October 20, 2013 Magic First time Disney cruise

taylor3297

DIS Veteran
Well I never thought I would be posting on the cruise board, but here I am. After days of begging, I have given in and changed our September 2013 WDW trip to an October 2013 cruise.

I really don't like cruises, but going to do it once for the family. I have booked us cabin 8534 for the 5 night Bahama cruise on the Magic.

If anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciated.

I guess we are the only ones going on this cruise.

You may not be the only one, but you will be the first one. If I am not mistaken, this is the Magic's first cruise after MAJOR dry dock and a trip over the pond. It is also, if I am remembering correctly, the only Magic Double Dip of the season.

I am currently scheduled for this one as well, but being 15 months out, I have not really even considered much about it.

You may not be the only one, but you will be the first one. If I am not mistaken, this is the Magic's first cruise after MAJOR dry dock and a trip over the pond. It is also, if I am remembering correctly, the only Magic Double Dip of the season.

I am currently scheduled for this one as well, but being 15 months out, I have not really even considered much about it.

What is Magic Double Dip?

We booked a 1 bedroom suite on deck 8. I hope this is a good location.

At the top of this forum you will see a red bar there is lots of info here is a link to get you started

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/first-time.htm

On our first cruise we bought a book called Passporters it also has lots of info. All that information can also be found here.

Have a great cruise. Read through this information and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Here are reviews on the staterooms:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-staterooms.htm

A double dip cruise stops a Disney's private island Castaway Cay twice on your cruise. Yeah!!

Have not stayed in a suite but they are wonderful.

The 2 stops at Castaway Cay is the reason why we booked this cruise. Now trying to save up for cabanas.

I am reading that the stateroom we picked, 8534, is noisy. Oh joy! I don't sleep well as it is. This is why I don't like cruises. Everyone have I ever been on, I never slept. Doing this cruise for the family.

If you go into the cruise already thinking how much you are going to hate it, then you likely will. You need to have an open mind about how awesome it can be. Think about how much fun your family is going to have and how happy they are to be on the ship!! The Magic is absolutely wonderful!! Just try to relax and go with the flow. Only you can ruin your vacation.

Thanks for all the information and links to info. I am going to make sure that I know everything I need to know before we go.

I know for sure I want a cabana for both days at Castaway Cay.

I am going to try and have an open mind about cruising. The was one cruise have been on but it was a Windjammer cruise. There were 126 people on the boat including the crew.

I know nothing about Windjammer's, but, from what I've read, Disney Cruises are great!

As much as I love Disney, I was skeptical when my husband suggested doing one last March (2011). However, I went ahead and booked it and he told me many interesting bits of information about Disney:
#1 or #2 ship according to Conde Nast.
Biggest rooms in the industry.
More staff (still CMs) per person than any other cruise line.

Many feel that this board is too pro-Disney (I mean, you're on a Disney board right) and have suggested Cruise Critic to get a little more "honest" opinion about cruising.

Try to have a great time!!!!! I did and we've now scheduled our third Disney Cruise for next March and I'm trying to talk DH into one of the California Coast cruises that have been deemed "Pixar" themed. Fingers crossed for me!!!!

Sailing with Disney is very different than sailing on Windjammer - two vastly different experiences. We have stayed in a one-bedroom suite on the Magic, and absolutely loved it!

Thanks for all the information and links to info. I am going to make sure that I know everything I need to know before we go.

I know for sure I want a cabana for both days at Castaway Cay.

I am going to try and have an open mind about cruising. The was one cruise have been on but it was a Windjammer cruise. There were 126 people on the boat including the crew.

I never sailed on Windjammer, but have read about it. Based on what I know, you can expect a radically different experience.

Think of the Magic as a floating luxury resort, and you'll have a good sense of what it's like. :cool2:

Sailing with Disney is very different than sailing on Windjammer - two vastly different experiences. We have stayed in a one-bedroom suite on the Magic, and absolutely loved it!

I have been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America and Windjammer.

Of all of these, I only liked the Windjammer.

But I am going to do the Disney cruise for my family. I still get to do 2 nights at WDW after the cruise.

I have been reading what I can about Disney cruise, but the information that I find most valuable is from folks that cruise regularly.

Do you remember what cabin number you where in? I booked us a one bedroom suite.

The kids and I got our passport photos today and I made an appointment to apply for our passports.

I know we have awhile yet, but I don't want to forget then rush trying to get it all done.

A little over 9 months to go. Originally Disney said that they would have pick up at the Fort Lauderdale Airport now they are saying just from the Miami airport. So, I will have to hire a car.

I am going to prepay my tips, how much extra should I bring for tipping when folks go above and beyond?

DD wants to go into Nassau so she can say she has been to another country. I was just thinking about going to the straw market, shop for a sounenir then heading back to the ship.

Any opinions?

this will be our 4th cruise on magic and our 3rd double dip!!! we always do 1 bedroom suites they are awesome!! u will have a great time! we have never done the cabana but we love castaway, we are also on 8th floor this cruise too, i dont remember it being noisy, and weve been traveling w our daughter at 6 months 1 yr 2yr and she slept fine and she wakes up easy..... even for naps!

this will be our 4th cruise on magic and our 3rd double dip!!! we always do 1 bedroom suites they are awesome!! u will have a great time! we have never done the cabana but we love castaway, we are also on 8th floor this cruise too, i dont remember it being noisy, and weve been traveling w our daughter at 6 months 1 yr 2yr and she slept fine and she wakes up easy..... even for naps!

Thanks for the positive post. I am glad we did book the one bedroom suite. I like to be spoiled a bit on vacation.

Maybe we will be cabana neighbors. :beach:

I can NOT wait to go on this cruise! It will be our first and I am excited. The only cruise we've ever been on was the Big Red Boat for our honeymoon. That was the year the Magic debuted and we had total ship envy when we saw it. Now finally, we get to do another cruise. It's like we've come full circle.

Maybe we will be cabana neighbors. :beach:

I can NOT wait to go on this cruise! It will be our first and I am excited. The only cruise we've ever been on was the Big Red Boat for our honeymoon. That was the year the Magic debuted and we had total ship envy when we saw it. Now finally, we get to do another cruise. It's like we've come full circle.

Are you planning on getting a cabana on both days? That is what I have planned for now. Not sure if it is overkill or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter