• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NOW A TR: Just a little Trip for Two

Teki

<font color=brown>Love the Indi hats!<br><font col
Trip Report Starts page 9 post 130!

We are going on a 3 day trip to the park starting on Jun 1st 2011 and ending June 4th. The Cast includes

Me: (sid)
68097_171891799510175_100000680671259_404064_1556438_n.jpg

and my boyfriend

Jared:
24474_112950215404334_100000680671259_123155_7787230_n.jpg

Were going down to Disneyland for his birthday we will be leaveing early in the morning on the 1st and being in the park the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. we were trying to go when it was less crowded but now that theyve annouced opening Ariel, Goofys sky school, and the new star tours that seems to be out lol. were super excited and I hope to post more real soon!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip. My trips are usually just DH and I, so it will be nice to read about another couple's trip. We're going in early May to avoid the crowds for LM and ST2, but I can't wait to hear how they are!

Hi Teki!!! Been a long time since I've seen you over here on the trip reports!! Glad to see you have another trip coming up! Looking forward to seeing more!

skool and work have kept me soooo busy! its good to be back though :cool1:

Here is our tentative schdule, we like to be flexiable but Jared gets motion sickness and cranky when hes hungry :rolleyes: so we have to know when were gonna eat so we ride big rides before hand and we have to make sure we plan to eat so Jared wont be cranky lol any way I thought posting this would give you a good idea of our dining plan :) Wednsday is going to be our most comando day as its our traveling/park day as well as the day we plan to see WOC. Friday will be the most lax, after we ride little mermaid Im hopeing its no more then a four or five hour wait but I guess well have to wait and see. In addition this is only tentative alot can change and Ill keep you all posted :thumbsup2

Day one:
Wake up 4am hit the road by 5am
Arrive at Disneyland Park by 9:30 check in to hotel and head to DCA opening
Visa Character meet and greet in holly wood pictures back lots
Enjoy DCA
12 o clock pick up world of color picnic and eat it
Enjoy DCA
6 o clock have dinner at white water snacks
Enjoy DCA
8 o clock sit down for world of color
Enjoy DCA
Return to hotel or head over to Disneyland till park closes

Day two:
Wake up at 6 am
Eat breakfast in hotel room
Arrive at Disneyland
Go to fantasyland for Magical Mornings
enjoy Disneyland
Have light lunch around 12
Enjoy Disneyland
5 pm birthday dinner at big thunder ranch
Enjoy Disneyland
(Possibly do fireworks or fantasmic)
Return to Hotel after park closes

Day 3
Wake up 7am
Breakfast at carnation café at park opening
Head over to DCA
Line up for Little mermaid
Go back to Disneyland
Have lunch at the Hungry Bear
Enjoy Disneyland
Have dinner
Enjoy Disneyland
Shop
Sadly leave parks for hotel

Day 4

Wake up before 10 am
Pack up car
Head to down town Disney
Walk around and have breakfast
Sadly head back home.

I'm just speculating, but I'm thinking you might want to check out the LMAUA line to start with on day 3. As it is opening day for the ride, it wouldn't surprise me if there were tons of people there well before DCA ever opens. Just a thought though. Sounds like you guys'll get a lot done though!

:cool1: Looks like fun!!! Which WoC picnics did you go with?? We did the chicken one, the chicken was sweet but so tiny.....my hubby commented he's seen Robins bigger than that....... :rotfl2: I didn't really care for the 2 salads.....but I make a mean potato salad & it's hard to find another one that I like!

That's right, you're going to be there when the 2 rides are opened!!! I'm so excited to hear & see pics of the Little Mermaid ride!! Hopefully when we go in December, the crowds will be manageable for us to take the kids on this one. I'm also curious to see how the new Star Tours is too!!!

My hubby has a few issues with motion sickness too......Star Tours was the worse one for him.....but he did much better after eating before he rides it. He doesn't have any problems with the roller coasters.......so we ride BTMRR a lot!!!!

Briarrose1306: We are thinking because Disneyland should open at 8 if we make our breakfast reservation right at park opening we should be able to get over to the DCA line at 9 which would be an hour before they open so it would be to start with for that park, but like I said it is tentative Im also considering doing both BTMBBQ and Carnation Cafe on Thursday as well :yay:

DizneeLover: Yeah Jared is totally cool with the roller coasters as well he just cant do them directly after eating and he cant do star tours, soarin, or California Screamin at all (because of the loop) We arent sure which picnic to get yet we cant purchase it till may 1st I was thinking the chicken we will pronbably get churros with it too :cloud9:

Random: Diznee Lover I was just reading one of your TRs and I've arrived at the day you spent at knotts where you talk about the deplorable food. I SO agree My friends took me to knotts at haloween time for my birthday they had a deal hotel and for two nights and 8 tickets to the park (so 4 people 2 days) and one free breakfast for 4 for 250 dollars (AMAZING) anyway we had a flat on the way in and didnt stop for lunch to save time naturally arriving at the park we were starved we ate at lucys kitchen in camp snoopy the food was awful and cost a fortune we didnt eat in the park the rest of the trip! we had dinner at the chicken dinner restaurant and the pirate adventure dinner, used our free breakfast at the hotel and went to po folks, as well we went to bk one day for lunch Knotts has just the worst food >.< However I HIGHLY recommend the Chicken Dinner Resturant and anything containing Boy-sen Berry MMMMMMMM my fave. Glad to see you enjoyed it as well!

Side Note: So I wanted to post these pics and I wanted to use the usb cord for my camera which is attached to the charger adapter. I keep all my chargers in a ziploc freezer bag under my bed. Got the back out NO camera charger:scared1:. Checked all my plugs and tore apart my room looking for it cant find it anywhere :confused3 no idea where it went. Ordered a new usb for it hoping ill be able to use the usb adapter i use for my ipod, not sure why I wouldnt be able to but apple pssh. Other wise ill be forced to buy a new adapter before my disneyland trop :sad2:
Lucky for you though scan disc plugs into my computer lol

Scrap booking: (sorry about picture size its all photo buckets fault, Ill try and fix it for the nexts posts)
So I dont think Ive ever said this on the Dis, but I love to scrap book unfortunately its expensive and Im poor lol. What I useualy do is buy stickers and things when there super cheap on clearance and save them for after I get back from a trip. I also only scrapbook trips
Here is what Ive bought for my upcoming DLR trip :banana:

103_0091.jpg

Im pretty proud most of the big paper sets you see were 5 dollars and 6 alot of the stickers were bought at work (Target) or Micheals for under a dollar!

For fun here are some pics of my work

DLR 2006
103_0098.jpg

103_0099.jpg

DLR 2007
103_0100.jpg

103_0101.jpg

DLR 2009
103_0106.jpg

103_0106.jpg

103_0107.jpg

And some of my other trips
Comic Con, Knotts, Sea world, Wrestlemania, PHX Zoo, Hawaii
103_0108.jpg

103_0093.jpg

103_0097.jpg

103_0096.jpg

103_0094.jpg

and also just for fun here a pic of me and my brother on my first ride on Tower of Terror, He talked me into it and I had BLAST but as you can see form this pic I started out terrified, we are in the bottom left corner Im clinging to his arm and hes telling me its gonna be fun. I assume the camera is in the mirror, also check the people around us they all definitly know where the camera is. Love the check reading the map lol
sorry its a little blurry
103_0102.jpg

Just talked Jared in to rideing Tower of terror with me by showing him the footage form Disneyland behind the scenes on netflix, for some reason he thought you stood on TOT instead of sitting o_O not sure where he got that crazey idea but it sounds dangerous he was relieved to find out you sit and are buckled lol and finally agreed to ride it with me Im sOOO excited :woohoo:

Holy Bajeezus Jared and I were actually there at the last match you would have thought someone killed my dog afterwards >.< Of course Im also a fireworks crier lol

Ok so my sister and I have been playing this post game on Facebook, called 30 day song challenge I thought it might be fun to do here with Disney songs :lovestruc. Some of the questions will be a little harder to do hear because its things like song from your favorite band or songs from a band you hate, who could hate any disney music! but I think I can pull it off. Im going to post the list in this post and then Ill post one song a day till I finish if you guys dont like this just let me know and ill quit I just thought it would be fun until more things happen with my trip plans:)

day 01 - your favorite song
day 02 - your least favorite song
day 03 - a song that makes you happy
day 04 - a song that makes you sad
day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere
day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event
day 08 - a song that you know all the words to
day 09 - a song that you can dance to
day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep
day 11 - a song from your favorite band
day 12 - a song from a band you hate
day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure
day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love
day 15 - a song that describes you
day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate
day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio
day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio
day 19 - a song from your favorite album
day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry
day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy
day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad
day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding
day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral
day 25 - a song that makes you laugh
day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument
day 27 - a song that you wish you could play
day 28 - a song that makes you feel guilty
day 29 - a song from your childhood
day 30 - your favorite song at this time last year

Ok then last new post for today I promise here is some actual trip information! We have officially made our Dinner reservation for 5 o clock on the second, still up in the air about our carnation cafe reservation until park hours for the third are released fingers crossed for Disneyland opening at 8 and Dca its usual 10

I was going to put that but I changed my mind because I wanted to save it to songs that make me happy. Im pretty sure its not possible to sing that song with out smiling :)

Further update: Found my camera charger today...in the bathroom. I have absolutely no clue how it got there but that is where it was :confused3:rotfl2:

Holy Bajeezus Jared and I were actually there at the last match you would have thought someone killed my dog afterwards >.< Of course Im also a fireworks crier lol

Before it all went down, I actually thought it was 'Taker that was retiring, not HBK. DH totally made fun of me for being so upset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter