October 24th 2021 - 6-Night Disney Magic HotHigh Seas between New York and Canada (maybe?)

DisneyConvert

Terrific Tourer
Starting this thread, because while I doubt Canada will be open to cruise passengers by October, I am optimistic that by then, the Disney Magic will be back in the States and going between the US and . . . some other non-US places.

FWIW, the CCay window from October 26th - 28th is partially available based on:
a) The Wonder moving to the Pacific (Baja trips from San Diego)
b) The Fantasy chartered by TCM and mostly in the Western Caribbean until October 29th
c) The Dream is in Nassau on Oct 26th and CCay on Oct 27th.

So, and this is just me "dreaming" . . .
Oct 24th - depart from NYC
Oct 25th - day at Sea
Oct 26th - CCay . . . maybe?
Oct 27th - Nassau or anywhere
Oct 28th - CCay . . . again. Why not?!
Oct 29th - Day at Sea
Oct 30th - arrive/disembark at NYC

It's 1,100 nautical miles from Manhattan to Castaway Cay, and the Magic can do 24 knots, so it would be a stretch.
5pm . . . 7am arrival is 38 hours. => 900 nautical miles.
Maybe not, darn.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that they can keep this sailing as well, even if they have to change the itinerary. Port Canaveral/Castaway Cay may be an option, or keep it New England with the Bar Harbor, Maine that we already have, maybe Boston is an option and throw in another day at sea.

Since we live in Florida, we really wouldn’t be interested in flying to NYC for a cruise that just comes back to the Bahamas, CC, or PC for a WDW day. Would be perfectly happy with other New England ports if Canada’s not available, though. We always try to book this cruise to get a taste of fall on DCL.

I am betting 2~3 days at King's (or Heritage) Wharf at the Dockyards in Bermuda.
The Magic can get there in 1 1/2 days (that is 1 day at sea in either direction), so they could theoretically do 3 days there, but they won't.
Not sure if Bermuda if the Magic will fit as,
  • RCL's "Freedom of the Seas" will be there Oct 25-26th, then
  • Norw's "Breakaway" will be there Oct 27-29th.
Both 5,000 passenger ships, but I believe the two Wharf's can hold two ships.
Still, the potential for crowds at the Dockyards, and the Bermuda infrastructure (busses & ferries) is there, depending on actual passenger levels on the ships.

And there actually is enough to do in Bermuda for a 2-day docking.
We did a DCL cruise between NYC to/from Bermuda in 2019, and it was quite nice
There was a mid-sized older RCL ship sharing the wharf (and a smaller Viking ship in Hamilton).

Things to remember:
a) weather in Bermuda in October is FANTASTIC. short'ish days, but warm water
b) North Atlantic can be rough in October as it's the tail end of hurricane season
c) Bermuda is very nice (safe, upscale, polite, well-dressed) but/and also expensive.

Meh. I understand that Bermuda might appeal to some, but we spent a couple of weeks there awhile back, and while we had an enjoyable time we have no interest in returning. We booked this cruise for autumn in the Northeast. Either New England or Canada would be fine, but hopefully they’ll figure out what they’re going to do soon so that we can decide whether to keep the reservation (if the cruise even sails at all).

Now I have more juggling to do with my 2022 vacation calendar... first world problems, for sure! Glad they published a decision so we can move on. Happy future sailing to all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter