November 10, 2018 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean

Hello, My family will be on this cruise (Myself, my wife, and our two sons (ages 10 and 7). This is our first Disney Cruise (but we are huge Disney fans and have been to WDW, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris many, many times). With this being our first cruise we are happy to hear and learn any insider tips we can...of first question I noticed today when I found this link that many of you are already able to do check-in and signup for excursions and reservations....we were told we cannot log in until August 27th, do they tier it with certain people getting access earlier than others for one reason or another? If we are getting in late, any tips on getting things we still want to do, are there waitlists? Lastly what is the FE list noted here and is there an actual meet up on the ship of Disney fans...or just a way to see who is going in advance? More info for this newbie please.
Thank you!
Justin

Hi Justin! Welcome :) You're going to LOVE it!! My son will be 10 also this cruise and will likely spend most of his time in the Oceaneer club! We have also been to WDW many times as well. We took our first cruise back in 2016 and were instantly hooked!
You will find LOTS of great tips around this board, on the main thread there are plenty of questions being asked and answered daily that you will likely also be interested in knowing and the search feature has been my "go to" on many topics.

Yes, there is a tier system for check-ins depending on # of cruises you've taken. That is why your check-in date is later than others.

Platinum (10+) & Concierge: 120 days prior to sail date
Gold (6 to 10 cruises): 105 days prior to sail date
Silver (1-5 cruises): 90 days prior to sail date
First time cruisers: 75 days prior to sail date

I would be happy to check availability for you on certain activities if you'd like for certain days if there is something you are interested in as of now.

You can find more info on Fish Extenders (FE's) here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm
It looks like Garcia Familia are the only ones who've officially signed up so far I think.

Ya'll better not hog all of the lounge chairs around Satellite Falls! Leave at least one lounge chair for me!!!

I’ve never been to Satellite Falls! My last cruise I had a toddler stuck to my leg/hip the entire time :rotfl2:

I guess I don’t know what I’m missin’, but I’m excited to find out! :jumping3:

83 Days to go!!

So, my Father in Law (who will be cruising with us) has to have surgery in October ... :eek:

Not expected of coarse, it's an outpatient surgery, but he is almost 73. Kinda nervous about it over here... but I'm hopeful he will be well enough by cruise time to leave. Recovery is 3-4 weeks from what I've read.

We just need lots of prayers, because he doesn't have cruise insurance for this. :scared1:

Closing Date... I'm with the consensus. We don't have any social media so this will be the only way for us to participate. We have a 6 year old son celebrating a birthday during this sailing. We typically take him to WDW every odd birthday but thought we'd do something different. Thank you again for your time.

Are you still around? You need 10 posts for me to PM you any FE information...

MSPeelerDISnerd
New
So, my Father in Law (who will be cruising with us) has to have surgery in October ... :eek:

Hope he recovers quickly. My thoughts and prayers will be with him.

I’m excited, and nervous.

I’m not ready. I’ve got to figure out packing. We bought some packing cubes on Amazon to try and reduce the amount of luggage we are bringing. We will be staying over night before the cruise somewhere and don’t want to take all of our luggage in so I need to pack smart to have just an overnight bag for those nights (2) AND a carry on for cruise day. Still trying to figure out how I can have three that’s those packing cubes act as “bags”. I don’t know.

We find out today when my FIL’s surgery will be. A little nervous about that too of coarse. :worried:

I’m not ready. I’ve got to figure out packing. We bought some packing cubes on Amazon to try and reduce the amount of luggage we are bringing. We will be staying over night before the cruise somewhere and don’t want to take all of our luggage in so I need to pack smart to have just an overnight bag for those nights (2) AND a carry on for cruise day. Still trying to figure out how I can have three that’s those packing cubes act as “bags”. I don’t know.

We find out today when my FIL’s surgery will be. A little nervous about that too of coarse. :worried:

Love packing cubes! I put swim suits and coverups in one cube so there is easy access to them. I will put clothes for KSC and embarkation day in one cube. Then I pack separate cubes for each one of us for the cruise. Because of formal night, we are taking garment bag so I will try to get as much clothes as I can into that which won't require a cube. I put toiletries in a cube too. For a quick unpacking, I just throw the cubes in drawers.

I find cruises tough to pack for, particularly when you overnight for a few days prior.

I have about 35 outfits set aside for the cruise (I'm exaggerating :laughing:... It just feels like 35) and I am going to need to cut my outfits wayyyy down. I usually like to change into something else every night for dinner but I'm going to *try* to limit it to one outfit per day except on formal and semi-formal nights. I won't take the time to do laundry on the cruise but am thinking about sending DH's stuff out to get washed....maybe a couple things of mine too.

Hope all goes well with your FIL and he recovers quickly. At least the cruise is a nice relaxing vacation for him.

I started packing in June! :rotfl:

Given that the cruise is in November, I thought I'd better start buying summer shirts and shorts because by the time October rolls around, it might be difficult to locate these items.

Over the weekend, I went thru all the clothes I set aside and figured out what I'm wearing each day of the cruise....so 7 outfits picked out. Now I need to decide what to wear on the travel days and what to wear to Kennedy Space Center which we are doing on Friday.

I hope DD11 is all set. She is growing like a weed but I think she has shorts, dresses and tops that fit.

Over the weekend, I went thru all the clothes I set aside and figured out what I'm wearing each day of the cruise....so 7 outfits picked out. Now I need to decide what to wear on the travel days and what to wear to Kennedy Space Center which we are doing on Friday.

I hope DD11 is all set. She is growing like a weed but I think she has shorts, dresses and tops that fit.

I'm going to take DD shopping at our local consignment store this weekend I think. They have good gently used items for under $5 each and I won't break our vacation budget. She has grown about 3 inches since last year and needs new jeans and tops. They are crop tops now :rotfl:

I think I will pick out outfits, and take pictures of them. That way when it comes time to pack I won't be scrambling to remember what I chose, since everything I want to bring I still wear on a day to day basis. It's still 95 outside today and no telling if it will be in the 60's or 80's come November here! Our weather is very temperamental :confused3

Under 60 days though :hyper:

I can't believe we are under 60 days now! And that summer is over. DD went back to school last week.

I'm going to *try* not to wear any of the clothes I set aside for the cruise. DH will still be wearing everything (at least t-shirts and polos) right up until we leave so I will need to keep up with laundry so I have clean clothes for him to pack. DD should stop wearing her summer clothes any day now when the cold comes.

When is your FIL's surgery scheduled?

:sail: :sail:

:welcome:

Hello! I'm so excited to be on this cruise. My name is Michelle and I will be sailing with my DH, in-laws and our 3 kids DD [12], DS [10] and DS [4]. Can't wait to see who all will be joining us!​

Fish Extender Sign Up:

Fish Extender Basics: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Maximum of 10 cabins per group so everyone can afford to participate. All cabins in your group, including adult only cabins, to receive gifts to make it fun for everyone!

If you would like to participate in the Fish Extender for this cruise, reply to this thread with the following information and you will be added to the official list. Include as much or as little as you wish!

DIS Username:
Stateroom:
Adults:
(name, age at time of cruise, gender, favorite Disney characters, etc)
Children: (name, age at time of cruise, gender, favorite Disney characters, etc)
Any Allergies?:
Celebrations:

Official Fish Extender List: (TBC)

Cruisinig Roll Call: (alphabetical)

Ajandbellesmommy: Cruising with husband, son [6], daughter [4] , mother, MIL, FIL, BIL and his girlfriend and son.

Cindy Thomas: Cindy, husband Bill, DD [17] & DS [15]

Corinne Bodem: Corinne, husband, 3 kids [ages, 8, 10 and 11]

crazyforwdw

DisCruiseDad: Scott, wife Jen, DS [11] and DD [7]

Disneyelf10

Garcia Familia

gomagic:
Tricia

jestracker

Justin Disnatti: traveling with wife, DS [10] and DS [7]

keenanja:
DS [11], DS [8]

LCoulter: Laura, husband Bob, DD [11]

lovewdwfun: Julie, traveling with husband and 4 kids [ DS10, DD8, DS5, and DD2 ]

MSPeeler: Michelle, cruising with my husband, Dave, DD [12] , DS [10] and DS [4] , and my in-laws in connecting staterooms.

nicoleshan821

jestracker: Joan,
traveling with her husband, son and his wife.

JessLFam: Jessica
, husband, DS [5] & DS [3.5]

Sccrmnky2005: DD [5]

sjsjbrook: wife&husband, DD [16], DD [15], & DS [8]

yepbob: Lisa, husband Art, DS [12], DD [9] & DD [6]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!