November 4th, 2017 - Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

I assume that most of you are aware that there is a Facebook group for our sailing. Someone on the Facebook group is organizing Fish Extender groups for anyone who is interested. I also know that not everyone likes/uses Facebook. Is anyone here interested in organizing a Fish Extender group here, as well? If we have enough interested cabins, I don't mind organizing it for this board, as well!

Subscribing -- we are booked on this cruise. It will be our third cruise -- we have previously done two 3-nights sailings on the Dream, so we are excited to extend to a 7-night!

It will be me, my husband, and our two boys, who will be 12 and 10.

I like longer sailings much more than shorter ones - the 3 day sailing feel rushed, like you're not able to settle in because you know you'll be leaving shortly. For the 7 night sailings, we unpack everything and really settle into the cabin and a routine. Also, there's more menus, more activities, more of just about everything because it's more time.

Hahaha, Jersey girl here so Jersey week it is! We are booked! We are room 10630. My hubby, me, and Erin age 12, and Molly age 9. We are excited to be a part of fish extender madness of all types! Last time we went crazy and had a whole extra suitcase of fish extender gifts! I've already started planning for this year!

There are 5 of us- the hubs and myself, son Reid 12, son Finn 9 and daughter Locke 6. My parents are going on the cruise too but won't be participating in the FE.
My daughter Erin 12, and daughter Molly 9, and my parents who won't extend the fish either...sounds like we need to meet! :)

I assume that most of you are aware that there is a Facebook group for our sailing. Someone on the Facebook group is organizing Fish Extender groups for anyone who is interested. I also know that not everyone likes/uses Facebook. Is anyone here interested in organizing a Fish Extender group here, as well? If we have enough interested cabins, I don't mind organizing it for this board, as well!
How do I join the FB group?

Well, we're out.

Found an incredible deal on Princess for the 10 day Partial Panama canal transit (it's less in Canadian funds than this cruise is in American funds). I think I've sailed DCL for the last time.

I just booked. Its are first cruise ever. Anything i should know? Anything to pack that a newbie would not think of. What is pixie dusting a room?

This is our second cruise on the Fantasy. Just joined the Facebook group and it looks like 2 members from our last cruise will be with us again! Andrea T & Leslie H. Cant wait to get placed in the fish extender group and the trick-or-treat party. We having one again?

I just booked. Its are first cruise ever. Anything i should know? Anything to pack that a newbie would not think of. What is pixie dusting a room?
Lots to learn you do. We were in the same position 2 years ago. I would suggest finding the the Facebook group for this cruise and join. There will be other information posted in there.

Pixie dusting is dropping fish extender gifts off at rooms even if you are not assigned to a fish extender group.

There are some good YouTube videos on what to bring and what to do on each ship. This is our second Fantasy trip and it will have so much to do that it is just fun to get lost on it during the day. I highly suggest booking your shore excursions on the first day you can. They fill up fast! Same with the ship events like character meets and the beauty shop.

Hey guys! I'm Marsha. the one organizing the FE on the other page, but I'd love to do the pixie dusting too, esp if someone else is willing to organize:dogdance:

Can't believe my PIF date is coming up so soon.

Just booked and paid: only 2 more weeks until I can checkin online. I also joined the FB group but I'm still waiting to be approved.
So excited!!

We've cruised before, but this will be our first Disney cruise with our girls (3 and 10 months). We haven't told our three year old yet... she is going to lose her mind!

Pixie Dusting sounds like a good plan - I like the idea of things being relaxed!

Hi everyone, I am late to this blog but after reading posts was wondering what pixie dusting is? I am familiar with the fish extender. But we are 5 adults in 2 cabins (no grandkids this trip) and would love to participate.

Hi everyone, I am late to this blog but after reading posts was wondering what pixie dusting is? I am familiar with the fish extender. But we are 5 adults in 2 cabins (no grandkids this trip) and would love to participate.

Hi there!

Pixie dusting is a less formal way of participating in the FE (Fish Extender) fun! There isn't really a need for someone to organize a spreadsheet or to worry too much about specific likes or interests. I usually just make a note of the room number and number of adults/children in the room (from information on this thread) and "pixie dust" them with fun surprises at some point during the cruise. I also take extra gifts to pixie dust other cruisers' rooms. My kids really enjoy the experience of knowing they've brightened someone's day with a little extra magic. pixiedust:

Our family of 4 is in cabin #6518 and we have a 10yr old son and an 11yr old daughter!::MickeyMo::MinnieMo::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Last edited:
Hi There! This will be our 2nd cruise with DCL, 1st trip on the Fantasy though. There will be 4 of us, my husband and I with our 2 kiddos. Our son is 9 and our daughter is 5; however, she will be celebrating her 6th birthday aboard the ship. =)

Sadly, I didn't learn about the FE gifts until we were on board the last Disney Cruise, so I promised the kiddos we'd take part in the next one. I'm currently not on Facebook, so I'm hoping some of the same information will be posted here so we don't miss out on any of the fun.

Hi There! This will be our 2nd cruise with DCL, 1st trip on the Fantasy though. There will be 4 of us, my husband and I with our 2 kiddos. Our son is 9 and our daughter is 5; however, she will be celebrating her 6th birthday aboard the ship. =)

Sadly, I didn't learn about the FE gifts until we were on board the last Disney Cruise, so I promised the kiddos we'd take part in the next one. I'm currently not on Facebook, so I'm hoping some of the same information will be posted here so we don't miss out on any of the fun.[/QUOTE

Someone mentioned that there is a Facebook group setup for it. I'm sure it's private so you'll have to search for it. Maybe someone else here can give more specific info on it.
If you're not looking for something super organized, there is always Pixie Dusting!
Read some of the previous posts for more info!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter