October Waitlist! Come through or Still Waiting?

TravelingJen24

DVC Member
I am on a waitlist for Oct. 10-17 for a 2-bedroom and was curious who else out there is playing the waiting game? Have you been relieved, or given up? Let us know, we're dying to know. ::yes:: ::yes::

Still waiting to see if a 2br opens up at VWL 10/28-11/01.

If dominos would fall into place I can help others on the waitlist. I have a two bedroom and a studio for Oct 15-19 and on the waitlist for a Grand Villa to replace these. Last time I talked to them the Grand Villa was available for the first two nights but not the rest - that's no surpise.

Still waiting on a two bedroom standard view at BWV (I have preferred) for 10/16-10/24.

Erika

I got my waitlist to come through for OKW for Oct 10th a week or so ago for a 1 BR. We're going from Oct 9 -14th. But then I found out that VWL had two of those days 12-14th open for a 1BR so I took those and am waitlisted for the other 3 nights. Well one night just came through, the 11th at VWL and now I'm waiting on the other two. I'm thinking probably we'll just end up at OKW for two nights and then switch halfway through, but I still have 31 days and the next few days are the cuttoff for cancellations, etc, so wish me luck! :)

Fingers crossed that we can reschedule our Labor Day trip to Oct 14 - 18. Our first choice is a BWV 1BR, but we'll take anything.

If the wait list doesn't come through for us, we won't make our first trip home until summer 2006.

Kelley
:(

Still waiting on a studio at BWV for 6 & 7th Oct.

We have a standard view at the moment but have requested a boardwalk preferred view, so at least if we don't get it we are still in the resort we want to be in which is a bonus.

Anyone else called MS yesterday or today. Tried to confirm the request at the 31 day window but the message states that MS is closed until thursday as they are trying to deal with immediate accommodation problems for people affected by Frances...what a nightmare for everyone affected by the storm.

Fingers crossed that Ivan by-passes florida.

Alba

We had a cruise chartered out from under us, resulting in a change to a different cruise and a switch in our BWV reservation. I DID have a Boardwalk view 2 bedroom for our dates. Now have a preferred view only for October 28-November 1st.

MS did put us on the priority waitlist, which is supposed to mean the very first Boardwalk view 2 bedroom that opens up on those dates is ours, but so far no luck. I'm hoping at that 31 day window some magic will happen!

We were on the waitlist for October 24, 25, and 26th for a studio at BCV to complete a seven night stay ending on October 31. We stayed on the waitlist (day by day) for about two weeks and it cleared about three weeks ago. Yeah! We start our glorious nine-night stay with a two night try at Pop Century on October 22 (at $38 per night, who can resist?) and end on Halloween at home at BCV.

You never know what will turn up...I did call on a regular basis to check on the waitlist and MS never seemed to mind.

I am on the WL for any location 2BR Oct 7-11. Currently have a 1BR at BWV that would become available.

Only part of our wait list came through so since we were at the 31 day mark, we changed to OKW since that was available for all of our nights. We will not change our travel plans October again as long as I can help it!!!

I had a 1 BR for the 24-30 at BWV and let it go back last week, Currently have a studio preferred view from the 25 -31 except for that wed which is wait listed, here's hoping for some magic for that date, sure don't want to be moving around

I have had a BWV Std view studio waitlist since the 10 month mark for some guests (who have a Pfd pool/garden view currently). It's an 8 night stay and we've gotten the last 3 nights Std view, but Hallowe'en night has remained stubbornly unavailable and it's right in the middle of their stay :(.

Now I noted with interest that the remaining Std view nights we are seeking were available for rent on the Rent/Trade board! :mad: I wise-cracked that I'd send the OP $10 to cancel the ressie so the rest of my waitlist could come thru, but I shouldn't have (under board rules) and my inappropriate reply was justifiably removed. We won't be making that mistake again :guilty:. I'm still hoping these friends can get the Std view for the whole time so they don't have to move midway thru their trip, but I am not holding out much hope.

Looks like Brer Rabbit is in the same timespan as we are. So If we end up with the Std view, we'd be releasing the Pfd view for our rabbit friends perhaps.
:D

TravelingJen24 - the rooms I have for Oct 15-19 are at OKW and on the wait list trying to change for a GV for OKW.

Still waitlisted for our Oct stay....

I am fighting the urge to call MS, giving them time to settle back in after Frances...

We're waitlisted for a studio anywhere Oct 14-18, so far no luck, so still waiting. Have AKL AP rate as a backup.:D

Still on the wait list for a 2 bed lock off at BCV for 9 nights commencing Oct 6th.

Our home resort is OKW and we have been waitlisted since our 7 month booking window .:sunny:

Still waiting for Oct 20 & 21 in a one bedroom at OKW. It has been a couple weeks and still have not heard anything..:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter