NYC departures-Were the pools warm enough to swim?

hogie1

Leave no one behind...
With the cooler weather in the Northeast, anyone going to NYC for DCL Magic for Bermuda or Canada, were the pools warm enough in port at NYC to swim even with the cooler weather? We are planning to bring our swim suits but not sure if the pools/Aqua Dunk will even be open with the cold weather..... Any info would be great!

It was so windy and cold that I’d say no. We did the hot tub a bit but it was awful getting out of the pool. The water in the pool was warm but not enough to my liking haha

We sailed from NYC last Thanksgiving week. I do not recall the exact temp, but it was cold and most people were bundled up the first day. Despite that, there were kids in the pool. The pools are heated, so they steam and it was "kids in the mist".

We did the Quebec City to NY City sailing a couple weeks ago.
I was in the pool every day! The water was beautiful!
Though it was a very cold walk back to our room!
We toweled quickly, then swapped out for a couple more dry towels for the walk back. They also had fleece blankets on deck. As soon as you get inside, it is fine.
On our sea day, the pool was like a nice heated, wave pool. So fun!

We sailed from NYC last Thanksgiving week. I do not recall the exact temp, but it was cold and most people were bundled up the first day. Despite that, there were kids in the pool. The pools are heated, so they steam and it was "kids in the mist".

Kids in the mist! HA HA HA :rotfl2::rotfl2:

We toweled quickly, then swapped out for a couple more dry towels for the walk back. They also had fleece blankets on deck. As soon as you get inside, it is fine.

so good to know!! Much appreciated, as long as the water it warm enough I'll go in with my kiddos!

Kids in the mist! I love it! (and my daughter calls me a gorilla sometimes, this might be quite appropriate!)

thx for the info! We can't wait!

With the cooler weather in the Northeast, anyone going to NYC for DCL Magic for Bermuda or Canada, were the pools warm enough in port at NYC to swim even with the cooler weather? We are planning to bring our swim suits but not sure if the pools/Aqua Dunk will even be open with the cold weather..... Any info would be great!

DH and I are on the cruise next Wednesday out of NYC. The temperature so far is calling for a high of 54 degrees and partly cloudy. Boy the temperature has really dropped in just the last week.

We cruised out of NYC last year in the first week of October, warmer weather and pools were a go.

I would expected all pools open and hopefully heated. I think once we head out to sea and day two Bermuda the weather should warm up.

I figure the water will fill very warm compared to the air, so the pools should feel pretty good.

Happy cruising!

We just returned yesterday. The first sea day Sunday was warm and the pool was fine. The last sea day Thursday was windy and cold. Only sat
out in the sun the first sea day.

I was also on the Quebec > NYC cruise on the Magic. Both the Aqua Dunk and the other water slide (the yellow one) had heated water. Water temperature was pleasant. Getting out of the slide into the cold air, not so much :)

We took the Quebec City to NYC cruise September 27th and even though the air was in the 50's the pools were warm and people were in them. Not me but my husband went in the Goofy Pool a few days with our granddaughters. The pools are heated....its just getting out that can be chilly.

MJ

Right now it’s cooler than usual for October in nyc (heard on the radio it’s more like mid November weather :(
But pools will be heated and kids will go in :)
Last year it was in the 80’s 3rd week in October... just never know anymore.

Right now it’s cooler than usual for October in nyc (heard on the radio it’s more like mid November weather :(

The first cruise to Bermuda out of NYC had summer like weather, but things have changed quickly.

I think that being cooler will make the weather in Bermuda a much nicer experience.

We were on the 10/13 sailing to Bermuda. It was cold on the day we left NYC, but by the next day, the weather had warmed up. My son did the Aqua Dunk and the water slide, both of which he said had cold water, but the pools were heated. On our last sea day heading back to NYC, it was cold and windy on the pool deck. I don’t really remember seeing too many brave souls in the pools, but I do remember at least one person bundled up in blankets (provided by the crew) on one of the lounge chairs.

oh I know, we are from Boston. And I want to know if I can make it into the pool too!pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter