OFF THE RAILS #009

tshaw_32uk

Earning My Ears
Today ive been out on a mega walk in the sun with my dog, whilst listening to the newest episode of 'Off the Rails'. In this episode Craig (creg?) was hosting a discussion of which of the 4 Disney parks are you most likely to skip on your next visit to WDW. So if you were on a solo trip for 3 days, 1 park per day, which 1 would miss out??

For me its Hollywood Studios. Although this park has some classic attractions and shows what i love, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, The Muppets, i have zero interest in Star Wars and i feel this park is heavily focussed on this now. This IP seems to be all over this park with obviously galaxys edge the main land but still has Star Tours and launch bay and the street shows in the other parts of the park.

For me the park lacks atmosphere like you find in the world showcase at Epcot or the different lands in AK. I would however say it does have in my opinion the best nightime show in Fantasmic.

Definately not a full day park for me so these are my reasons to miss out on Hollywood studios. What park would you miss out on and why?

Yeah, HS is frequently classed as a half-day park. I get a park hopper ticket and don't usually spend a whole day at HS - or any park probably; I've not kept a record :confused3 . The boats and monorail (and buses at a pinch) are all part of the experience. (Not been since the Skyliner opened, but chuck that in too.)

I'd be torn between skipping HS or Animal Kingdom I think. MK and Epcot would be certainties.

But then I'd never go for just three days. 12 is more like it :cheer2:

If I had a park hopper then I would do 1/2 day MK and 1/2 day Hollywood Studios. If I didn't I'd miss Magic Kingdom I think - I know people will shoot me for that! Because I've been there so much and in reality there aren't that many rides I actually do. Yes I love the feel of MK but I honestly think a few hours and I'm done. I do love Star Wars so Hollywood Studios I can definitely find a full day out of.

If I had a park hopper then I would do 1/2 day MK and 1/2 day Hollywood Studios. If I didn't I'd miss Magic Kingdom I think - I know people will shoot me for that! Because I've been there so much and in reality there aren't that many rides I actually do. Yes I love the feel of MK but I honestly think a few hours and I'm done. I do love Star Wars so Hollywood Studios I can definitely find a full day out of.

I'm the same and would pick mk 😮 it's a tough choice but I just love mk for the castle and that Disney feel 💕 there is nothing specific in the park I'm ever desperate to ride or eat. If there had still been a night time parade at mk I probably would have skipped animal kingdom.

For me it's between MK and AK. I haven't been on Flight of Passage yet, so if I was guaranteed to be able to ride that I'd choose AK. I love MK but there's nothing new there so I'd be happy to miss it for once!

It would have been HS but I went recently and it is a strong contender! Slinky Dog and the Railway are drawing me in!

EPCOT for me. I'm just not into shopping and I don't go to Disney for food.
I remember enjoying wonders of life pavilion and communicore gadgets many moons ago but now I think I could happily pass on any of the few rides there if I had to skip a park. I don't find there's much to do there compared with the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter