Now that 'Ohana is a no go

I don't find Raglan Road particularly unique but the food is fine. I do find San Angel Inn unique and the food was fine (except the salsa--tasted like ketchup). Be Our Guest was also a good atmosphere but it sure was loud/hectic and I don't like the new menu. We really enjoy sitting on the patio at Via Napoli around sunset and having dinner there. Of course the food isn't particularly unique but that's always been fun.

I plan to book and wait for reviews. I'm glad to see other options posted here though!

I'm a big fan of Ragland Road. Aside from the theming and tasty food, many menu items are gluten free and I find the place priced better than In park/Resort offerings.
Not to mention the fact that earlier today I waz able to get a ressie for December. Thats a plus.

It would be great if someone posted a glowing review. Like, 'The kielbasa was to die for, reminded me of all those family dinners in Wallington, NJ, the breadcrumbs in the shrimp casserole were just the way I like my carbs, and such exciting fast-paced service! From sit down to the last bite of bread pudding, 35 minutes!'

'A great Disney value as we didn't have to worry about being nickle and dimed by ordering a la carte! Everyone took as much kielbasa as they wanted and it was only $75/per person all in!' :smickey:

I have similar feelings about the new menu as well. Going to be in town in late August and hoping to score a dinner res for the DW’s bday. Ohana has always been one of our favorites and even if the reviews are glowing the prices for the new menu seem a little steep for what you are getting.

Here's the thing. As someone who has been frustrated by Disney continuing to offer less for more, but also someone who thought O'Hana was overpriced, I can't really fault Disney for their decisions. For one thing, meat/seafood has gotten a lot more expensive for everyone during COVID for a whole host of reasons, and its had a trickle down effect as restaurants and consumers (who are on different supply chains mostly, certainly Disney World is) adjust. Things like chicken wings, which used to be cheap are now more expensive because places are downgrading to them, creating more demand when there was already less supply. Same goes for shrimp and all the cuts of meat, since shellfish is more expensive now than it ever has been and the fancier restaurants and consumers will still pay a premium for the good cuts of meats and there's less of that to go around. The noodles to rice decision was likely not cost-based, but more likely to make a gluten-neutral option on the sides available (I have never been to O'Hana with a gluten-free person, but I imagine they probably used fried rice to accommodate). I will concede that Kielbasa is a weird choice. Like I know they wouldn't go to Spam, even though that would be authentic, but there are better sausages they could provide. At the same time, even with that, it's clear that Disney's concern is getting it open as quickly as possible with the staff/resources they have to open it.

More importantly, O'Hana has always been a cash cow for Disney. Disney doesn't let cash cows that seem like a deal stay that way too long (look at Le Cellier). Even in the good old days before they rushed you out, they were still minting money there. This new menu and set-up and $5-10 price increase(?) is just a reflection of the cost of doing business right now, and they know people will pay for it. Sure the noodles rebellion was successful, but until the supply chain rectifies itself and Disney can employ enough people to actually do the skewer style service, this is going to have to suffice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter