Nudity on Golden Eagle Excursion ???

tyusik

Earning My Ears
Question for someone who has been on the Golden Eagle Excursion.

The brochure that Disney gave us states that there may be topless sunbathing or nudity on the Golden Eagle excusion trip.
From what I have read this is an excellent trip and I wanted to go on it, however my wife is having reservations because of the clause in the disney excursion brochure. We have two boys (6&8) and all we need is for them to go back to school expounding on the sights they have seen on the cruise.

So is there any nudity or topless sunbathing on this trip?

I know that as a general rule the french side of St. Martin does, but the dutch side doesn't.

Thanks in advance for your reply
B

We did this excursion in May. there is no nude sunbathing on the catamaran, but when we got to the uninhabited island to use the beach and snorkel, there were nude adults in small pleasure craft who dropped anchor near the beach and nude sunbathers down the beach. the golden eagle crew dropped anchor as far from the sunbathers as physically possible. our dd12, ds8, and our friends' ds8 and ds5 were completely oblivious. the adults were more shy about it!

If this is a big concern for you, you might want to consider doing something on your own the day you go to St Maarten. Perhaps go shopping or enjoy the beach at Great Bay.

There is a similar catamaran ride at St Thomas... and you won't see anything like that there.

do you know how far out they stop before they get to the island?
Do you have to jump into the water and use a ladder to get from the water on to the top of the boat?

Does this make sense????

We did the catamaran on New Years Day, yes there were topless women at the beach. I was very concerned about this but they were not that noticable. I fact my husband and I had to laugh, of our 4 kids the 3 girls picked up on it and thought it was no big deal. But our 16 year old son did not even notice them, he did'nt belive us when we told him back at the ship. The boat is ancored about 6 ft. from shore we all took the ladder down but later my kids went back on the boat and jumped off just for fun. Hope this helps. We ha a great time.

To answer the question about were do they stop. Practically on the beach. The crew nosed the catamaran right up to the shoreline and put the anchor up on the beach. They dropped the ladder and the water came up to most peoples chest.

As for the nudes, there was a group of adults about a hundred yards off and came walking by as we were leaving, not a real problem.

The crew of the Golden Eagle I was great, knew their business and the area. Highly recommend this excurison.

Alan & Judy

Magic 1/5/02; 1/6/01; 10/99

On the catamaran itself.. it was a full load...tight quarters for sitting, never mind nude sunbathing :) I guess there was a nearby boat docked with some topless women, but the only one who noticed them was my DH.... our kids nor I noticed them at all. The catamaran pulled close to the beach, but was definitely over my head where it docked.... very close to the beach, but there was a big drop off. Our ride out was extremely rough... several sick kids and a couple of sick adults, but the crew was WONDERFUL about it. Ride back was fun.. they break out the pastries and champagne. Fun for a half day excursion, but anyone who has been on a full day catamaran trip might be a little disappointed. The snorkling.... well, we saw a 1" fish!!!! :P

On our excursion (10/13/01 Magic) we had one topless sunbather. The surf was rough due to a depression that had moved through the area a few days earlier. They only raised the center sail and kept it tied off and used the engine to go to a beach on the French side of the island (not the normal destination for the excursion). As soon as the Captain announced that we were on the Frenchside, one of the ladies on the excursion dropped her top. Most of the kids were upfront on the trampoline area and she was in the rear of the boat.

The captain anchored the boat a good distance from the beach. There is a stairway/ladder type thing that makes leaving the boat and reboarding very easy. If you wanted to go to the beach without swimming, a small boat was launched to shuttle you back and forth. We had a great time...probably due to the company of new friends and the rum punch and champagne. The water was cloudy due to the rough surf.

My 11DS knew there was the possibility that he might see someone topless, but at his age he still think it's "gross".

:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter