NYE! which resort? (if there is availability!!!)

princess angel

**If You Can Dream It, You can Do It**
I just found out today that I cannot run the WDW marathon in january! I have two (not one but TWO!) stress fractures! one in each leg! so the marathon is out! I am so disappointed I cried!

anway, we might cancel our trip in January, or definately shorten it atleast, cause I cant be in wdw for the marathon weekend and not run! no way!

I want to go for New Years Eve! maybe the week or just 4 or 5 days, since we will be at wdw for 2 weeks nov 23 - dec 7th!

but aside from the Airfare being very high for New years!!!!!!!!!
what resort should I stay at should I be able toget any availability!
????

we would want an Epcot resort (or the GF)

Laura :) :) :)

Laura, Laura, Laura! So, you are planning TWO Christmas/New Year's trips?

Well, the wonderful person I am ;), I checked availability for you. :) December 27-January 1 ~ all deluxes available except the GF. YC/BC have concierge available, too ~ garden only at YC, both garden & water at BC. Contemporary has tower & tower club rooms available (perfect MK NYE fireworks view!).

So, since the GF is currently unavailable, I guess it might be easier for you to make a decision. :)

Where do you want to be on New Year's Eve? That will solve the resort dilemma because you definitely don't want to take a bus that night! :eek: DH and I were stranded on a WDW bus for 3 hours after the New Year's party at Pleasure Island and it was a total nightmare!!!! :eek: So if you plan on attending that party maybe POFQ would be best because you could take the boat to DTD??? If it's even running that night.

If you plan to bring in the New Year on the BW then definitely go with an Epcot resort. :)

They usually have a special New Year's party at each park also. (at least they did when we were there) So that is something else to think about. If you are at the MK party then the GF would be perfect.

So I guess my advice would be to first decide what your New Year's plans are and then you'll know which resort fits best. ;)

Boy I sound like a travel agent!!! LOL :)

thanks Erika! :)

Cali you are wonderful!!! thanks for checking the availability for me! that is so nice of you :D
atleast now I know it is possible to go!!! :)

I think we would most likely want to be in Epcot to ring in the new year! so the Yacht or Beach club would probably be good!

the air is still quite high, but I told dh and he said "that isnt too bad" I think he is trying to make me feel better becasue I cant run the marathon! this is exacty what this New Years trip is for! to make me feel better! :) like it ?

Laura :)

Well, you could stay at the YC/BC this year, and then the GF next year! I just read an excellent review of the RPC! Plus, you said it's your dream to wake up on X-mas morning at the GF RPC! ;)

So, for NYE, which would you prefer, YC or BC? BC will probably be starting renovations, but, they do have a Concierge Lagoon available. I'm not sure if YC really only has Garden Concierge available, or they might be holding a couple Concierge Lagoons (?). I'd go ahead and book a room, then cancel if you decide not to go then. :)

Laura,

Ouch! That must be a big disappointment! But I hope you "take your medicine" and get those stress fractures cleared up ASAP!

I know what you mean about not wanting to be there if you can't run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter