Yeah! Last year the only way to see the fireworks was if they were right in front of you . . . which was OK for us; we were at The Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay and one of the launch sites was the vacant land across from Luxor. But this will be WAY better!!! Woot! http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/nov/13/new-years-eve-fireworks-returning-casino-rooftops/ New Years Eve fireworks returning to casino rooftops Friday, Nov. 13, 2009 | 11:44 a.m. Fireworks will be returning to Las Vegas Strip casino rooftops this New Years Eve. After a shortage of ohhs and ahhs during last years display, Las Vegas Events and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority announced today that they have worked with the Clark County Fire Department to move the displays from ground locations back to the rooftops. The displays will be shot from seven casino rooftop locations -- one less location than last year due to the higher cost of rooftop displays. The locations include MGM Grand, Planet Hollywood, Caesars Palace, Treasure Island, the Venetian, Stratosphere and Aria. This years show will cost $550,000 compared to $600,000 last year. We are moving the fireworks show back to where it should be, LVE President Pat Christenson said. Our goal each year is to design a show that is befitting of this city and provides a great backdrop for the thousands of revelers on the Strip. Grucci of New York will be responsible for the New Year's fireworks display. Grucci has produced Fourth of July shows in Las Vegas for the past 20 years, seven consecutive presidential inaugurations, two Olympic Games and celebrations on the Brooklyn Bridge. In addition to designing the displays, Grucci worked closely with the Clark County Fire Department and Building Services to ensure both fire and structural guidelines, LVE said in a news release today. Many complained last year of lackluster fireworks, leaving those on the Strip wondering what happened to the usual display. High-rise hotels blocked the show for many visitors and Strip party-goers. Firing locations were moved in 2009 after Clark County Fire and Rescue made a change in its fireworks permitting requirements in August 2008, which included hiring third-party fire safety consultants to evaluate rooftop conditions. Clark County Fire and Rescue spokesman Scott Allison told the Sun last January that the permit changes were made for reasons that stemmed from the Monte Carlo fire in January 2008. Requirements for the permits have not changed but Christenson said Grucci, LVE and LVCVA have worked with closely with the fire department since January to ensure compliance.