nyc hotel on priceline

jackdis

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
Any tips on using Priceline for a 5 star hotel, midtown or uptown??
Any successes out there? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

Go to betterbidding.com and ask over there. I find them very helpful. just let them know when and what area of the city you're looking for and they will help you with a bidding strategy.

Sites like betterbidding and biddingfortravel will also have users that post winning bids so you can get an idea of what the winning rate is. If you can't find any info use the tried and true strategy of finding all of the zones that don't have any hotels in your star rating then using those areas to raise your bid without leaving the area.

Be very careful. We bid on a similar hotel to what you are looking for an ended up at the W on Lexington ave. It was a decent hotel, but not 4 or 5 stars by my standards. More like a 3 star to me. The rooms were incredibly small, probably under 200 sq ft. The 4 of us were squished in there! Plus all of their rooms except the suites have only one bed. DH, me and DD2 were in the bed while DD7 was on the floor on an inflatable mattress. There was literally no room to walk when that mattress was on the floor (and it's child size!).

Just be sure to look at all of the possible hotels you could get before you submit a bid.

On another note, we loved the Doubletree in Times Square. All of the rooms are suites. We didn't bid on that one - we just paid outright for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter