• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

O.K fess up who took all the lime green mickeys from Home depot

elismom

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes
Yesterday when I went to watch my son play hockey.
I thought I would drop into the home depot at St.Clair & Keele
I was smiling to myself thinking nobody would know why I wanted those lime green Mickeys
Well low and behold imagine my surprise when they were all gone!
That means I have a fellow disney lover in my neighbourhood,
who ever you are you made my day!
I will check again next Sat when we go to hockey again.

Tigger2on, she just went down so she must have needed them!LOL

I clear out the one across from Sherway Gardens!LOL

You gotta be quick and when you do see them, you take them!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Scratch
pirate:

I will confess that I take them from the Home Depot in Ancaster and Stoney Creek.I usually walk out with a handful of all colours(I am going to use them when I scrap book my upcoming trip)I vow next time to leave at least one green head for the next DISer.:teeth:

what are these lime green mickeys that I'm hearing about?

Is it a mickey key chain or something? What section of the store are they in?
I don't think I'll have enough time to get any but just curious.

Home Depot features Disney (Behr paints) in their paint departments and the paint chips are in the shape of Mickey's head. DISer's have selected lime green (mostly ribbons) to wear as a way of identifying themselves to other DISer's when at Disney. When someone discovered the lime green Mickey heads at Home Depot, people have used them for luggage tags, key tags, name tags, etc., and for crafting. Alien Green and Sonic Boom are the two lime green paint chips -- and have mysteriously disappeared from every Home Depot across the two countries - can't you just imaging paint managers scratching their heads and wontering why so many people are "thinking" about painting their rooms such a bright green...and not selling any of the paint!

ooooohhh. I knew that lime green is the Dis colour.

I can't believe that all the times I've been to Home Depot since April, I never thought to pick up a paint card. We always take the card with instructions on how to paint a Princess bedroom. we never buy the paint, dd's just have to have those Princess cards every visit.

Originally posted by kellyla
I will confess that I take them from the Home Depot in Ancaster and Stoney Creek.I usually walk out with a handful of all colours(I am going to use them when I scrap book my upcoming trip)I vow next time to leave at least one green head for the next DISer.:teeth:
Paint chips for scrapbooking!!! I love that idea!! Can't wait to go to Home Depot!!!princess:

I am on my way to HOME DEPOT!! This is so cool, we are heading to Disney in 7 weeks, so maybe I will spot another lime green head!! LOL

I went to the Home Depot in Windsor a few weeks ago looking for green Mickey's too. They did not have any out on the board. I made the lady look in the storage cupboard to find some to put out and then when she went away I took a whole bunch of them, heehee. They only had sonic boom not the Alien ones.
I had them on my bags when I went down last weekend and I had a CM in line notice them and ask me if I was a DIS board member. Her mother also is so she recognized it.
Jan-ma, if you are out there I met your daughter Jacki in MGM what a nice girl.
Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter