Number of People Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.
We own at AKV and I have always been able to book a value room at 11 months. Every time. This year I was shut out at 8 am every day I tried. Thankfully I was able to pick up the nights I needed after the walkers dropped them and my stay is complete. I still need to call and get all these individual nights consolidated into one reservation. I'm making another reservation in a couple of weeks and I guess I will be trying to walk now too if I can catch a room at 8 am. Ironically if I am not able to walk and my room in advance I will be having to mess with trying to catch dropped rooms from walkers while we are at Disney on a trip. So don't want to deal with that!! Wish me luck. I'm NOT a morning person so this getting up early on the weekends thing sucks.
I see myself also having to come in the back door with individual days. Please let us know how the call to consolidate your reservations go. I have a fear that with this new system they may try to say that I may lose a night while they try to consolidate them.

.....(snip)........One thing I would like though is that the booking window changed to 12:01am from 8:00am. It is a huge pain in the butt to have to get up at 5am (I'm on the west coast) to be online right for that 8am eastern time. With a 12:01am opening, I could book my rooms at 9pm at night before going to bed.

But I'm sure people on the east coast would rather book at 8am then stay up till Midnight LOL. Can't please everyone.

Even I, on the east coast, would like that too. I'm doing trip planning 10-11pm most of the time anyway and often forget the 8am thing (and then remember at like 9:30). So, myself, I'd rather stay up to midnight than set alarm for 7:45 and get coffee and log on computer.

I'm on the East coast too, and would far prefer a midnight booking time than 8am. Most folk around here are either commuting, getting the kids off to school or are still sleeping due to shifted schedules (nurses, techies etc) at 8am. Those of us who can make it work usually do so by getting into work exceptionally early, even by early bird standards.

Then there are those of us in Europe which prefer things as they are. I can book at 02pm which suits me just fine.
:-)

Ah ha! Proof again that Disney has a favorite child and she/he is European. :rotfl2:

I doubt it will change. My understanding is that the calendar turn for booking coincides with the open hours of Tech Support.

Can't you just see & hear all the upset people trying (and failing) to get past a quirky website at Midnight Eastern? :teeth: (OK. Really not funny if it's happening to you).

Sorry about this question, but it's been a while since I've been the boards. But can someone tell me what the term "walk means.

Buy more points and walk 30 days at a time!

:earsboy: Bill

I know you are joking but that’s why they put in the 7 day limit at the window. It would really be impossible otherwise.

I’m hoping for a BWV standard view studio first week of December next year. I usually do boardwalk view but I’m low on points for next year. For the first time, I may try to walk. Thanksgiving is late next year which complicates things.

I know you are joking but that’s why they put in the 7 day limit at the window. It would really be impossible otherwise.

I’m hoping for a BWV standard view studio first week of December next year. I usually do boardwalk view but I’m low on points for next year. For the first time, I may try to walk. Thanksgiving is late next year which complicates things.
Yep, probably should walk. With Star Wars Land opening near the end of 2019 (though no firm dates yet) I suspect October on will be tough. I may walk studio at CCV for right before Xmas. Will have to walk for at least a month though. And only booking 2-3 nights so it may be too much work.

I doubt it will change. My understanding is that the calendar turn for booking coincides with the open hours of Tech Support.

Can't you just see & hear all the upset people trying (and failing) to get past a quirky website at Midnight Eastern? :teeth: (OK. Really not funny if it's happening to you).
I was a tech support person for many years not so long back. All those positions are now outsourced to India and you're hard pressed to find any US based folk. You can bet your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo that those folk want to be working at midnight est, it's a very civil 9:30 am in most areas that provide the tech support.

I was a tech support person for many years not so long back. All those positions are now outsourced to India and you're hard pressed to find any US based folk. You can bet your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo that those folk want to be working at midnight est, it's a very civil 9:30 am in most areas that provide the tech support.
Even so, Disney doesn't offer tech support 24 hours a day and I don't think that will change. I would think they want those people available during WDW park hours. There are still lots of MDE issues.

Our Wedding anniversary is 10/15. Been watching BLT Studio Stds and am getting worried (a little bit) about being able to get our favorite week like we usually do due to the walking going on. I am already looking at one less night and instead securing a Lake View (would be 1 extra point).

As much as this year is disconcerting with the walking observed, my bigger concerns are for the future as Star Wars opens and booking becomes even more challenging at 11 months. I know a lot of people (self included) have been banking points just to be able to book once Star Wars opens. Our AP Year [5 trips-30 nts planned] starts in 10/2019 with the big Family GTG using a BLT 2BR in the end of Sept 2020. All my point calculations are based on the ability to get BLT Standard villas at 11 months. This should be interesting to say the least.

I was toying with the idea of going the 1st weekend of October again next year. There is definitely walking going on. Yesterday, 10/3 was booked for standard view at BWV. Today, 10/3 is open, but 10/4 isn’t available. What do you want to bet that tomorrow 10/4 will be available, but 10/5 will be gone?!? I imagine if I wait 2-3 days, all the dates for that weekend will open up. I know walking for Thanksgiving is a big deal. I don’t even know if I want to go that weekend, so I may not book it at all...

I have been shut out for over a week now for walking to get a room middle of OCT next year. Lots of walkers for standard at BWV.

So I was surprised I was able to book a standard view yesterday right at 8 am. After reading the reports here I thought it might be tough (no walk as I was looking to book Columbus Day weekend) but I had no problem. Only thing is now I’m debating if later on in October might be better. Crowds were pretty fierce this year for Columbus Day weekend....but I got standard view 1st try....do I dare cancel and try to rebook in a couple weeks?

So I was surprised I was able to book a standard view yesterday right at 8 am. After reading the reports here I thought it might be tough (no walk as I was looking to book Columbus Day weekend) but I had no problem. Only thing is now I’m debating if later on in October might be better. Crowds were pretty fierce this year for Columbus Day weekend....but I got standard view 1st try....do I dare cancel and try to rebook in a couple weeks?

Columbus Day weekend is a week later next year. I made the same mistake...

Just reminding those who may not know that in this thread, people are only talking about not getting the standard view and Boardwalk view studios & 2 bedrooms. The Pool/Garden studios & 2 bedrooms are still available.

Sometimes it sounds like people can't get any room at 11 months, but they are really just talking about one booking category (that is very limited in number).

Just reminding those who may not know that in this thread, people are only talking about not getting the standard view and Boardwalk view studios & 2 bedrooms. The Pool/Garden studios & 2 bedrooms are still available.

Sometimes it sounds like people can't get any room at 11 months, but they are really just talking about one booking category (that is very limited in number).
Also have been discussing the AKV Club and Value category rooms (not Savanna View or Standard View rooms, which also are easier to come by at 11 months)
Someday I'll have a shot at a club level again. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts