monsters Inc dance party just along from Space Mountain. It is SO cute and they were so good with the little ones!

If you watch the first parade from the Hub you can watch the last Hocus Pocus show before it starts, while you hold your spots. As soon as the parade is over it's probably the best time to head through for your Photopass magic shots on Main Street. Then see what you can do before the fireworks start. It's not that hard to find a spot to view them just before they start because you can stand in the street in Main Street USA. I set up a tripod right in the middle of the street for photos and there was lots of space around me. Because they are up in the air it doesn't matter where you stand as your little ones will still be able to see the show.

If you can last past the fireworks, lines drop dramatically and a lot of people leave. If your kids can handle it, that may be the time to try meet Mickey. DD went (she's 14 so she was able to go alone) on Friday while we watched the parade and she walked up with nobody else there and then hopped straight across to Tinkerbell, also with no wait. We've done this many times at previous parties. Then if you can try get out of Main Street before the second parade comes through and do whatever you missed out, you could head back and out of the park before the last parade sends a mass of people to the exit. The second parade finished up along Main Street around 11.45 pm on Friday, if that gives you an idea of timing.

I know it was posted on the app Friday that the dwarfs would start meeting at 6:15, but can anyone who was there confirm what time they actually came out? Just wondering since it listed Jack & Sally as staring at 6:30, but they came out at 5.....TIA!

Wanting to know this too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter