October 2022! Disney/MNSHP/Universal

Coraprincess3

Earning My Ears
My family is so pumped for our disney trip!

This is my first trip report but we have been to disney multiple times, which I am so grateful for. Disney gets me through life sometimes and our favorite memories are from our disney vacations.

Who's going:
Me (disney crazy)
husband (marvel crazy)
daughter, 5 year old: she loves princesses, super heros specifically thor lol, roller coasters and tower of terror (she is tall for her age and when she was 4 she rode TOT and Mt. Everest) which may be strange to be proud of but I am lol because I'm too chicken to ride those.

When:
Friday Oct 21st thru Sunday Oct 30th. Just in time to be home for Halloween

Where:
This is a Universal/Disney trip. We love Harry Potter and my Hb and I have been to universal before so we would like to share it with my daughter. I cant wait for her to do all the spells.
So we are staying at Endless summer Dockside inn at universal (first for us) Oct 21-25 and disney pop century Oct 25-30th (which also new for us). I have only ever stayed at values (AoA and AS movies). I am frugal lol, my husband says it's a curse but I don't like spending billions of dollars. Plus I like to do 2 vacations a year and budget wise I make that happen by booking values. It works for us.

Have a great day today! I will prob continue to post throughout the day. I hope this pre trip report helps me better plan everything out.

Flights:
We usually only fly southwest when we go to flordia because of the free bags and I have a sw credit card. Also I just love Southwest. Idk if they do this on other airlines (or at least when I traveled on different airlines, this did not happen) but sometimes when the plane lands the voice of mickey mouse comes on the pa and talks about going to disney world and its so special. It does make me sad though for the people not going to disney. Our flight going to mco has two stops 😑 buttttt it's ok because coming home is direct and I would fly a million hours just to get to disney, going home though is another story. One of the stops we stay on the plane so that should be hopefully quick and easy. We arrive at mco at around 1ish and then will probably uber or lyft to universal hotel. Going home 😭 we will probably do the same. I looked into sunshine flyer and mears but seems meh and I think I will save money by using uber.

Tickets:
Universal: I bought tickets during the promo where you buy 3 get 2 for free. So we technically have five day tickets but we’re only going to universal for 3 maybe 4 days. And they are park-to-park tickets because you can only ride hogwarts express if you have “park hopper” tickets and last year we did not buy them. I think my daughter is going to love it!

Mickeys not so scary Halloween party: So excited, we have never been and are looking forward to it!

Disney: We have 4 day park hopper tickets. I love park hopping, I believe it’s the way to maximize Disney.

Hotel:
Endless Summer Dockside inn, 2 bed room, 4 nights. A two bedroom wasn’t a lot of more money compared to a regular room so got that, plus we can have some privacy from a crazy 5 year old (hopefully lol).

Pop Century, preferred room, 5 nights. I wanted us to be close to the skyliner because my family loves it and is our favorite method of transportation.

Last edited:
BUDGET! dun dun dun 😬🤧
like I said above I try to save money and I love reading about people’s budgets and what things cost.
So whenever I think about how much I wanna spend on vacation I always try to be below $5,000. When I type that it hurts, because 🤬🤬🤬 $5,000 is a lot of fricken money. But anyways I have added up all of this vacation and it’s looking like $7,700+ 🤯🤬🤮. Everyone always says to me why pick Disney, you can go on vacation somewhere else for half. BUT Disney is different, as I’m sure you know. Also going to Universal did not help keep the budge low.

So the way I budget for vacations is I put away $180 a week into a savings account that is strictly for vacation, I have done this for years and it works great for my family. By the end of the year I should have put in $ 9,000+. I also never spend more then what’s currently in the savings account. We do not go, if a vacation has to be put on a credit card. I want it all paid for by the start of the trip.

Heres the breakdown:
dockside inn- $846
pop century- $1,308
universal tickets- $1,008
disney tickets- $1,809
MNSHP- $497
flights- $ 1,609
ride share $no clue
merch $no clue
………………………total so far $7,077

def way over budget because that doesn’t even include food/drinks which I know will be over $700 (usually spend $700-1,000 on food).

I do the Disney gift card method. Buy them at target and get 5% off using target red card. I usually use these gift cards for food and souvenirs.

Food:
My favorite part! I value the food more then the atmosphere. Which is sometimes hard at disney because there are alot of really cool restaurants but the food is kind of meh. Our past trips some have been focused on food (adults only trips) and some more focused on giving my daughter what she would love to experience. This trip is more going to be convenience (but the food has to be yummy), sprinkled in with some of my favorite table service restaurants. Our favorite restaurant is the boathouse at disney springs. I will not eat sea food but still i am obsessed. I love the wedge salad, the filet sliders, the burgers and the key lime pie. UGH SO GOOD! My favorite quick service menu item isn't at disney currently. The buffalo chicken tator tots from friars nook. Why did they take these of the menu. I love buffalo sauce so these were heaven for me. I hope they come back!
20210425_145338.jpg
20210425_152158.jpg
Also Cowfish at Universals CityWalk. They have burger sushi, can I say more
20210429_123420.jpg
My mouth is watering...

Table service restaurants that we plan on going to:
Universal- Cowfish, Confisco Grill, Mythos
Disney- Boathouse, Topolinos (either dinner or breakfast, not sure yet)

Quick service:
Universal- the leaky cauldron, central park crepes, green eggs and ham
Disney- ronto Roasters, Casey's corner, Sleepy hollow, saltuli canteen, les hales patisserie, woodys lunch box

And ofcourse eat during food and wine. I will be rolling on to the plane to go back home.

Last edited:
Mickeys not so scary Halloween Party! Oct 25th!

We have never done a Disney party before so we’re pretty excited! I hope it is worth it because the price...wow. My daughter loves hocus pocus so I know she will be so happy. Tricker treating probably won’t be our main objection and we may just do one treat stop. We don’t eat a lot of candy and I hate chocolate (shocker I know lol). Well I only like white chocolate and if I see white chocolate anything then I will be turning that stroller around (if we bring a stroller). Will see! We will though be trying all the other yummy festive treats they have.

I picked that party date because it’s a Tuesday so hopefully less busy.....that prob won’t be the case! Also it’s our day in the trip we switch to PopCentury resort. We do not plan on entering another park that day so I thought it was a perfect choice to go to the party that night. The plan should be to checkout of universal hotel, get an Uber to Pop century, drop luggage off at bell hop or if our room is ready (I know very unlikely) and then take a Disney bus to go to Disney springs. At Disney springs I want to get lunch at the boathouse and then return back to the hotel. We then can change into our costumes and head over to magic kingdom and enter the park at 4pm (the earliest time you can enter the party). I want to see and do it all, parade, fireworks, character experiences and of course the rides.

Our costumes: inside out!
me- be disgust, honestly it’s sometimes fitting! but I love broccoli so at least I have that going on
hubby- anger, he’s kinda the complete opposite of anger but I think the outfit would look cool
daughter- joy, mostly because it fits and my daughter is at that weird stage where she only wants to wear dresses so I had to think of a costume that is a dress but maybe not so much a princess.
I think this will turn out great and I’ll link our costumes down below in a bit.

thanks for reading

:)

My costume:
I know the colors aren't perfect butttt I wanted a dress that I would love to wear any day.
20220630_143137_0000.png
Also I think I will just put those flats in my bag and pull them out for pictures because my feet will be hurting if I wear those all night.

Last edited:

Short post but look at these cute ears I just bought my self! Super excited to get these in the mail. Hopefully there not too heavy.
Screenshot_20220704-201928_Chrome.jpg

BUDGET! dun dun dun 😬🤧
like I said above I try to save money and I love reading about people’s budgets and what things cost.
So whenever I think about how much I wanna spend on vacation I always try to be below $5,000. When I type that it hurts, because 🤬🤬🤬 $5,000 is a lot of fricken money. But anyways I have added up all of this vacation and it’s looking like $7,700+ 🤯🤬🤮. Everyone always says to me why pick Disney, you can go on vacation somewhere else for half. BUT Disney is different, as I’m sure you know. Also going to Universal did not help keep the budge low.

So the way I budget for vacations is I put away $180 a week into a savings account that is strictly for vacation, I have done this for years and it works great for my family. By the end of the year I should have put in $ 9,000+. I also never spend more then what’s currently in the savings account. We do not go, if a vacation has to be put on a credit card. I want it all paid for by the start of the trip.

Heres the breakdown:
dockside inn- $846
pop century- $1,308
universal tickets- $1,008
disney tickets- $1,809
MNSHP- $497
flights- $ 1,609
ride share $no clue
merch $no clue
………………………total so far $7,077

def way over budget because that doesn’t even include food/drinks which I know will be over $700 (usually spend $700-1,000 on food).

I do the Disney gift card method. Buy them at target and get 5% off using target red card. I usually use these gift cards for food and souvenirs.
Hi, I am not from United States but will be visiting Target our arrival day to buy some snacks to take to the park. Can we buy the Red Card there? How does it work? I've seen it in Target's web page but I do not have a delivery address in the States so I will have to buy it in the shop.

Our dates overlap almost exactly with yours- different hotels we’re leaving Sat rather than but that’s it - we’re even doing the hotel switch from Uni to Disney on the same day as you, though J think we’re targeting Thurs rather than Tues for MNSSHP. Have a great trip!

Hi, I am not from United States but will be visiting Target our arrival day to buy some snacks to take to the park. Can we buy the Red Card there? How does it work? I've seen it in Target's web page but I do not have a delivery address in the States so I will have to buy it in the shop.
Hey :)
The red card is targets promotional card, you can either sign up for there debit or credit card. No buying necessary. You can sign up for it at the register. I used to actually work at target 5 billion years ago and back then if you were to sign up for the red card at the register, you would get 5% off on those very purchases. So assuming you could get 5% off on disney giftcards the day you are visiting. 5% off may not seem like alot but I buy giftcards throughout the year, usually in $100 increments but save $5 with the 5% off.
Safe travels to the US!

Our dates overlap almost exactly with yours- different hotels we’re leaving Sat rather than but that’s it - we’re even doing the hotel switch from Uni to Disney on the same day as you, though J think we’re targeting Thurs rather than Tues for MNSSHP. Have a great trip!
Haha that's funny. I love going in the end of October. Hopefully we are the only two with those plans. Crossing my fingers on low crowds (a girl can dream lol).

Hey :)
The red card is targets promotional card, you can either sign up for there debit or credit card. No buying necessary. You can sign up for it at the register. I used to actually work at target 5 billion years ago and back then if you were to sign up for the red card at the register, you would get 5% off on those very purchases. So assuming you could get 5% off on disney giftcards the day you are visiting. 5% off may not seem like alot but I buy giftcards throughout the year, usually in $100 increments but save $5 with the 5% off.
Safe travels to the US!
Thanks for your help and detailed information!! I will first check the web page and if I cannot sign up, I will do it in the store as you suggested. :)

I asked for the RedCard Target Debit card but I think you have to live in the United States. Maybe I can ask for it in the store.

Heyy guys!

Super excited, summer is flying by and soon it will be October!! I have made our park reservations and have a pretty good outline on where we are going each day. Can't wait to make our dining reservations, hopefully it all goes well.

Friday Oct 21st: Arrival day!! Uber to universal hotel, drop our crap off and head to dinner at Cowfish. After we can maybe go into islands of adventure for a ride or two or go back to the hotel and swim.

Saturday 22nd: we will have early park admission to universal studios and then later on in the day ride the hogwarts express to islands of adventure. Lunch will be at the Leaky Cauldron and dinner at Confisco Grill

Sunday 23rd: early park admission to universal studios and later on in the day go to islands of adventure again. Breakfast at Today Cafe and Mythos for dinner

Monday 24th: islands of adventure and then universal studios in the afternoon. Breakfast at Cinnabon, lunch at Green eggs Cafe and dinner at Central Park Crepes

Tuesday 25th: uber to pop century! Drop luggage off and then head to disney springs for lunch at The Boathouse (my favorite). Then head to Magic Kingdom for the Halloween party!!!! Dinner prob at caseys

Wednesday 26th: Rope drop HS then Epcot for the night. Rontos Roasters for lunch, ogas for drinks, eat around the world dinner in epcot

Thursday 27th: MK rope drop, AK for the night. Lunch at Sleepy hallow, dinner at saltuli canteen

Friday 28th: Rope drop Epcot, HS at night. Breakfast at les hals patisserie, ronto Roasters for lunch (my fave) and woodys lunchbox for dinner

Saturday 29th: Rope drop AK, disney springs brunch at Homecomin, MK for fireworks. All the coconut softserve I can eat.

Sunday 30th: go home crying....no seriously. MAYBE Topolinos for breakfast. Will see

Side note. Also I'm really hoping magic kingdom brings back buffalo chicken tator tots from friars nook. I would trade anything for those. I cant remember if I have talked about them or not but dang they are so good........lol yep just looked already mentioned them but they deserve double credit lol so imma leave that right here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter