Now that the pool's taken care of. . .

mdoc

DIS Veteran
I've always said that the only negatives (and they're not that negative, really) to Fort Wilderness were (1) lack of a themed pool with a slide like other resorts have and (2) lack of a counter service dining option. It sounds like the pool situation is taken care of. What do you all think the chances are that Disney will add counter service dining. I like Trail's End, but it'd be nice to have something else.

:santa:

Pool ?popcorn:: I still say, "Seeing is believing".

Counter service ? Uh,sure! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

OMG !!! I am sooo negative this morning ! (sorry)

I agree completely. Something like Roaring Forks would be awesome at the Fort. In fact, my wife and I were scouting out possible locations around the TE area while we were there recently. Just in case Disney calls me and asks for advice... In any case, there certainly seems to be some options from a space standpoint, and I bet it would pay for itself. We specifically went to the WL for Roaring Forks for dinner one night when I didn't feel like cooking, but TE would be too much (food and money) for our family of 6.

Um, there is counter service at FW every night! Hotdogs and nachos at the campfire! Hello!? JK, sorry. Not what ya meant, obviously.

When we first started going to FW Trails End use to just be upstairs and Crocketts Travern was different from trails end had it own menu and served the Best Steaks!:thumbsup2 Crockets Travern was usally very busy when we were there. I don't know why they changed it. I still go in there and request to sit on the bottum floor by the bar:lmao:

There is a perfect spot for it already built, at the now accessible concession area at the front of River Country (Backyard Barbecue)

I just got back from the Fort (left on 12/14/08) My DW had fallen on the sidewalk to the marina ( sand and concrete uneven, watching fireworks and talking on cell phone) so we went to get some ice to put on her cheek and chin and knee, the cm's were very helpful and must have notified the manager of Hoopty Do & the Backyard Bar B Que, who insisted on calling the paramedics to check her out. So while I had him captive, waiting for the paramedics I mentioned FOOD...that not all of us wanted an all you can eat buffet, that a cheeseburger & fries or something in that order, would be nice. He told me that they realized what people are wanting and are working on something like that for the Meadows, But he said "it is easier for Disney to take something away than to put it in. That at one time there was food at the Marina, Crockets Tavern, River Country, etc., but we're working on it." :wizard: So its Hopefull

Hey Yacht45 - it was very thoughtful of your wife to sacrifice herself so that we could have this info. It does sound hopeful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter