off-site hotel?

disang

Mouseketeer
We have never been to DL before ( go every year to WDW) and would like to stay at a hotel off-site.
We are going with grandparents which will make us a total of 7 (4 adults, 3 kids). We are looking for a moderately priced hotel that would have a nice pool. My children are 6, 4, and 1. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've stayed at the Howard Johnson and Best Western Park Place Inn, both of which I really like. (I think HoJo has the better pool of the 2, but I never checked out BWPPI's pool.)

I've also heard really good things about Desert Inn and Suites, which might be a good option given your large party. Prices are supposed to be very reasonable too.

For a group your size I would recomend the desert inn and suites, it is where we stay if we have a large group and have enjoyed it. You should look into the Family Parlor Suite.
As a matter of fact we'll be staying there in Sept. http://www.anaheimdesertinn.com/

we went in december and are going again this december and are staying at fairfield inn..its a GREAT hotel!!! i mean pretty cheap and less than 10 minutes you will be in DL!!! dont have to deal with buses or monorails..and you can see the monorail and space mtn. from the hotel parking lot.

i think the page is
www.anaheimfairfieldinn.com

Try using Priceline. Both times that we have used it for Anaheim, we've been very happy with our hotels. We chose a 3 star hotel for $40 dollars a night and one time we got West Coast Anaheim (we loved the pool) and the other time we got Hilton Inn and Suites.
Good luck in your hotel search!

:pinkbounc ~Joy~:pinkbounc

This hotel isn't directly across the street from DL but is about 5 miles away in Buena Park. It's actually a block or two from Knotts Berry Farm. It's called InnSuites Hotel and Suites Buena Park. We got a 2 bedroom executive suite with a kichenette, 2 queen beds and a full size pull out sofa for a weekly rate of $299. HOWEVER.....you have to call the corporate headquarters to get this rate. You can't get it directly through the hotel. The room normally goes for $100 a night and we got it for $43. I'm really excited to stay there. They've got a heated pool and a shuttle to Disney. They also have complimentary breakfast buffet, social hour and a wednesday night managers BBQ. And a big plus for us is a kids playground!! Here's their website if you want to check them out. http://www.innsuites.com/buenapark/default.asp

Good Luck!!

Frommer's rated the Sheraton Anaheim as a good choice. We got a concierge rate for $139. This will include continental breakfast, afternoon and evening appetizers.

Just got back. We stayed at Desert Inn & Suites. I will post a review in the next few days. Sounds like it will be good for your large family.

My daughter and I just stayed there last week and loved it. It's just a hop, skip and a jump (5 min walk) from DCA/DL. They also have a shuttle that leaves every 1/2 hour. I used Marriott Reward points, so my room was free, but the website has standard rooms (which is what we had) at $69. per night. It was big with 2 double beds and a pull-out love seat (big enough for 2 small children). It also had a small refridgerator. We asked for a "view of everything" and , boy did we get it. Our room was on the 9th floor and we could see the Matterhorn, SpM, and the top of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Not to mention a spectacular view of DCA, especially after dark. We were not there on a night that there was fireworks, but I'm sure they could have been viewed easily from the room. There is a family style restaurant on the property and a McDonalds adjoining that delivers to your room. The staff was friendly and helpful and the place was spotless. I would highly recommend it. This will be our new DL hotel.

:p
KarenT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter