NYE with kids

KatieCharlotte

DIS Veteran
We recently spent a week at RPR and the parks, and decided that we'd love to live there. :) We're thinking about going back after Christmas for several days, which would include New Year's and a couple days after. We'd stay at SF to save on costs, so no express passes, and this would just be about enjoying the atmosphere. But, it's important to me to have a safe place to celebrate NYE with a teenager and preteen. We'd probably leave the other teen who can't handle crowds back at the hotel. Has anyone done NYE at Universal Studios recently? Is there live music, dancing, fireworks at midnight? Is it horribly crowded or manageable if you know what to expect? Do they hit capacity limits like Disney?

And, how do we get back to SF, with the big adults-only celebration happening at City Walk? Can we walk to the docks and still take a boat back, or do we take the walking path?

The parks close before midnight (10pm). There are parties at the different hotels. That's what I'd plan to do.
"The actual theme parks at Universal Orlando do not host their own New Year’s Eve parties, per se, but there are some celebrations to be had at Universal Studios Florida, such as “party zones” that include some family-friendly music, character meet-‘n-greets, and, of course, pyrotechnics, confetti, and party favors.

Universal Studios also stays open late on this momentous night, allowing you to enjoy your favorite attractions into the wee hours of the morning. This year, it’s scheduled to close at 10:00 pm (while Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay pack up shop at 10:00 pm and 7:00 pm, respectively)."
https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/new-years-eve/

That link outlines all the other hotel parties and Universal options. Choose what looks good and buy some tickets unless 10pm is late enough then just head to your room to relax. :)

I thought I read somewhere that Universal Studios (unlike Islands of Adventure) usually closes at 12:30 a.m. on NYE. Is that not the case anymore or was that wrong info? I assumed that the whole party zone, confetti, fireworks celebration went to midnight. I think another article said midnight? I know the calendar says 10 p.m., but that doesn't mean it's accurate? The parties at the hotels seem overpriced and frankly kind of lame for teenagers who want music and fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter