Off Site Reort Help!!!!!

firemouse

Earning My Ears
Hey all, I have a new question and some of you have helped already. I want thank the poster for the best of list, very good info. Here is my problem/Question, I have a web site that I get Codo's and such through. The site is www.getravelop.com , it is for public service employees (fire, ems and police...) I get the condo for $264.00 for the week and do not have to set through and time share sale. It is run through RCI and its network of timeshares. Here is the question I have 13 available condo's right now ( only a few meet my needs though) and we are going in Oct (15-22), which one is the best? The worst? How far away is too far? Here are my choices and their locations: Florida Vacation Villas @ Kissimmee, Lifetime of Vacations at Grand Lake @ Kissimmee, Alhambra at Poinciana @ Poinciana, Largo Vista at Buenaventura Lakes @ Kissimmee, Villas at Fortune Place @Kissimmee and Club Sevilla @ Kissimmee ( heard bad things about this one already). I also see Summer Bay sometimes. These change every few days and I wonder if I should wait and see if something better comes up or should I take what is available now? Any thoughts from the seasoned WDW folks. This is our first family trip and I want it to be great. I'd love to stay on site at WDW, but that isn't an option this year. Thanks!!!
Eric

firemouse said:
Hey all, I have a new question and some of you have helped already. I want thank the poster for the best of list, very good info. Here is my problem/Question, I have a web site that I get Codo's and such through. The site is www.getravelop.com , it is for public service employees (fire, ems and police...) I get the condo for $264.00 for the week and do not have to set through and time share sale. It is run through RCI and its network of timeshares. Here is the question I have 13 available condo's right now ( only a few meet my needs though) and we are going in Oct (15-22), which one is the best? The worst? How far away is too far? Here are my choices and their locations: Florida Vacation Villas @ Kissimmee, Lifetime of Vacations at Grand Lake @ Kissimmee, Alhambra at Poinciana @ Poinciana, Largo Vista at Buenaventura Lakes @ Kissimmee, Villas at Fortune Place @Kissimmee and Club Sevilla @ Kissimmee ( heard bad things about this one already). I also see Summer Bay sometimes. These change every few days and I wonder if I should wait and see if something better comes up or should I take what is available now? Any thoughts from the seasoned WDW folks. This is our first family trip and I want it to be great. I'd love to stay on site at WDW, but that isn't an option this year. Thanks!!!
Eric

The only one I know much about is Florida Vacation Villas because my friends bought a timeshare (now they wish they wouldn't have done it) there. There was a mess up with their reservations in Ireland (I guess with RCI or something) so they decided to go to Orlando to their "home resort" and were given an upgrade to the newer section. They liked it but seemed to wonder if they would have liked it if they would have been put in the other section (which is the section they have actually bought). All in all things worked out ok.

I see all of these timeshares on Skyauction (Ready,Set,Go auctions). The auctions usually go for $50 then you have $210 in fees .........so they can be easily gotten for $260, and that's open for anyone, so I'm not sure about how much of a bargain it is.

Now Summer Bay I've heard lots of good about .........the only downside is that it is further away from WDW, but that doesn't bother some knowing that their accomodations are better.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

try putting those resorts in www.tripadvisor.com They have tons of reviews from real people about all kinds of resorts. It is one of the first places I check about a hotel Good luck!!

i'm going oct 22- oct 29 and those are also some of the resort that are avail thru my uncle's timeshare. we're looking for a 2 br and closet to WDW.

0776-Florida Vacation Villas @ Kissimmee 7.29
http://www.flavacvilla.com/
no washer/dryer in units

0851-Lifetime of Vacations at Grand Lake @ Kissimmee 4.00
http://www.dailymanagementresorts.com/lifetime.htm
older units - might have been a condo before it became a timeshare?
pretty close to WDW

1496-Alhambra at Poinciana @ Poinciana 7.30
http://www.vac-club.com/vac-club/alhambra.htm
further away than the others

3026-Largo Vista at Buenaventura Lakes @ Kissimmee 5.79
http://www.dailymanagementresorts.com/lifetime.htm
recently updated alot of it. this is still an older place and about 20 minutes from WDW

3654-Villas at Fortune Place @Kissimmee 7.65
http://www.dailymanagementresorts.com/fortune.htm
units are a nice size - but far from the action. I bet these people never learned of the short cut to WDW from their place.

5169-Club Sevilla @ Kissimmee 7.43
http://www.clubsevilla.com/
no recent reviews

for more reviews and pretty good information go directly to RCI reviews

www.rcicommunity.com

the number at the end is the tug ratings of out 10.

the number in front is the RCI number - you can look it up with that number. under each (that I could find) are their websites.

Thank you Spiceycat for your work on the sites. I have actually visited the sites for what they had to offer,but I am looking also for DIS members trhat have actually stayed there. I value the opinions here more than I do one a site that is run by that company. I have not seen the rating numbers that you have posted. Very nice. That is the thing I like about here, you all are great help. I hope I can be of help some day soon. Thank you soooo much.

Eric

the only one I have even seem is the Lifetime Vacation it is on US 192 west - between the turn off for black lake and sherbert road.

it doesn't look great or even nice. but I think some people were expecting more in the way of OL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter