Oct school holidays

littlelambie

Mouseketeer
Is there any school holidays in Oct? I think I remember some kids being off after the Oct long weekend. My sister is now thinking maybe Oct 8-Oct 13 and she is wondering if there will be high crowds.

Columbus day weekend will be busy. It will taper off from there. But there are some schools nationally on modified calendars that get off the first two weeks of October. There are some that get off the 2nd and 3rd. Fewer get off the 4th week. Hopefully someone will follow me and give you the run down on schools in Southern California.

I know that there are a few AZ school districts that have off the 2nd or 3rd week in October.

They also have Mickey's Halloween treat, so a lot of locals are there at night now as well as those from out of town, so I don't think the later half would be more crowded toward the end of the day.

They also in the past have offered 4th night free to draw more guests.

Last year though, those I knew that went during Fall break said it was not as crowded and they walked onto almost every ride.

We have a week off in October. I believe it's usually the second week. We went to DL last year and it was great. Some rides had hour waits on the weekend but otherwise it wasn't too bad at all.

Utah schools have a break in October, and I have heard that DL parking lots are full of Utah license plates, so we won't be going then.

Most of the school holidays depend on the school district. I know some districts in Utah have a fall break for 2 weeks, some for one week, and some none at all. The entire state has the UEA (Utah Education Association) weekend off from school. In 2007 is it scheduled for Oct 29 - 30. I've heard it unaffectionately referred to as Utahns Emigrating to Anaheim so it seems like a lot of people take advantage and go to DL.

Our break in Higley AZ is the 8th-12th - and we will be in DL. Our break was the week later last year - and going midweek we ran into no problems with crowds!

We searched out when the rest of Arizona had no school and it is either the first or second week of October or third!! ha ha. So we are going the fourth week on weekdays. I can tell you that LOTS and LOTS of Arizona people dash over there for these short school breaks, so be aware.

We are in Gilbert, too.

Goodness, don't kids ever go to school these days? We never had that many days off in a year, or any days in October that I can remember! With all the different school schedules, I think the "off season" is going to be a thing of the past soon!

Were going in October, but we have no school holidays. Were just playing hookie.

We searched out when the rest of Arizona had no school and it is either the first or second week of October or third!! ha ha. So we are going the fourth week on weekdays. I can tell you that LOTS and LOTS of Arizona people dash over there for these short school breaks, so be aware.

We are in Gilbert, too.

Hey don't warn them about us!!!

We're going from Oct 10th through the 15th. I hope it won't be crowded during that time.

UEA or Utah Education Association or Utahns Escape to Anaheim is October 29-30 which means the park will be a zoo that weekend. The 29-30 are a Monday and Tuesday so the crowds could even linger into the week.

And with Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween, it might be worse than usual. :eek:

The kids in my area have two weeks off in October. They are on a year round schedule. They also ahve two weeks off in March and a few other time during the year. A lot of families I know now go to DL in October.

October used to be one of the least crowded times to go, but not anymore!

Goodness, don't kids ever go to school these days? We never had that many days off in a year, or any days in October that I can remember! With all the different school schedules, I think the "off season" is going to be a thing of the past soon!

Were going in October, but we have no school holidays. Were just playing hookie.

The number of school days per year isn't being shortened. They are shortening their summer vacations and moving that break time throughout the year.

The number of school days per year isn't being shortened. They are shortening their summer vacations and moving that break time throughout the year.

Right, I figured it was because of all the different year round schedules. But like I said I think were not going to really see much of an off season anymore. Seems like there will always be some state out there with weeks off during any given month! Good for DL attendance I suppose! Not good for those who want a less crowded time. We used to go a lot in October and November when I was kid. You just walked on to the rides. It was great. Now in October it feels like June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter