October or December?

CalSea12

Desperately needs a dose of the magic!
We were all set to go back to the World in October until my DH decided to throw a wrench at me :headache:
he just had to ask me if I would rather go in December and stay a few extra days. It will be me, DH, DD7 and DD4

So which would you choose?

October 19-27 ( 7 days)
December 21-1 (10 days)

So I have been over Christmas but not all the way through New Years. I can say once you get to Christmas Eve, the parks will be packed through the end of the year. Personally, I prefer thanksgiving over Christmas now due to the crowds, but still being able to see the holiday decorations.

Are you ready for two hour waits to get on the rides you don't have FP+ ?

Same deal with me. We have a 5 day trip booked.- last week of Oct and 1st week of Dec.

Some thoughts.
Last year we went in November and weather was really cool. I’m assuming October is be much hooter.
If we go in Oct, we get MNSSHP, last Nov we did the MVMCP.
I’m assuming in Oct the parks will be much quieter than early December?

100% October, unless going over Christmas and NYE is a real bucket list for you. As DisneyWishes14 said, you'll get more done in the 7 days during October than you would over Christmas. I would only go over Christmas if it was important for you to be in the park on that day.

I'll be the odd man out here and say December. I LOVE Disney at xmastime. Yes it may be more crowded, but its always crowded anymore. You will have to do LOTS of planning and figure out which park on which day (probably avoid MK on xmas itself). If you get your FPs planned out and ready to make them at 60 days it will make a huge difference. Plan your meals at off busy times. We don't worry too much about food. There is so much to choose from, even without ADRs. I know people will think this is nuts, but unless there is somewhere you HAVE to eat, its not a big deal. If you want BOG or other popular ones, you may already lose out for Oct because its past the 180 days mark.
And oh, I'd choose a 10 day trip over 7 anytime :)

Same deal with me. We have a 5 day trip booked.- last week of Oct and 1st week of Dec.

Some thoughts.
Last year we went in November and weather was really cool. I’m assuming October is be much hooter.
If we go in Oct, we get MNSSHP, last Nov we did the MVMCP.
I’m assuming in Oct the parks will be much quieter than early December?
Parks quieter in Oct than early Dec???? Not really with all the Halloween parties and F&W going on.

I say December. Yes it will be insanely crowded, it is the busiest time of the year. But if you go in with a plan it is manageable. Make sure to make ADRs for meals so you have a place to sit and rest and get away from the crowds. Quick service can have insane lines. The lines for rides will be long. I would make three fast passes and if you’re able to make more throughout the day go with that over standing in a long line. Plan down time from the parks. Also make sure to get there early to beat crowds for rides.

What hotel are you planning on staying at? When it’s really crowded it’s good to avoid being on the road. So if you stay at one of the Magic Kingdom or Epcot resorts that’ll help. I think the new gondolas will be open then so one of those hotels would be good to stay at as well. Especially on Christmas Day and NYE try to avoid being on the road.

The Christmas decorations are beautiful and if you go in mentally prepared for crowds they are easier to handle.

If your young children wouldn't be able to tell you they need to go to the bathroom until they need to go to the bathroom, they might be out of luck during Christmas week because the lines get long at the bathrooms and you probably will have to wait in line to go to the bathroom. Don't bother with counter service meals because the lines will be awful there as well and finding a table to sit at could be as bad. At least with a TS restaurant, you'll have an ADR and an approximate time of when you will be dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter