Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

cewait

DIS Veteran
I always wanted to start a thread so I thought 51 weeks and counting was just about the correct timing.

This is great coach! I just ran the Goofy, and enjoyed the journey leading up to it, especially these threads. I can't commit to 2015 yet, but i'd love to follow along here. Now we know where to find you !

I'm in, and it will be my first marathon! I'm running at least two half marathons this year (maybe more) and really looking forward to the full. Thanks for starting the thread, Coach! :)

Thanks for the thread.

I'll be in. Hope they don't change the route because I'll be going for a Perfectly McFlurry #3. :thumbsup2

McFlurry John

Thanks for creating. I don't know if I will be there yet in 2015, but if I am I will be trying for Dopey!

Proof that I had a stronger marathon thus year...I actually noticed the McFlurry stop and didn't think the hill looked that bad...

I think the corner of McFlurry and Osceola has been there since year 3.

Thanks for creating. I don't know if I will be there yet in 2015, but if I am I will be trying for Dopey!

Proof that I had a stronger marathon thus year...I actually noticed the McFlurry stop and didn't think the hill looked that bad...

The going down is not too bad, but the coming back up after standing still in line makes things a little interesting.

I think the corner of McFlurry and Osceola has been there since year 3.

The exit was on the wrong side of the route in 2011 and 2012, my first and second marathons.

McFlurry John

We are tentatively planning to try for Goofy in 2015, so that would make Disney Marathon #3 for us. :cool1:

Planning for the half next year and my sister will do the full! We are already discussing where we want to stay. Never too early to start planning. :)

I saw someone on runDisney FB post that the 2015 marathon registrations opens in 5 days, on January 23rd. Is that correct?

I saw someone on runDisney FB post that the 2015 marathon registrations opens in 5 days, on January 23rd. Is that correct?

I think it's more like late March/early April.

Planning on Dopey for 2015, will be Disney marathon #3. :)

It seems like I am saying this every year for the last two years. But I really am planning it this year. With Tinkerbell moving to May I am pretty much circling the Marathon weekend dates and planning for a return trip this year. I am planning to make my first attempt at the marathon distance since my failed 2012 WDW Marathon. And with a lot going to changer personally before this race I think his will definitely be workable for me!

I made my first trip to Disney World for the Dopey Challenge this year and I am currently planning to return again for Dopey next year. I can't think of a better way to keep me motivated to keep running throughout the year.

I just completed Dopey and my second marathon. I swore it would be my last full, but after last weekend I decided I want to keep doing the full. I'm sure I will curse myself in Nov/Dec when winter training runs suck.

I am sure things will change between now and when its time to register this spring but right now I would say, I am going to just do the half.

After I finished the full I said it would be only 1/2s for me but now that I've digested all the race I'm back to improve on my full. And even more surprising I'm excited at the prospect

After I finished the full I said it would be only 1/2s for me but now that I've digested all the race I'm back to improve on my full. And even more surprising I'm excited at the prospect

This was my first full and during the last three miles, I was telling myself never again will I do a full. However, 24 hours later I had changed my mind. I learned some things during this that I know I can apply to future races that will definitely make my time better. So I am now weighing my options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter