Offer Accepted at SSR :) Tell me why I will love it!

Chelle's Belles

Mouseketeer
I've talked myself into and out of literally EVERY DVC property over the past year that I've been pondering this decision. Finally pulled the trigger on a small contract at SSR last night (50 points)! Offer accepted right away. I figured I would start small and affordable, watch what happens with Riviera and potentially add on there or someplace else down the road.

So now I'd love to hear from SSR owners about why my teenage kids, my SO and I (who both play golf...) will love our soon-to-be home resort. TIA!

I would love to hear input on this from people with kids also. I heard they have great pool!

Congrats!!! I am also looking at a small contract, too. I think the fact it's close to Disney Springs has a HUGE advantage, which is the bus system that runs late!!! Cuts out that extra connection you'd otherwise have to make in order to get to another resort.

So happy for you!!!!

SSR - besides being in the bubble/staying on site

Multiple pools
Walking to Disney Springs.
Spa Services
Great Community Hall
QS & TS on site
Golf on site
Getting a reno/refurbishment now
Good deal on resales
The grounds are very pretty and all is walkable - don't be alarmed by it's size
Treehouses

Just to name a few for now :)

Good luck with ROFR!!

As you wrote that @Sdickenson, I am in the middle of watching this video of ALL the great pools! Not just one!!!

Wow! I watched a tour video and didn’t see half of those pools. Your kids are going to have a blast! I didn’t really look too much at this hotel since I have young kids and it didn’t seem like it was geared towards little kids, but they would love that. We took them to Disneyland late September and it has quickly turned into a small obsession in our home. 😂

I just stayed at Saratoga and loved it (and I didn't even have a refurbished room). It's quiet and peaceful. The grounds are lovely. I went to Disney Springs way more than I normally would have, which was great for food. And I loved the quiet pool in the grandstand section, there was hardly anyone there.

SSR is our home resort and another cool thing is it houses the current RIV DVC tour, so if you want to check that out before the real RIV opens it's right there.

Yay, yay, yay! Thank you all SO MUCH!! Honestly being able to walk to DS was a huge draw (along with the economic value and the truly stunning renovation.) At this point in our lives, we don't need a ton of theming and we really enjoy a more laid back atmosphere. I can't wait to start planning our next trip. Fingers crossed Disney doesn't want my contract ;) I didn't low-ball, so hopefully I will be OK.

I just stayed at Saratoga and loved it (and I didn't even have a refurbished room). It's quiet and peaceful. The grounds are lovely. I went to Disney Springs way more than I normally would have, which was great for food. And I loved the quiet pool in the grandstand section, there was hardly anyone there.
Yes, super excited about the food and shopping options at Disney Springs! Quiet pool sounds right up my alley, too!

SSR is a hidden gem that gets lots of guff because it’s big, the buses, no theme parks, etc. I’m glad to have you neighbor, but shhhh, don’t tell anyone else.

Hi welcome neighbor and congrats! We love it because it's so peaceful and serene and our daughter loves the paddock pool. We also enjoy the proximity to Disney Springs and all the great restaurant options there. I agree with Wakey, the refurb looks beautiful. We can't wait to stay in those newly refurbed rooms. Enjoy your ownership!

Why my wife and I ❤ SSR:
  1. It's quiet.
  2. Buildings are spread out, which means people are spread out. All others (sans OKW) are hotel style with a central hallway.
  3. You drive right up to your villa. No centralized parking trying to find a space then hiking to your room.
  4. Clay tennis courts (if you're into tennis).
  5. Proximity to DS, naturally.
  6. Reasonable point charts for standard.
  7. Anything but Carousel is really not that far.
Looking forward to staying in a refurbished room. Welcome Home!

Honestly, with a SO and teenaged kids, I could not get excited about a 50 point contract, if that was all the points I had.

SSR is a very nice resort, I really enjoy the Congress Park pool which has a delightful view of Disney Springs.

Honestly, with a SO and teenaged kids, I could not get excited about a 50 point contract, if that was all the points I had.
Awwww, but if it were my very first contract? Yes, I'd be absolutely giddy with delight and eager to play with my new toy. FWIW, my 2nd contract, owned for almost 15 years, is only 25 points and it still makes me smile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter