• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NYC Macy's Santaland

Ana~n~Joseph

I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met M
Has anyone braved Macy's Santaland in NYC? I did it once like 10 years ago so I don't really know what it is like now. How long are the waits? I would be going at the worst possible time, Friday after Thanksgiving. Should I just not bother? Should I try Bloomingdales instead? I want my son to get his first picture with Santa in NYC - prefer Macy's but if the wait is longer than 45, I think he'll have to wait another year. We arrive in NYC on Tuesday night and leave Saturday morning so I think Friday is the only day we could do this. Thanks in advance for any advice.

We went mid-day on a Sat last year & the wait was over an hour. We left. This year, we're going at 9am when they first open.

Has anyone braved Macy's Santaland in NYC? I did it once like 10 years ago so I don't really know what it is like now. How long are the waits? I would be going at the worst possible time, Friday after Thanksgiving. Should I just not bother? Should I try Bloomingdales instead? I want my son to get his first picture with Santa in NYC - prefer Macy's but if the wait is longer than 45, I think he'll have to wait another year. We arrive in NYC on Tuesday night and leave Saturday morning so I think Friday is the only day we could do this. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last year, mid-December, on a Sunday, the line was approximately 2 hours around midday. :scared1: I'd say go on a weekday if you can!! It's a wonderful experience, but IHMO, not worth the wait! They even have those signs like at Disney "1 hour from this point," etc. I'd see the window's at Macy's and go to Santa at Bloomies!

Is that the opening day?

I'm going down on a Tuesday with a friend, we are taking our dd's. I woudn't go anywhere near that place on a weekend :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter