October W.I.S.H. Challenge - Being Our Best Selves

I was having eczema caused by the low thyroid function, so I've got a cupboard full of lotions, ointments etc... none of them were working (I even tried my CBD lotion, thinking maybe it would calm it down). Monday night it felt like the inside of my body was also itchy! So I didn't take the herbs yesterday and already today it's better.

I am glad it is better. Nothing has ever worked for either until this one soap. I know how that itching can feel. It is horrible. When I was in college it was really bad and I would call home to my mom and cry because it itched so bad it was hurting.

We went to Costco today and although I looked at them longingly, I did NOT buy their amazing pumpkin pie or pumpkin muffins. I did stop at the farm stand on the way home and bought a huge bag of apples-so I have applesauce cooking in the crockpot right now. So that’s my woohoos :)

My back is slightly better. Well much better then yesterday morning. Still taking advil every 4 hours. I even set alarms last night to get and take it. I just need to make sure I can walk around the zoo tonight. Today is also my Friday and I am going back to the zoo tomorrow with my mom, kids and my niece. My sister is out of town this weekend and my mom is watching my niece so we were thinking and things to do. I have zoo pass with my mom so it is free for all of us to go and it should be nice. Saturday my mom is taking her to see Addams family since DD has soccer and then hanging out with her friends at our city's harvest festival. My niece is not always the nicest and does not do well in groups. All attention has to be on her or she gets mad so my mom and decided this would not be good for her and DD to do. Sunday we are going with the girls to the Congress (a big state/national horse show) for the day. It is about 2 hours away. My niece decided last year that she wanted to go even though she does nothing with horses. We will see how this goes especially when we go though the shopping and I get DD a new helmet for riding (hers is too small) and my niece won't be getting anything. It is all riding stuff so nothing really for her. It should still be a great weekend. with nice weather.

Oh, it's thankful Thursday isn't it. Hmmmm... I'll be thankful that things are going so well for my Niece and her husband. I think I've mentioned that they both got jobs in Port Townsend: his starts first, end of this month then she'll be working part time at her current museum and part time at her new museum starting in December thru the end of the year. They wanted to buy a house, but the market there is really hot in their price range and they kept missing out... lots of things up to juggle, but it's all come together perfectly - they just got a lovely little house right in the area they wanted to be in. It's inspiring to see them work thru it all and to see what is possible.

I'm currently thinking I'll work for two more years, and to make a big move like they are at that time. It all feels a bit scary and overwhelming, but I'm starting to actually plan it all out... 2020 I'm going to focus on sorting thru all my stuff and clearing things out, I need to dig myself out from under all the stuff that has accumulated in the basement and garage. And I need to stop acquiring things and reduce my spending so I'm socking more $$$ away.

Image result for friday

Good morning its free for all Friday .... How has your week gone? Are you happy with your progress this week? and most importantly .... Do you have wonderful weekend plans?

Yesterday was world mental health day - make sure you do something that adds to your wellbeing this weekend. Hmmm kind of timely for me this week :-)

View attachment 442947

A friend recently shared this on her Facebook account-thought I would share with all of you.
Well, I forgot to post for Thankful Thursday. But I am thankful that you shared this! I actually got goosebumps as I read it. I think I previously mentioned that my husband hasn't been working fully due to a work-related injury. And I have really been stressing about finances. But we are definitely OK. It just means we have to cut back a little in some areas. But still thankful I can pay my bills! Also thankful for workman's comp. And thankful that I am able to work and help provide for my family. I've also been stressing about my seasonal allergies. I finally made an appointment to go for allergy testing...but not until early November. But I'm still a fairly healthy person. And I'm thankful that I have easy access to capable doctors and good insurance to cover the majority of the cost. Really, so much to be thankful for...my job, my family, my overall health, my home, my friends, and the luxuries that I have that many do not!

Good morning its free for all Friday .... How has your week gone? Are you happy with your progress this week? and most importantly .... Do you have wonderful weekend plans?
I have not been eating too well. I really need to work on that. I do okay until after dinner. We have been eating dinner early and then rushing off to baseball or field hockey games or practices. So I'm usually hungry again after that and don't have that in my food plan for the week. So I've been grabbing junk. I have also been a little moody this week (female issues 😉) so that's been leading to junky comfort foods...chocolate, ice cream, etc. So I think for next week, I need to have a plan for an after dinner snack or get stronger at holding myself to no eating after 8pm.
For the weekend, we don't really have any big plans. Tonight I'm going out to dinner with friends for a late birthday celebration. Tomorrow, since we don't have plans, I'm hoping to finally get out the fall decorations and do a little decorating. I'm always happy to have a relaxing weekend with minimal plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts