October 2019?

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
So, to my Disney friends out there - DD (20) has asked me to source some flight prices etc so she and her boyfriend (23) can go to Florida in October.
Apparently I've made her a 'flight snob' so anyone got any stories about alternative airlines (we tend to fly Virgin although I know that's not cheapest option) and how good/bad they are?
Would you think DIY or a package might be best for them?
Pricing it up doesn't seem much of a difference to be honest - although maybe I'm not looking in the best places :fish:
I've suggested I Drive or LBV as Eve won't be quite 21 and the cost of a car will be silly. :thanks:

Where are they flying from? Norwegian have a good reputation flying out of Gatwick.
Have they thought about flying indirect? Icelandair has some good prices with a stop in Rekykavik.
Thomas Cook will be cheaper than Virgin and does the job in getting from A to B.
A lot would depend on which/where hotels they wanted to stay and what tickets they wanted when they were in Orlando. Do they want to do both Disney and Universal?

We are in South Yorkshire so Gatwick is pretty costly to get to/from.
Saying that it will depend on the savings :lovestruc
DD is happy to fly indirect as we've done it together a few times - her boyfriend is a little less confident as he's only been abroad a couple of times :daisy:

Yes, they want to do both Universal and Disney.
We've looked at Attraction Tickets Direct for tickets and they'll probably go for the 14 day for 7 WDW ticket and the 3 park Universal tickets.
DBF is a new 'WDW convert' having just been to DLP, under duress, and finding that he loves it so he is keen to stay onsite for a few nights pixiedust:
I think they're thinking ID for the rest of the trip.
:flower1:

If looking at Manchester I'd probably price Thomas Cook for direct flights and Icelandair for indirect.

We have APs now but I always used attraction tickets direct in the past and found them to be good for prices.

They may get a good price for room only by using the USA site rather than Disney UK although there doesn't seem to be any offers for October due to the opening of Star Wars.

We use Aer Lingus often and we like the pre clearance in Dublin for American immigration and customs. Usually price wise we’ve found them to be cheaper than virgin. Ok so not direct flights but they’ve been consistently good service and on time if not early arrivals
Depending on which airports that they can easily fly from you might find the prices are a bit different.
We always do DIY trips as we find it easier for us to be flexible with plans etc.
I second attraction tickets we used them for our Kennedy Space centre trip and they were by far the cheapest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter