Ocean temp

Based on my experience last January, it will be cool, but not uncomfortably cold. It took a few minutes to aclimate, but after that the water temperature was fine. My guess is that when we were there, the temp was in the low 70s, however, the average temp for that area is 75 degrees for January.

I was there in December in 2005 and it was COLD! You got used to it after a minute or so, but I really didn't go in the ocean much because of the temp.

I was there on January 2 and water was 76 degrees, close to the record coldest water temp every measured in the region, 73 degrees.
The air temp was 76 degrees too, so it did feel a bit cool when getting out of the water.

When we were there in January the air was about 90 (balmy), but the water was cooooold.

We were sorry we rented floats because we never used them.

on a jan trip, we had water temps of 77-78 degrees. depending on your tolerace, this would have been much more cozy in 3 or 5 mm of neoprene!

I was there on January 2 and water was 76 degrees, close to the record coldest water temp every measured in the region, 73 degrees.
The air temp was 76 degrees too, so it did feel a bit cool when getting out of the water.

Not sure where you got this info from ...when I did a google search on this I came up with that the water temp"rarely goes below 72 degrees" so this tells me that when the currents are right the water temp can be below 72:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We stopped doing Thanksgiving cruises because the water temps were to cold for our liking.:scared1:

Rob

Not sure where you got this info from ...when I did a google search on this I came up with that the water temp"rarely goes below 72 degrees" so this tells me that when the currents are right the water temp can be below 72:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We stopped doing Thanksgiving cruises because the water temps were to cold for our liking.:scared1:

Rob

NOAA stats.

Here's a link to NOAA - National Oceanagraphic & Atmospheric Administrations website that tracks the bouys around the world. Just double-click on the world map off of the east coast of Florida until you get down to a level that you can click on an active bouy. http://www.ioos.gov/catalog/

Current water temperature off of Fort Pierce, FL (Lat 27.55, Lon -80.22)is around 21 degrees celcius, or 69 degrees Farhenheit. (sp).

Here's a link to NOAA - National Oceanagraphic & Atmospheric Administrations website that tracks the bouys around the world. Just double-click on the world map off of the east coast of Florida until you get down to a level that you can click on an active bouy. http://www.ioos.gov/catalog/

Current water temperature off of Fort Pierce, FL (Lat 27.55, Lon -80.22)is around 21 degrees celcius, or 69 degrees Farhenheit. (sp).

They should have Great Abaco water temps too, and since Fort Pierce Florida is 250 miles north of Castaway Cay, it's not a very good spot to check for water temps. Great Abaco is 10 miles east of Castaway Cay, or Nassau, which is about 60 miles south, both are better indicators.
Frankly, we're talking a range of a few degrees, the big issue is what folks consider cold. For some folks 75 is cold, around here when the water hits 68 degrees its swimming pool season.

Uh yeah, it all depends on what you define "Cold" as. I was outside in a sweatshirt in less than 18F the other day. For others, the ski jackets and parkas come out at 60F

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter