October 29, 2022 - HotHS - Disney Fantasy - 8 night Eastern Caribbean

MFrancisco

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

I am new to the boards and discussion here. My wife, child, and myself are going on our first Disney cruise together on this sailing! What better way to kick it off than to go on an 8-night adventure during Halloween!! I cruised on the Wonder a long time ago in 2003, but I didn’t have a family then and a lot has changed over the years.

As I continue my research, I am trying to stay away from Halloween spoilers, but trying to learn about cruising on DCL now. I have come across decorating ideas (magnets and such) and have heard of this idea called fish extenders. Pretty cool story when I looked it up. Is this something still very common around the ship? What do we do to take part?

I am open to all ideas to make this awesome lengthy cruise that much more fun and look forward to meeting people and other families while on board.

-Marcus

Hello Marcus.

I'm glad to see that somebody finally opened this thread. I was worried that we may be the only ones on the cruise ship lol. It will be my wife and myself on the cruise and it will be our 8th Disney cruise, 2nd on the Fantasy. After this we will have done 2 on each of the ships. It's our first Halloween cruise as well and we are really excited about it. We had one booked in 2016 but it was cancelled due to the hurricane that year. Hopefully we have better luck this time around.

DH and I have hopped onboard to celebrate Halloween with Mickey. Can't believe how quiet this roll call is? All our past cruises have had more active roll calls. Maybe we'll have the ship to ourselves. We booked OVT - so should be interesting to see where we end up. Haven't cruised with Mickey since 2018 - so looking forward to the day at Castaway Cay.

Hi Everyone! After rescheduling our cruise twice because of the pandemic we are so excited to cruise agin in just a few weeks! We haven't been on the Fantasy for 7 years and it will be my son's very first cruise!

Hi everyone. Just found the board for the Oct 29 Fantasy cruise. Wife, adult son and I will be sailing. Just received our final "clear to sail" this evening and excited to board a week from Saturday. No email, cellphone, voicemail for 8 nights and lots of Mickey bars and shrimp. This will be our third Disney cruise this year with the Dream at the end of February and Wish last month. The Wish last month put us in Platinum for this cruise. We're not dressing up for Halloween but looking forward to all the interesting costumes others will be wearing. Looking forward to seeing everyone on board.

Welcome - we received luggage tags today - so the cruise is getting very real. We are not dressing up either but looking forward to all the Halloween decorations / activities.

Hello mates! Myself and DW will be joining you in just a few days. Our DD and her fiance will also be sailing with us in their own stateroom. Massively looking forward to this vacation after CV19 cancellations, etc. Our last sailing was in 2018 on the Fantasy as well.

I had forgotten about luggage tags until a previous poster mentioned receiving them. We haven't. Have others received theirs?

Hello mates! Myself and DW will be joining you in just a few days. Our DD and her fiance will also be sailing with us in their own stateroom. Massively looking forward to this vacation after CV19 cancellations, etc. Our last sailing was in 2018 on the Fantasy as well.

I had forgotten about luggage tags until a previous poster mentioned receiving them. We haven't. Have others received theirs?
I haven't yet, but on the facebook group for the sailing I've seen some people have already.

I haven't yet, but on the facebook group for the sailing I've seen some people have already.
Thanks for that information. I guess we'll just have to wait, but it does seem awful close to when many of us plan to leave home for travel and possible before cruise WDW stays. We are staying at BWV a few days prior to sailing and plan to visit the DVC Halloween Meet & Treat at Atlantic Dance that Friday before sailing. Looking forward to it all!

I think it might depend where you live. We are in Canada. Would be interesting to know where the other folks whom have received theirs live.
I saw some info about DVC Halloween Meet & Treat - looks cool. Unfortunately, we are not DVC members. Doing MK on Friday.

We haven’t gotten ours yet, but hopefully will see them when we check the mail tomorrow. We head south either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. Looking forward to finally being back on Fantasy. We’ve had the same reservation number for six years and five different dates, so we are glad it’s finally happening.

No luggage tags yet but hopefully we'll see our tags early next week. We had our luggage tags for our Wish cruise last month about 2 weeks before the cruise date and only booked 3 weeks before leaving. I believe they can make luggage tags at the terminal as well. If you're visiting any of the parks before or after the cruise, make sure you have park reservations thru the MyDisney app. You won't get in without them.

Thanks - we made our park reservation immediately after purchasing our tickets - good to go. 1 week today we are on the Ship!!

Getting so excited. Last DIsney cruise was WBPC in 2018 and last Disney Park was Tokyo in SEP 2019. Way too long without Disney - darn Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter