Oasis of the Seas for Kids

pezgirlroy

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

My husband and I have sailed on Royal before (Freedom and Adventure of the Seas). We have done Disney with my kids and my parents in Concierge. We just got off of a Norwegian cruise in the Haven. It was fun but not enough for the kids and not enough entertainment. We are looking at Oasis of the Seas for June 2025. For those of you who have sailed on an Oasis class ship is there a fair amount for a 14 year old and 8 year old? We are looking at doing sky class in a one bedroom. Thanks all. I appreciate all advice.

Sailed on Allure and Harmony, but not with a teen (although I just did Regal Princess with 2 teens). I also don't sail concierge, so take that into account.

Kids will have a lot to do on the ships. On the pool deck, the kids quadrant provides quite a bit of fun. Your teen might want to check out the other pools, but your 8yo will probably love this area. And I believe there are waterslides now.

Teen clubs on cruise ships are really hit or miss - if your teen is able to make friends the first day you might never see them again. If they don't, they might hang around with you or complain that there's "nothing to do" the entire cruise. Regardless, the Oasis class teen clubs seem pretty big.

I think the Adventure Ocean on Oasis has switched to a DCL-like freeform (read: Chaotic) style versus the day camp style on other ships. Again, your little one will figure out if they like it or not.

Zip line is fun, but I'm not sure how many times one can do that. Ditto for the purple slide, the carousel, flow rider and climbing wall.

I like the ice skating on the ship, even though it's something I can do in my neck of the woods (Toronto). Not everyone's cup of tea though.

So quite a bit to do. Will the kids do these things? Honestly, you never know until they get on board.

So much for teens and pre-teens....rock wall, swimming, waterslides, mini golf, zip line, dry slide from deck 16 to 6, sports court with various scheduled games, Boardwalk fun (games and I think they have a climbing thing for your younger one), merry go round, parades (I think on Oasis...we just had one on Wonder which is similar class), scheduled activities in the cruise planner (e.g. scavenger hunts, trivia and games, dances), silent disco (usually a family friendly version), ice skating, laser tag, evening shows (aqua show, ice show, usually includes headliner such as a juggler/comedian/ventriloquist, etc - depends on who they get for your cruise). You can't get more kid friendly than Oasis class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter