• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

off to Hilton Head

gmboy95

Go Patriots!!!!!
all right....I am off to HH for a quick three night stay over the weekend. The plan is to play some golf and to do my Taxes (yes, I know this is strange, but i need to do my taxes in a complete state of relaxation or else someone could get hurt):D

Could anyone who has been down at this time of year give me any feedback on some things to do?....it would be greatly appreciated.

We were at Hilton Head in December (weather was probably comparable) and even though we didn't do a whole lot, there are some things I'm looking forward to experiencing (for the first time or doing again) like:

the campfire (complete with toasting s'mores and a singalong)
renting a bike and taking a ride on the bike trails
sitting on my porch rocking in a rocker
dolphin cruise
walking on the beach
watching the DVC channel over and over again (okay wrong thread :D )
playing pool or checkers in Big Murgy's Den with a roaring fire going in the fireplace
Dining: we loved the Hilton Head Diner, Fuddruckers, Scott's Fish Market and the chicken fingers from the counter service stand
and lastly grocery shopping at Piggly Wiggly's (I just like the name)

I hope my list gives you some things to consider. You can also call the resort and have them fax you the list of activities for the week. That's what we did and it was helpful to have an idea of what we could expect when we arrived. Have a great trip and enjoy preparing those taxes!:rolleyes:

Lisa

WE're also going down on the weekend from Charleston. This will be our second time. WE're bringing friends this time. It looks like it will be too cold to enjoy the pool - but we're looking forward to sitting on the porch looking at the marsh (hopefully) and eating at the Santa FE Cafe.

Hope you have a great time!

Kristen

Kristen, Looks like a bunch of Dis'er will be there this weekend. We are also bringing guests (my twin sister and her 2 children). We are also meeting another Dis'er from Charleston, Teri and her husband Rick (TLuvs2Talk). We have only "meet" on the boards! I do hope it warms up a bit. The kids will swim in the (heated) pools no matter what the weather! But I am hoping for it to be nice enough to sit in the Hot Tub for a while!
We are doing the "Private Affair" Friday night. I had DHHIR send me this weeks "events" and they are having a "President's Day Bar-B-Que on Sat. night.
Have a wonderful time!

If you get boored, you can go to my website and print out the clues to find the treasure.

I have had no report of anyone finding the DVC HHI treasure.

:)

I printed out the clues and the kids are looking forward to hunting for the treasure! We will be at HH in a few hours. I will post the results of our hunt on Monday night! Thanks Tommy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter