October 2017 Discount and code watch

are we sure there will even be room discounts?

i have been trying to help a friend book and it looks like Disney is pretty close to capacity for October as it is

seems off that they would release discounts if they can fill rooms at standard pricing

Last time we went the week of Columbus Day (2014, I think), we paid rack rate for PO-Riverside. A discount never did appear. This year we are booked at CBR with the $75/night gift card. The mid-late October is becoming a popular time and discounts don't seem very frequent. We had better luck getting a discount on June (free dining with a bounceback) last year than October at any time.

The reservation system is down today. I am hoping they are doing an "enhancement" and loading promos! One can dream, right? That's what Wishes told me!

are we sure there will even be room discounts?
i have been trying to help a friend book and it looks like Disney is pretty close to capacity for October as it is
seems off that they would release discounts if they can fill rooms at standard pricing

There's no guarantee but they have always offered "Late Fall" Room Only Discounts. Here's MouseSavers historical information:
https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

You need to keep in mind so many people have already pre-booked at least one or two rooms, preventing us from gaining access to bigger discounts let alone immediate availability. Once the Late offer drops it will be hard to secure our rooms and you might have to keep trying. I went through this last year, it was about two weeks after the release I was able to secure my reservation. I noticed many availability of other rooms but not for my resort. Why people do this I'll never understand.

There's no guarantee but they have always offered "Late Fall" Room Only Discounts. Here's MouseSavers historical information:
https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

You need to keep in mind so many people have already pre-booked at least one or two rooms, preventing us from gaining access to bigger discounts let alone immediate availability. Once the Late offer drops it will be hard to secure our rooms and you might have to keep trying. I went through this last year, it was about two weeks after the release I was able to secure my reservation. I noticed many availability of other rooms but not for my resort. Why people do this I'll never understand.
I remember last year the October promo was already out in April! I agree 100%, stalk the site! As you mentioned, people book multiple and those rooms come back into inventory! It is quite puzzling. I currently have round-trip flights booked, dining booked (some pre-paid), and tickets ready to go, but no resort. It does help that I am looking for GF and it is almost always open under promos due to its price. I'd rather have to upgrade a view or to CL on a discount than pay full price for standard!

I remember last year the October promo was already out in April! I agree 100%, stalk the site! As you mentioned, people book multiple and those rooms come back into inventory! It is quite puzzling. I currently have round-trip flights booked, dining booked (some pre-paid), and tickets ready to go, but no resort. It does help that I am looking for GF and it is almost always open under promos due to its price. I'd rather have to upgrade a view or to CL on a discount than pay full price for standard!
I agree! I refuse to pay rack rate when I can take advantage of a discount... we are flexible, so we will change our dates to accomdate the RO discounts if they ever come out for late fall!! We plan on going end October/Nov, we even have all of our ADR's, but we will push our dates back to get a good RO discount!

Subscribing as well... mid-October trip currently booked. We're kind of locked in regardless of whether we get a discount or not, but really hoping for one. Would help out a lot with dining.

@Purple Opal - I think there are already some type of discounts available if you're going end of September through early October (might be the Disney Dining package). I thought I saw that current promo is through October 7th, I think.

Thanks Reuben! I've current got the FD/tix at the Polynesian for half of the trip. I'm keeping my eyes open for any and all discounts (especially room only) during our trip. Yesterday I received a new promo from Disney Visa (another room/tix/dining promo) but the dates don't line up with our trip unfortunately...

HEADS UP: AP Discounts are now open for Sept. 1 through Oct 7 - must call

Original Source News Round Up: Post 7627

UPDATE:
"Passholder Enchanted Escape Offer" good through 10/7/17.

Last edited:
I wish they'd release general public RO discounts through the end of October. I thought in the past they released those before AP discounts. I have a trip booked end of Aug/beginning of Sept right now with a good discount but would love to move it to late Oct as the weather is likely to be better.

I wish they'd release general public RO discounts through the end of October. I thought in the past they released those before AP discounts. I have a trip booked end of Aug/beginning of Sept right now with a good discount but would love to move it to late Oct as the weather is likely to be better.

Nope. It's AP, FL residents, General public - Mousesavers link Historical WDW discounts:

Thanks Reuben! I've current got the FD/tix at the Polynesian for half of the trip. I'm keeping my eyes open for any and all discounts (especially room only) during our trip. Yesterday I received a new promo from Disney Visa (another room/tix/dining promo) but the dates don't line up with our trip unfortunately...

What was the offer? I didn't get anything and don't see anything on the DRV site either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter