• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2011 Wine & Dine Half and Relay Thread

leeshiebean

Mouseketeer
It's still months away, but why not get the discussion started early?

Registration opens February 14th, 2011. Who here plans to sign up?

I do! I do! For both the Half and the 5K. Going to see what (if any) incentives they are offering at the Princess expo.

We'll be there on our honeymoon and so rather than doing the full half, we're both going to do the relay. Although running a half marathon on our honeymoon would be something not many people can say that they've done!

I'm in! I'm booked with my room for DVC (currently AKL for the weekend, but waiting for my 7 month booking for BWV or BCV). I was thinking about asking DBF if he would register me as a Valentine's Day present. LOL!

Good morning,
I will also be there doing the 5k in the morning and the half at night. I just wonder how I will do running that late since 99% of my runs are done in the morning??? :scratchin
Diane

Thanks for starting the thread Alicia! Good luck deciding whether to do the relay or not. It would be cool to say you did a half on your honeymoon, and you could run the whole thing together. :)

I'm in for the half again, and MAYBE the 5k. I have to decide if I can handle getting up early and staying up late...and if I can nap at some point that day... We'll see.

I'm registering on Monday! :)

I am in! Already made my reservations at Port Orleans Riverside. I am also going to sneak over to Wizarding World of Harry Potter for a day.:thumbsup2 Can't wait!

I am in! The Inaugural was my first ever Half...walked it...did the WDW Half and took off abt 23 min off my time...looking forward to Wine and Dine..cause I will KNOW what to expect! LOL
Currently booked at SSR....but waiting to see what the host resorts are!!!! My hubby and DD's are coming this time....so I guess what was once my ladies F & W trip is no more! ha!

Thanks for starting the thread Alicia! Good luck deciding whether to do the relay or not. It would be cool to say you did a half on your honeymoon, and you could run the whole thing together. :)

I'm in for the half again, and MAYBE the 5k. I have to decide if I can handle getting up early and staying up late...and if I can nap at some point that day... We'll see.

Hi Liz! I talked to a few folks in Jan...and so many said how much fun the 5K was!! However, still dont know if I want to do both....I did read it was super crowded....hmmmm..my little one will be 5 and she is so excited to do "her own Disney race!"

We'll be there on our honeymoon and so rather than doing the full half, we're both going to do the relay. Although running a half marathon on our honeymoon would be something not many people can say that they've done!

Technically....you ARE running th Half....just sharing it....as a new couple:) I love the idea of what you are doing...fun!!!! You dont want to use up all your energy:rolleyes1:love::goodvibes

I did them both last year, and intend on doing both this year as well. Didn't push it in the morning, rested during the day (I think) and got to the start of the half waaaaaaaay too early. It was a very long day (and we stayed up until around 4:30 or 5 after the party and post-party party) but it was so worth it.

Is there a time when they update the site for registration?? Nothing yet...I have been checking all morning...in 2009 I thought it was around 11 am or something....Nov 16 ..I remember....then thought to myself...what did I just do?!?! LOL

Hi All Wine and Dine 2011 Half Marathon and Marathon runners,

I am planning on signing up and it is my first ever marathon, it has alway been on my Bucket list and so why not combine it with my most favorite place in the world and then after experiencing last years Food and Wine Festival (Yummy food and way more Yummy Drinks) it just seemed like a perfect oppurtunity. So, I am going to sign up. Today was my first day of "learning how to run", lol, and I am glad I am starting now. Wish me luck:cheer2:

Hi All Wine and Dine 2011 Half Marathon and Marathon runners,

I am planning on signing up and it is my first ever marathon, it has alway been on my Bucket list and so why not combine it with my most favorite place in the world and then after experiencing last years Food and Wine Festival (Yummy food and way more Yummy Drinks) it just seemed like a perfect oppurtunity. So, I am going to sign up. Today was my first day of "learning how to run", lol, and I am glad I am starting now. Wish me luck:cheer2:

Good luck. Be sure to save all the yummy drinks until AFTER the race.

Did anyone do this race last year and use a taxi to get back to their resort after the race? The resort we were hoping to stay at isn't a race resort and we are considering using a taxi after the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter