Now that 'Ohana is a no go

tigger2002

DIS Veteran
With the new menu at 'Ohana I think it is a no go for us, which is sad because we loved it for the atmosphere. So where do we go instead? Where can you go with a unique atmosphere and unique food? We need a place to fill the 'Ohana void.

With the new menu at 'Ohana I think it is a no go for us, which is sad because we loved it for the atmosphere. So where do we go instead? Where can you go with a unique atmosphere and unique food? We need a place to fill the 'Ohana void.
Are you looking for some place close to your resort?

If you went for the atmosphere why would the new menu even be a factor as similar as it is?

Wouldn't a menu of haggis and pumpkin juice still suffice if the atmosphere was the draw?

We went to be called "cousin". If that's done we're are fine.

If you went for the atmosphere why would the new menu even be a factor as similar as it is?

Wouldn't a menu of haggis and pumpkin juice still suffice if the atmosphere was the draw?

We went to be called "cousin". If that's done we're are fine.

People like doing performative protest over things like menu changes at restaurants and letting everyone know, as many times in as many places as possible, that they're unhappy ... for some reason.

As they say on the internet, this isn't an airport. You don't need to announce your departure.

Last edited:
We have been to Sanaa before but it has been several years. We may go back there if Boma reopening is a bust.

I was there this past Dec. Food was great! Bread service might be the best starter I’ve ever had. We had a window seat which was nice to watch animals while we dined. Waiting to see how and when Boma returns.

I wouldn't exactly call O'hana's atmosphere and food "unique" so I guess it's hard to know what exactly you mean.

Satuli Canteen in AK is certainly something I would call "unique." Is it just "not American cuisine and interesting decoration"? There are polynesian themed restaurants outside of Disney and Hawaii (ever been to a Trader Vic's?). You can get Caribbean themed food at Sebastian's, food themed to the countries of the world showcase in Epcot in pretty much every restaurant there (Biergarten and San Angel Inn in particular have an incredible atmosphere), Tiffins/Nomad lounge in AK have a lot of interesting african food, Sanaa in AKL has the savannah view and indian/african hybrid menu, Raglan Road in DS has irish music and dancing as well as irish food.

I'm a big fan of Ragland Road. Aside from the theming and tasty food, many menu items are gluten free and I find the place priced better than In park/Resort offerings.

I am with you. The menu changes and the pricing they want for it rule Ohana out for us too. It used to be our favorite. If you are looking for a similar atmosphere, the Kona Cafe would be a good pick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter