Nov trip....thoughts on YC vs BC

AndyFL

This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my c
In Nov we were planning on going the first week. I was thinking that since the parks close early this time of the year that my Fam might actually enjoy the resort we stay at more and I was looking at the YC and BC. Is there any real difference between them? What about the walk to HS or Epcot from either?

They are basically the same resort with different decor, but I jotted down some differences below:

> YC rooms all have a full balcony or patio - some BC rooms have a standing room only balcony.

> The "counter service" for both is located at the BC - BC Marketplace.

> BC is about a two minute closer walk to Epcot than YC. YC is closer by a minute to the boat dock.

> YC is a quieter resort mostly because BC has the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe which draws alot of families and subsequently alot of noise in the lobby area.

> YC decor is darker, richer colors - BC is lighter, airy, beachy theme.

> YC has the Yachtsman Steakhouse which is our favorite place to eat!

Both resorts share the pool and buses.

The walk to Epcot is about 7 minutes from YC - about 5 from BC - walk to DHS is about 20 minutes.

So, really, it's more a preference to the theming and maybe if you prefer a more quiet, relaxed type area and then, of course, the balcony.

I don't think you will go wrong with either!

The only real difference is the decor. YC is a grayish color while BC is a more summery blue. And also the lobbies are a bit different. IMO, YC is too dull for me and the last time I went to lobby was dark. I definitely saw more kids at the BC, which means the YC is generally quiter.

Also, YC has full balconies, while BC only has some.

The walk from YC is just a bit longer (about 2-3 mins more) to Epcot compared to the BC, which is literally a 5 minute walk to Epcot. I never walked to DHS, but the bC is a bit longer (again, it's longer by about 2-3 mins).

I enjoy the BC better (it's my favorite hotel), just for the colors and atmosphere. YC is a great choice too though, just for the pool and location!

There's not much of a difference if you're going by yourself, but when i heard you were bringing family, the answer changed. I would personally pick Beach club because it is more vibrant and colorful. Yacht Club on the other hand is more elegant and simple. Beach club also has a yummy ice cream shop :P Hop I helped!:dogdance:

I prefer Yacht mainly because of the bus stop situation. YC gets picked up first and dropped off first so you're guaranteed a seat in the morning which is a nice relief.

The BC bus stop gets insanely crowded at times early in the morning between 8 and 9. It's stressful waiting for a bus and seeing hoards of people come and come and come and you know that you might very well end up with standing room only or worse yet, miss the bus, and have to wait again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter