October weather

trekker93

DIS Veteran
We're planning to go down this October and I'm not sure what type of weather is typical for that time of year. Is it in the 80's most of the time? How rainey is it?
Thanks for any help! :)

Can be hot or cool. You never know.

we had shorts weather when we went last October. I don't recall exact temperature, but we used the pool at night if that helps. We are going again in October, I can't wait. I believe there were alot of people in the area who had fled the hurricane the previous week.

We were there in Oct./04' (28th-Nov5th). From what I remember it was VERY warm :sunny: (but a few locals did say that this was an unusual heat wave for that time of year) but, generally Oct. is perfect weather for WDW touring (not too hot, far from cool, and very little rain to worry about).

I think it's a great time to go! :thumbsup2

We were at WDW last October (Oct 8 to 13) and the weather was quite warm during the day. There were few days where we had mid-day showers but nothing that lastest very long. Evenings were pleasant- not too cool.

We are returning this coming October and wouldn't contemplate going any other time of year!

I am glad to know that October is a good time of year to go. So far, we have been to Disney in January and June. January is too iffy with weather, and June was hot and crowded. I plan to take my kids out of school for a day or two around their fall break next year(2007). It is like the 23rd or 24th of the month. I really want to experience the Halloween party and the lower crowds. Thanks for all the info!!! :sunny:

http://www.***************.com/ticker/user_tickers/8072006185830.gif http://www.***************.com/ticker/user_tickers/8072006185830.gif.png

My husband and I were there from October 28 til Nov 4 last year. It was great. Nice tempts, sometimes I needed long sleves at night. Low crowds also. It was less crowed then when we went the first of Dec. I know this can change from year to year though.

October was a great time to visit WDW. The weather was warm and we wore shorts almost everyday. I think we were there Oct 8-19. The crowds weren't bad at all. I would love to go back this October but we are expecting our first baby so we are going in March 2007 and then we hope to get back to every October after that. I think you will enjoy going in October. Have a great time!!

LBelle said:
We were there in Oct./04' (28th-Nov5th). From what I remember it was VERY warm :sunny: (but a few locals did say that this was an unusual heat wave for that time of year) ...

I was there a few weeks prior to you - October 16-23, 2004 - and I agree, VERY hot and humid. I was also told by CMs and locals, it was unusual. I had planned that trip, too, because I'd been told by CMs during my previous trip in September '99 that October was a great time, weather- and crowd-wise.

We did WDW in Oct 2000 for our honeymoon and LOVED it! The weather was just what our cold Wisconsin bones needed! The rain was minimal. I remember standing in line for Test Track and it started drizzling. By the time we got off the ride the sun was out and it was beautiful - no puddles or wet areas in sight. If I have my way we will never go any other month! We did February in 2004 and it was nice...but it wasn't October! :teeth:

We always go in October and it's always been pretty darn hot! Not July hot, but hot nonetheless. Most of our trips we've experienced temps in the 80's with a decent amount of humidity...sometimes temps in the high 70's, never below that during the day. The last time or two, there was a little more rain than usual but still not much. The years before that we had almost NO rain whatsoever. We love to go in October as the temps are a little milder(did I mention it's still HOT? :teeth: ) and the Food and Wine Fest is going on. Also, the crowds are little milder but it's beginning to get a bit more crowded that time of year. Still very tolerable though....have a good time! We'll be there the 21st-28th!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter