**November 2019 check in ***

I'd like to know why as well...that's our first day in the parks. What's interesting is that the calendar lists Festival of Holidays as going until 8pm and Viva Navidad happening at 8pm, both at DCA. Which makes me think maybe there's a private corporate event that night?
Hopefully someone will have some info on it. That's our last day in the parks but I thought it was weird also they had all of that info up as well. Only thing missing was a World of Color time but it did show up on the schedule. Strange.

Either way, I hope you have a great time!

Hopefully someone will have some info on it. That's our last day in the parks but I thought it was weird also they had all of that info up as well. Only thing missing was a World of Color time but it did show up on the schedule. Strange.

Either way, I hope you have a great time!

Thanks! We will have hoppers so it will be fine. :)

Just decided on a very last minute trip 11/6-11/9. Pretty excited about it, but then realized it’s the first weekend for the holiday season. Now I’m nervous about the crowds. How crowded do you think it will actually be?

We will be there too! Jersey week=crowds :( hitting up the MVMCP on the 8th, I'm hoping it will be manageable. :)

So bummed that Fantasmic is not showing on Thursday November 21st. We only have 2 evenings in the park and we got the WOC dining package for the 20th and were hoping for Fantasmic on the 21st but it seems it is not going to happen. Still have my fingers crossed but less and less hopeful every day

How are the parks on holiday parade filming day? Last couple of years it has been around the 15th. Has anyone been on property for this? We are not interested in the filming, but we will be there that week. The 15th is a Friday so I am thinking they might film on the 14th - but on the 14th there is a DVC event at DCA starting at 9PM but guests can show up as early as 6PM.

How long does filming last? Does it go into the night? Is DCA crazy busy with all the people that do not want to watch the taping?

How are the parks on holiday parade filming day? Last couple of years it has been around the 15th. Has anyone been on property for this? We are not interested in the filming, but we will be there that week. The 15th is a Friday so I am thinking they might film on the 14th - but on the 14th there is a DVC event at DCA starting at 9PM but guests can show up as early as 6PM.

How long does filming last? Does it go into the night? Is DCA crazy busy with all the people that do not want to watch the taping?

We were in the parks last year on Nov. 15th when they did filming. It was our first day and we used our Magic Morning (it was a Thursday). Looking back at my notes and pictures, we rode rides from like 7-8:30am in DL and then hopped over to DCA. We did see them setting up cameras and other equipment in the hub and by the big Christmas tree. And the castle was blocked off so that you couldn't walk right through/under it. We came back to DL that evening around 5pm for more rides, dinner, etc. and they were all finished. So it must have all been done just during daylight hours (I think the sun sets around 5pm that time of year). If I'm remembering correctly, I don't think they filmed the parade at DL last year, it was just performances. The parade shots used during the TV special were all from MK. Oh, and to answer your question about DCA being crazy busy, I did not feel like that was the case at all. We had a great time over there that day and rode plenty of rides.

Hope that helps a little!

It’s getting close!! Bought our park tickets today! And started packing the kids clothes! It looks much hotter there right now then it was when we went 2 years ago. Shouldn’t affect the packing much though, I know we’ll still need jackets/sweaters for the evenings.

What is everyone packing for their November trip? We're coming from Florida and November is when the weather starts to get a bit wonky over here, I'm wondering if Disneyland is the same way? I was going to start buying my kids a couple of t-shirts but I don't know if it'll still be t-shirt weather.

What is everyone packing for their November trip? We're coming from Florida and November is when the weather starts to get a bit wonky over here, I'm wondering if Disneyland is the same way? I was going to start buying my kids a couple of t-shirts but I don't know if it'll still be t-shirt weather.

You'll want the whole range and layers, layers, layers. We are frequent November travelers. Most mornings and evenings you'll need a light jacket or long sleeves at least. Make sure you have on short sleeves under for when it warms up. Last year we had on our slightly heavier coats for a 3 day stretch. I think it was 48 degrees when we did EMM at TSL at 7:00am. But dont forget swim clothes as well. You can definitely swim midday unless there's a cold snap.

This is the week we went last year. Quite a range!

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/kissimmee/historic?month=11&year=2018

You'll want the whole range and layers, layers, layers. We are frequent November travelers. Most mornings and evenings you'll need a light jacket or long sleeves at least. Make sure you have on short sleeves under for when it warms up. Last year we had on our slightly heavier coats for a 3 day stretch. I think it was 48 degrees when we did EMM at TSL at 7:00am. But dont forget swim clothes as well. You can definitely swim midday unless there's a cold snap.

48 degrees?! Yikes! I guess I'll skip the Christmassy t-shirts and go with long sleeved shirts instead! Glad we're flying with Southwest and those bags are free if we have to bring coats!

I think maybe you’re talking about WDW? This is the Disneyland forum.

We were in the parks last year on Nov. 15th when they did filming. It was our first day and we used our Magic Morning (it was a Thursday). Looking back at my notes and pictures, we rode rides from like 7-8:30am in DL and then hopped over to DCA. We did see them setting up cameras and other equipment in the hub and by the big Christmas tree. And the castle was blocked off so that you couldn't walk right through/under it. We came back to DL that evening around 5pm for more rides, dinner, etc. and they were all finished. So it must have all been done just during daylight hours (I think the sun sets around 5pm that time of year). If I'm remembering correctly, I don't think they filmed the parade at DL last year, it was just performances. The parade shots used during the TV special were all from MK. Oh, and to answer your question about DCA being crazy busy, I did not feel like that was the case at all. We had a great time over there that day and rode plenty of rides.

Hope that helps a little!
Thanks! That is the info I was looking for.

We’ll be visiting DLR 11/17-11/22 coming from Hawaii. Spending 5 nights at GCH. :love: We are celebrating our son’s 6th birthday. :wizard: So very excited to be going back during holiday season!

I would highly suggest asking if the laundry facilities at the GCH are working. Once there and they tell you, sorry, you need to use the laundry facilities at PPH, ask them to transport you and your laundry there.

Last year we went Out 28 to Nov 2 and it was very warm. Even at night we did not need the hoodies we brought with us. This time we are going 11-15 and I really have no clue what to pack. I get cold easily and I'm planning on bringing layers. I have a couple of thin DLR sweatshirts and a half zip fleece that can be worn under a jacket. DD and DH are very warm so they will bring shorts and maybe a pair of jeans or 2 and hoodies for nights. Will probably bring swimsuits since where we are staying they have a nice pool.

I keep checking the weather right up to the day we leave for CA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter